Fordham

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football Fordham

This topic contains 62 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by marco marco 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 63 total)
  • Author

Lehigh74
    Participant

What is really unconscionable is that it’s been 5 years running Lehigh has had one of the worst defenses in all of FCS football and nothing has been done to improve the situation. The Georgetown defensive coordinator, who has done a great job, was available and instead of Lehigh hiring him, he was hired by Lafayette. Is there any reasonable explanation as to how or why Coen allows this to continue year after year?

NJLehighFan
    Participant

Dom Bragalone should be Patriot League offensive player of the week.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

The $64 question we are all asking. He has tried a variety of coaches but all basically in house. A new voice may help here.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Yeah ironically it likely will be Palladino.

van
    van
    Participant

one item not being mentioned is the short field opponents are getting quite often due to poor kick offs, short field and weak D does not go well together

disagree that QB has to be perfect to win, but if he thinks that then there might be part of the problem, QB that makes plays that are there and takes care of football when they are not will win a lot of games for this team

just a fan
    Participant

YOU CANT NOT STOP 4TH AND 1 IN A COVER 2 ZONE DEFENSE,
    BLAME THE KIDS!!!!

ITS THE COACHING POINT BLANK!!! THE BUCK STARTS AND STOPS THERE

HAVE ANYONE THOUGHT ABOUT EVERY WEEK A KID OF OURS IS CARTED OFF IN AN AMBULANCE??? HMMMMM!!!

LEHIGH IS CHEAP VERY VERY CHEAP, THESE KIDS DONT EVEN HAVE SWEAT SUITS, OLD EQUIPMENT, 4 WR HAVE SHOULDER INJURIES, OLD AND CHEAP SHOULDER PADS OLD HELMETS NOT UP TO DATE
    BLAME THE KIDS

just a fan
    Participant

MESSAGE BOARD WAKE UP!!! JUST WAKE UP AND STOP BLAMING THE KIDS THE ADULTS ARE TO BLAME, REGARDLESS THEY FIGHT EVERY WEEK, AT THE END OF THE GAME THEY HAD A OPPORTUNITY TO BE IN A WINNING SITUATION, ONSIDE KICK WITH 3 MINUTES AND 3 TIME OUTS, BLAME THE KIDS!! REALLY!! WTF WAS THAT,,, OH AND ANOTHER KID GOT CARTED OFF AS A RESULT OF THAT DUMB ASS POP WARNER CALL

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

[quote quote=32650]Can we agree that this mess starts with the D?

I mean, if a team can score five TDs like LU usually does, that team should not be 2 – 6.

Because everyone knows that the defense is, well, defenseless, everyone is trying to hit a five run home run every time the O has the ball. Imagine the pressure to be “perfect” and the sense that you need to probably score fifty to have a chance to win.

Only a matter of time before mistake happen. The TOs were killer, but again, how many times have we seen a scenario where the defense :holds” a team to 3rd and 15 from say midfield, then gives up not only a first down, but a TD?

Even though I want a 12th championship and even IF this team wins out, do any of you want this team to represent the league in the playoffs?

Lafayette’s defense (within the league) has been stellar, due in part to poaching a proven DC (from Georgetown). We cannot go into next season with these defensive coaches.[/quote]

+1

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

[quote quote=32666]

Can we agree that this mess starts with the D?

I mean, if a team can score five TDs like LU usually does, that team should not be 2 – 6.

Because everyone knows that the defense is, well, defenseless, everyone is trying to hit a five run home run every time the O has the ball. Imagine the pressure to be “perfect” and the sense that you need to probably score fifty to have a chance to win.

Only a matter of time before mistake happen. The TOs were killer, but again, how many times have we seen a scenario where the defense :holds” a team to 3rd and 15 from say midfield, then gives up not only a first down, but a TD?

Even though I want a 12th championship and even IF this team wins out, do any of you want this team to represent the league in the playoffs?

Lafayette’s defense (within the league) has been stellar, due in part to poaching a proven DC (from Georgetown). We cannot go into next season with these defensive coaches.

+1[/quote]

+2

LehighForLifer
    Participant

I agree with all these posts regarding the awful play of the defense. the defensive coaches are embarrassing, which all starts with Sutyak and Bott. The players who these two hand pick to play, as well as the current depth chart, sets us up for failure this year and beyond.

both Sutyak and Bott should be fired immediately

lfnadmin
    Keymaster

[quote quote=32664]HAVE ANYONE THOUGHT ABOUT EVERY WEEK A KID OF OURS IS CARTED OFF IN AN AMBULANCE??? HMMMMM!!!

LEHIGH IS CHEAP VERY VERY CHEAP, THESE KIDS DONT EVEN HAVE SWEAT SUITS, OLD EQUIPMENT, 4 WR HAVE SHOULDER INJURIES, OLD AND CHEAP SHOULDER PADS OLD HELMETS NOT UP TO DATE[/quote]

Using injuries to push the agenda is where I draw the line. These are real lives here getting affected and I see no evidence to go here with this idle equipment speculation.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Really no basis for equipment crap. Shoulder pads no protection to hitting the ground hard sideways. Happens all over even in the pros.

LUHawker
    LUHawker
    Participant

[quote quote=32664] AT THE END OF THE GAME THEY HAD A OPPORTUNITY TO BE IN A WINNING SITUATION, ONSIDE KICK WITH 3 MINUTES AND 3 TIME OUTS, BLAME THE KIDS!! REALLY!! WTF WAS THAT[/quote]

I was watching with my 12-yr old son and he says the same thing (in different words). We know that short fields have contributed to the defensive struggles all season, so why in God’s name did they try this approach. It was a high-risk/high-reward option when a lower risk option would have given the team a better chance.

This was a poor choice given the situation IMO. It clearly didn’t work out.

just a fan
    Participant

EXACTLY THATS MY POINT, SO YOU GUYS SAY THAT 5YR OLD HELMETS AND SHOULDER PADS DO NOT CONTRIBUTE TO INJURIES.. PLEASE JUST STOP IT ALREADY, AND I DO KNOW KIDS ARE BEING CARTED EVERY WEEK WITH SEASON ENDING INJURIES THATS ALL THE PROOF YOU NEED, AM I HAVE NO AGENDA TO PUSH OTHER THAN THE KIDS WELL BEING THEY ARE NOT ALL TO BLAME FOR COACHES WHO CANT COACH AND A ADMINISTRATION THAT SENDS KIDS OUT IN OUT DATED EQUIPMENT,, OH AND FOR THE RECORD I HAVE P R O O F
    WONDER WHAT YOU WOULD BE SAYING IF YOUR KID WAS BEING CARTED OFF ON A ONSIDE KICK WITH 3 MINUTES AND 3 TIMEOUTS.

SMH

just a fan
    Participant

IM DONE

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 63 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.