Fordham – Game 3

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball Fordham – Game 3

This topic contains 20 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  toddcudd 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

RichH hit the nail on the head: In this game, you win rebounds, you win the game. Seemed sloppy on both ends tonight. Whomever made least mistakes won … Still lots of reason to be optimistic.

Despite some misses of “easy” shots by Kempton, love his ability to shoot hook shots from both sides. He’ll be a good one.

Fun guys to watch.

LUHoops00
    Participant

Tough road loss, but we should expect this from such a young team, they got to go through the growth process and learn to win games on road. Negatives were clearly reblunding, we gave up a ton of offensive rebounds and second chance points and that killed us. Mackey was brilliant and Tim had some really nice buckets and a few other moves where shots just didn’t fall. We didn’t get any breaks either and that never helps. AP with early foul trouble didn’t really play until second half and despite struggling shooting the ball you saw some good things. He attacked the rim and drove by first layer of defense for a pull-up jumper, he has a good iq. JC not big offensive output, but was nice to see some drives and get in the lane a but more. JG was active and agree with Todd, you need him or JC out there to add ateticksm and energy at all times.SC isn’t ready to play, not at full speed and was never an athlete to begin with but he’s limited and costing us big time. Tough Loss but this w
    ill build character and we got another opportunity out west.

jimk72
    jimk72
    Participant

Just got back to Allentown from Rose Hill campus in the Bronx. Took a flyer at 3:45 & decided to brave GWB & Cross Bronx Expressway on a Friday at rush hour to see this group on the road. Glad I went. Great game though the result was not what we would have liked. Agree with all of the above. Did not take care of the ball on a number of occasions, lots of freshman mistakes, bad shooting night, on the road…… and we still could have won with a break or two. But the learning curve continues upward. Mackey astounded the entire gym with a season full of highlight moves to keep us in it. CS also a very, very solid game. Tonight’s trip once again reminds me never to complain about traffic here in the Lehigh Valley.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by jimk72 jimk72.

LU65
    Participant

What more can be said that hasn’t been said already? Not much and thanks for the reports above. I missed the game live but ran home to watch the DVR taping. Should have stayed at the party. Now switching gears and heading north to the Colgate game but had to leave some lasting impressions from last night.

Gotta feel for SC…… He’s hurting and clearly not ready to play 18 minutes on a bum leg. Not planting well and timing is well off. An air ball?! I don’t think we can expect much from this fine young competitor who gave us 14 mpg and 5 ppg last year and competed in 32 games. Clearly not ready yet.

52……number of cards in a deck not rebounds given up. How’s that possible?

If at first you don’t succeed………….What was AP thinking in the first 4.5 minutes of the second half, especially after seeing how the points were made in the first half, i.e., driving to the basket and getting fouled in the process. After sitting due to foul trouble in the first, he was gonna change all that in the second with 24’-26’ bombs. Four duds in the first 4.5 minutes. Selfish? Freshman inexperience?

JG…………..Must play more. Plain and simple. Gets my vote for the most improved returning player.

CS……….A rock. Steadiest player on the team and has an excellent jumper. Wise……if the 3’s not there or going in, we’ll go inside to get his points like last night. Never misses from the line. Got 5 boards last night ……2 more than TK.

Unselfish play?……….20 assists on 30 made FGs vs. Rider and a “W.” Last night: 11 assists on 26 and a “L.” Oh yeah, not surprised that Fordham was 17 of 29. A stat that paved our way to countless victories last year.

CB………..Invisible 3 minutes. Didn’t even notice he was in the game.

Not in the game and time to forget and move on………. MS with 2 PFs in 9 minutes, otherwise all 0’s on the stat line. SW with 2 PF in 8 minutes, otherwise all 0’s.

JC……..Excellent all around game. Need him inside more and more. Our only rebounder (1/3 of all) and shot blocker (2 of our 3) on the team.

Houston tomorrow!

toddcudd
    Participant

I will probably watch this game again, assuming it’s available as archive. But I do feel like I’ve seen one other trend: seems like guys are having trouble getting their hooks into the ball – particularly the bigs. Seems like we’re seeing this on feeds into the post, and on rebounds.
    Do they make the equivalent of a jugs machine for basketball? If so, I’m ready to help kick in for one. :-)

toddcudd
    Participant

Picked up something else that I think is noteworthy in the box score. While we had foul issues in general, I found 2 nice surprises. Unless the box is in error, JC had 1 foul in 34 minutes, and in 17 minutes JG had zero.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.