Fordham vs, Lafayette: What does this tell us?

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football Fordham vs, Lafayette: What does this tell us?

This topic contains 30 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by ngineer ngineer 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

Fordham generated 700+ yards of offense vs. Pards, but gives up 437, including 325 in air to ‘Pards.

Chase Edmonds rushed for 359 yards for FU. Does LU’s Casey still have chance at PL player of week?

Going to be an interesting next several weeks.

TMH
    Participant

Casey would have been a shoo-in if not for Edmonds performance IMHO. Perhaps they give him Special Teams POW for his KO returns.

buck
    Participant

As usual Lafayette is horrible, now idea how Tavani keeps his job. So slow and non-athletic, they have no chance of winning a game this year. Their QB couldn’t start for Moravian.

Lehigh74
    Participant

Buck, with all due respect, your post is ridiculous. Wasn’t Lafayette the team that kicked our butts at Yankee Stadium? If he is healthy, Drew Reed is a very good quarteback. I still remember the way he picked apart our secondary at Goodman when he was a freshman.

I think what the game tells us is that Chase Edmunds is a great back and that we are going to have our work cut out for us trying to stop him.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by  Lehigh74.

TMH
    Participant

Just a note: Reed was not the QB vs Fordham. I have no idea about his status. Searfoss was under center and threw for 325 yards. As much as we will absolutely have our hands full with Edmonds, I think Fordham will have their hands full with Air Lehigh. But first we need to address Georgetown.

marco
    marco
    Participant

I always root for Lafayette, except the Saturday before Thanksgiving…a perfect scenario is us v them for all the marbles. I am also rooting for Colgate to defeat Fordham.

As I stated earlier, we can win out with a defense that holds teams to four tds. That’s what they’ve done…

Thrilled with halftime adjustments…look at the record…offense, defense, special teams…congrats on a pretty good start.

buck
    Participant

Old school Lehigh comments…old timers trained to fear Lafayette , sort of a superstitious thing. Reality is they stink.

hawktalker
    Participant

Of the five remaining games Fordham is the biggest challenge. The single game rushing record Edmunds broke yesterday was the one he set against Lehigh last year.
    However that’s three weeks away. For the Fordham game to be meaningful Lehigh has to beat Georgetown and Holy Cross first

buck
    Participant

Georgetown and H.C. are average to poor teams, LU should beat both by 30 or 40 pts. Let’s not kid ourselves here, there’s a big gap between Lehigh & Fordham and all the rest.

TMH
    Participant

there’s a big gap between Lehigh & Fordham and all the rest.

The minute we truly start believing that is the minute we start kidding ourselves. There is no room for complacency.

buck
    Participant

Nonsense. Talent wins games, Patriot League has so many slow white guys it’s not funny. Lehigh will be playing 2nd and 3rd string guys by the end of the 2nd qtr. against Georgetown, they are truly woeful.

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

Talent only wins games if it is focused and committed. IF the mind is distracted and not focused, anything can happen. I have been on teams that were expected to roll over another, only to be upset; and have been on heavy underdog teams who knocked of a “vaunted” opponent. Talent only gets you so far. It’s the persistent persperation and mental toughness that takes you to the Promised Land.

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

You don’t want to ever play “down” to the other team. Play your own game and execute, execute, execute — focus, focus, focus.

It’s good to get into the practice of pedal to the metal and seeking perfect execution. They’ll need it vs. Fordham and later in the year (hopefully).

LehighGuy
    Participant

yes, we need to stay focused, this is a road game against a team with a decent record. i dont care who they played. we didnt smash them last yr at goodman like people expect us to do in DC. we have alot of banged up guys. stay focused and get the W!!

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

[quote quote=28669]

there’s a big gap between Lehigh & Fordham and all the rest.

The minute we truly start believing that is the minute we start kidding ourselves. There is no room for complacency.

[/quote]
    Yup. Lose focus on the team next up and you are setting yourself up to lose.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.