Freshmen and more …

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football Freshmen and more …

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by RichH RichH 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

You know, what’s kind of scary:

— Lafayette freshman QB goes 21 of 22 in win today.

— Holy Cross freshman QB having a great year.

— Bucknell freshmen dominating — RB Williams, WR Carter, 6-7, 305-pound tackle who scored TD today.

— More freshmen? Those are just the ones on the top of my head. LU has some good ones, too — if not impact players yet.

— Fordham loaded with three classes of scholarship players and eligible for league title next year.

youngfan
    Participant

Interesting – and Colgate’s freshman class was ranked the highest by far based on the recruiting analysis.

Kramer
    Kramer
    Participant

Keep in mind, those teams you mention — Lafayette, hc and Bucknell — have those freshmen playing partly because the upperclassmen in front of them are not good. If we were weak at QB, WR or OL, etc., we could be playing freshmen as well. And one half of one season does not a career make.

Lafayette has had 3 or 4 qb’s in a row that were the next big thing. And none of them were “that guy”. So I for one, am not ready to hit the panic button. We’ve got work to do here, but we have the staff, and the players, to continue to be one of the leading the PL for many years to come.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Lots of frosh hitting the headlines. Good for PL. Agree with K,most are playing now as the upperclassmen in front of them just aen’t that good.

Prior to yesterday I would’ve have said that that was not the issue at LU. At,Nick will be our QB but unlike other schools he is behind a much better QB.
    LU problem not lack of talent but attitude and lack of focus yesterday. As Keith said yesterday,team so used to starting slow,falling behind does not motivate them. We finally got burned by that myth. On D, that jumble is mind numbing. Why? Probably all the reasons we have been posting all season.
    On a masochistic note,I watched game this AM. Fumbles ,dropped passes, bad passes etc etc. No intensity,players felt they would turn it on at some point. Well that plan didn’t work out so well.
    We haven’t stopped runs all year.No improvement.The Sisters of the Poor could run with impunity up the middle.
    One thing I did see was that our DL w/o exception is composed of tall relatively light athletic kids. Ideal for a 4-3 but useless in the 3-4 w/o a runstuffer. Enuf. Andy has 2 weeks to fix it.We’ll see whether he can.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.