FULMAR GONE

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football FULMAR GONE

This topic contains 38 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by sundayamqb sundayamqb 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

fULMAR GONE AND BRISSON NEW OC

van
    van
    Participant

Fulmer gone to Elon, not Delaware

Elon just hired Cignetti from IUP and PSAC connection from Kutztown days probably in play here

• This reply was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by van van.

Anonymous

FULMAR TO ELON. ELON OUT BID PITT FOR HIS SERVICES. WOW, OFFENSE SHOULD STAY THE SAME. HOPE CHALLENGE IS PUT OUT TO OFFENSE FOR POSITIONS. EVERY YEAR KIDS SHOULD FIGHT FOR THERE JOB. NO GIMMES. THIS IS HOW LEHIGH WILL JUMP TO THE HIGHER LEVEL OF LEAGUE. HEARD GEORGETOWN LOST THERE D COORDINATOR AND NAMED DOUGHTERY THERE NEW D COORDINATOR. GEORGETOWN HAD A GOOD D WITH CURRENT D COORDINATOR. DOUGHTERY IS KIND OF A DOPE. GEORGETOWN JUST TOOK ANOTHER STEP BACK. DOES MARINO JUMP OUT ALSO??? WHO IS OUR RECRUITING COORDINATOR? THINK BRISSON WILL BE FINE FOR A YEAR. ALOT OF SENIORS. THINK GEORGETOWN D COORDINATOR MOVED TO FORDHAM. LET THE COACHING CAROUSEL BEGIN.

van
    van
    Participant

Hoyas DC to Lafayette

NJLehighFan
    Participant

The Offense had an extremely impressive performance this year. Lots of records rushing, passing, etc.. Well deserved For Fulmar to move on to a Head position.
    Brisson was head of recruiting and was key in bringing in the personnel. He should not miss a beat running this Offense. While we may lose a little mobility at QB, we have an arm that can sling it, the best receiving crew in the PL, not to mention a solid ground game that has even more potential. I’m really looking forward to the 2017 campaign. This year we need a home playoff game.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Scott an excellent recruiter and a superb RC as well as a very good WR coach. OC? Well guess we’ll see. Hope so.
    The main issue now is whether Addison Shoup follows DF to Elon. Much closer to home and DF recruited him.

TMH
    Participant

I’m confused. Did Fulmer become the HC or OC at Elon? If it’s the latter , it looks like a bunch of lateral moves except of course for Brisson.

van
    van
    Participant

Fulmer OC at Elon, lateral move to CAA, IUP HC was hired as HC at Elon

Go Lehigh TU Owl
    Go Lehigh TU Owl
    Participant

It’s Folmar. Fulmer is the former coach at Tennessee.

This was bound to happen. I really thought he would parlay the Lehigh OC job into a FCS HC job.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Absolutely owl. Hoped we could keep him til 18. Move still puzzling regardless of money. Elon OC is not an upward move. Elon is the bottom of CAA and never likely to crack top 4 unless those programs self destruct.
    Agree DF could have ridden Mayes to a HC spot.

Anonymous

Some guys do not want the responsibility of being a head coach. They just want more money at being a position coach or a geographical upgrade. Elon is in a very nice area. Still think that Lehigh has no pizazz when it comes to recruits. In this crazy world we live in today kids want to be wined and dined. Lehigh does not do that!!! I posted that the team gets limited apparel. They do not even have duffle bags. CRAZY!!! A poster replied that they are gettings rings…who is paying for the rings???Implying that the school is. Pretty sure the boosters are paying for the rings. Anyway, pizazz is what sells nowadays. A Lehigh recruit gets a trip to the bowling alley and dinner. Hardly impressive. Still think AD is hoping a drone blows up stadium and he can shut down football. What significant improvement has been made to the football program in last four years??? Cannot compete at d1 with a d3 wallet.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

A bit over the top GO :).
    Pizzazz is nice but not a majir selling point in PL.
    Rings are paud for by school. Perhaps some help frim partnership.
    Elon is a nice place but not a noted launcing pad for coaches. Pete was able to use it for Ball St.
    Elon niw in CAA. Elon will not break into top 4-5 of CAA in the foreseeable future

van
    van
    Participant

well Rich, maybe over the top but at least he didn’t shout that time

wilsonfootball2
    wilsonfootball2
    Participant

[quote quote=30372]Some guys do not want the responsibility of being a head coach. They just want more money at being a position coach or a geographical upgrade. Elon is in a very nice area. Still think that Lehigh has no pizazz when it comes to recruits. In this crazy world we live in today kids want to be wined and dined. Lehigh does not do that!!! I posted that the team gets limited apparel. They do not even have duffle bags. CRAZY!!! A poster replied that they are gettings rings…who is paying for the rings???Implying that the school is. Pretty sure the boosters are paying for the rings. Anyway, pizazz is what sells nowadays. A Lehigh recruit gets a trip to the bowling alley and dinner. Hardly impressive. Still think AD is hoping a drone blows up stadium and he can shut down football. What significant improvement has been made to the football program in last four years??? Cannot compete at d1 with a d3 wallet.

[/quote]

I was not aware of the lack of gear. How much is a backpack? Really, not even a Backpack? We did however pick up some great players in 2016 and the next class of commits (2017) looks promising as well. The staff or school pulled some of these guys from (higher in the football world) ranked programs so they are doing something right (hopefully Fulmar was not the reason).

I understand the rings must be paid for by the school per NCAA rules and cannot exceed a certain value.

Anonymous

i did shout..CRAZY!!! LOL. The gear is sparce. Almost embarrasing how lil a d1 school gives out…What improvements has this administration made. Game locker rooms are from the 50s. Stadium needs lights. How bout a nice scoreboard with replays? Shall I go on??? We all have gone down this road a million times. Nothing gets done but it does feel good to vent. I do think ad needs to step up. I do think Lehigh is a decent product but I also think the ad prides himself on running on a shoe-string. Did we get a home playoff game?? nope, did it hurt us, yes!!! Lafayette has a great facility. Hope somebody knows of something in the works for Lehigh football as far as an improvement. I would love to eat my words. MEDIOCRITY is uncurable just like laziness is. If you accept being average you will always be that way. I clearly understand the financial end of college football and the strain it places on athletic programs. We have a 1.2 billion dollar endowment. Im not saying treat the football team any better than the girls softball team but hell, lets divy out some dollars and upgrade something in the football program. Lets not accept just being good. Sometimes administrations like to fly under the radar so they stay out of the limelight. OUT OF SIGHT OUT OF MINE. Not sure where Lehigh stands. Rings are great paid by boosters regardless of NCAA rules. How bout some apparel so these kids can be a walking recruiting machine when they go home. Just a thought. And I did shout a lil…How bout a big name game to kick off season. Penn State? Nice pay day!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.