Future Games.

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football Future Games.

This topic contains 41 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by RichH RichH 9 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

JMU did beat undefeated Albany,

JMU. 3-3
    UNH. 4-1
    MU. 4-1
    Yale 3-0
    A pretty decent OOC.:).
    We have 7 more 6 of which we can win. We have scored on everyone even with the injuries. Key,no surprise,is getting D to improve. Dont expecr we’ll be throwing any shutouts but if we can just get up to adequate team will do fine.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 5 months ago by RichH RichH.
    sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

Heck, a disciplined LU team that makes no big mistakes could win out — if a team like Fordham plays its worst football. And Fordham game, if I recall, is at Goodman.

You never know …

We’ll see how well we do this week.

Miller
    Participant

Bucknell is a winnable game but do not get behind early. Their running back Williams needs to be contained, but easier said than done. Luckily their QB took quite a pounding against Bryant and his numbers were not good. Would it not be fun to see our defense put that kind of pressure on him? Bucknells defense is pretty good thou,and because of their aggressive nature, I think a few trick plays would work. 1-0 in PL play sounds real nice at this juncture of the season. Wonder what kind of revenge talk is going on this week as last years game was a true embarrassment?

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

We’ve sure had enuf time to plan for Bucknell. D is good but does not seem as good as last yr. Their O is predicated on the run,which has not been a strength of our D. Sadly neither has pass D.:).

Buddy
    Participant

Miller,
    I have to disagree, I was at the first couple of practices this past camp and to be quite honest the underclassmen were in better shape than the seniors and juniors, so you tell me? This is Division 1 Football, you play to win and I don’t care if you have to take a kid for offense and put him on D because he is better, you do it! Bucknell is a running team and if we tackle like we did last game we will get crushed. We are to worried about the BIG plays and not running the clock out and if we do that this Saturday we will loose.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

We’ve had 2 weeks to get fit and ready for Bucknell. We should be psyched not only to finally win but to avenge last year.

Miller
    Participant

Buddy. you play to win at any level in my area. You also recruit players for positions. If things do not work out, then recruit better. Very few players move and change positions at any school. Some do pan out, but with your reasoning you could move kid back and forth yearly. Not good.
    BTW trying to run the clock out instead of attacking usually prevents wins not loses.

Buddy
    Participant

Miller, Where I come from I don’t care where the recruits come from or where they are recruited from, it’s not a perfect world, play them where they’re are best suited. We have two fullbacks who could play on any team, at any level and they are sitting on the sidelines, what is your reason for that? I think Kauff is the ideal linebacker and Crawford at running back. Crawford will give you at least 4 yards per carry. Any objections? We need a running offense to take the pressure off of Shaf.?

Miller
    Participant

Buddy, thank God you are a fan/parent with passion and not a coach. Our LBs and RBs are not the problem right now. I would also like to see some sort of fullback in the game plan. Not happening with new OC. Four yards a carry would not match the numbers Sodeke,Yosha and Leigh have put up thru 4 games. Right now our rush game is NOT the problem, nor is TOP as in years past. Our pass defense and the fact we can’t get sacks is the issue………..like it or not.

LehighGuy
    Participant

Miller…I agree that the O is not the problem. They avg. about 32pts a game vs good comp. The D is the problem BIGTIME, and the LB are part of that. Theyve been missing alot of tackles with everybody else, and cant cover. I disagree with the position changes though. Lehigh changes kids all the time. Just because youre recruited for a position doesnt mean you will stay there. Its the job of the coaches to put kids in the best position to succeed. I think they will move Riguad to a safety or LB next yr personally. Since they moved him with jones in there he has played better. This is a MUST win game or Coen might lose the kids. The only thing left to play for is the PL title.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 5 months ago by  LehighGuy.

Miller
    Participant

Georgetown-Win by 7
    Holy Cross-?
    Colgate-?
    Laffy-Really need to win to save the season.
    Would like to think we can win all 4, but see 2-2 finish.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

A lot depends on players not packing it in. They haven’t yet. All 4 are possible. For me,beating Pards is this season.

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.