Gaem 8: Rochester College

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball Gaem 8: Rochester College

This topic contains 13 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  toddcudd 8 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

LU65
    Participant

Game Notes

http://www.lehighsports.com/custompages/Game%20Notes/Men's%20Basketball/2015-16/8%20-%20Lehigh%20vs.%20Rochester%20Notes%20120515.pdf

All you need to know:

Rochester College – NAIA member school – cracked that association’s Top 25 ranking this week and presently carries a record of 8-0 outside D-1 play.
    http://www.rochestercollegewarriors.com/article/952.php

Head Coach Klint Pleasant has put together a challenging schedule that includes three D-1 opponents with several traditional foes ranked in the top 25 in the NAIA. He states. “Our hope is that this schedule challenges us and makes us better as we move through the year and into late February and early March.” Sound familiar? Lehigh will be the 2nd of three D-1 schools on their schedule, having already played and lost to Western Michigan U. (MAC member) on November 23 by the score of 85-73. Following their visit to Bethlehem, they head off to Eastern Michigan U., another MAC school, on Tuesday. KenPom ranks both Western and Eastern Michigan University ahead of Lehigh.

Rochester will undoubtedly sport an experienced “Top 6” lineup which features 3 seniors, 2 juniors and a 1 freshman. TK should square-off against 6’8”/230 lb. Center, Jaylen Larry while KR and AP will match speed and style with #3, 5’11” PG, Paris Fereira, and #20, 5’10” SG, Justin Nafso. Each member of the backcourt pair has each hit for double- digits in each of the past three games.

Game Time: 2pm

Watch Live: http://campusinsiders.com/network/patriot_league/live

Talk about a “must win.”

toddcudd
    Participant

I’m headed over to PNC Arena to see Bucky at NC St. Will provide my 2 cents here afterwards.

travism
    travism
    Participant

What does naia mean. I know Rochester isn’t a div 1 program what are they considered

LU65
    Participant
    ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

In my book, when I see NAIA think D-II.

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

In other words, as good a win as today’s was, LU still doesn’t have an NCAA win this year.

Probably been a long time since an LU team went so late in the season without its first NCAA win.

lehigh90
    Participant

So, here is the question … Did we get first win because of our offensive production or because of our defensive effort

On D, held Rochester to 50 points on 32% shooting and outrebounded them 48-26.

On O, scored 84 points on 51% shooting with 21 assists.

I’m a big believer in defense, so I would say we won the ball game on the defensive end, but others may see better offensive as solution. Or, perhaps a combo of 2, good defense leads to good offense.

lehigh90
    Participant

Only 576 at Stabler yesterday.

travism
    travism
    Participant

Yeah pretty sad attendance yesterday.

hawktalker
    Participant

Attendance will get worse before it gets better. Next several home games will be played while students are home for the holidays

travism
    travism
    Participant

It don’t matter. If they couldn’t pack the house for cj there not gonna do it anytime soon. The whole marketing thing at Lehigh is terrible. Also in game stuff is bad to. Same old games played at timeouts. No music for intros. No pump up music during timeouts. Sad sad sad

lehigh90
    Participant

travism, sad but true, unfortunately.

Bison137
    Bison137
    Participant

[quote=24180]I’m headed over to PNC Arena to see Bucky at NC St. Will provide my 2 cents here afterwards.

[/quote]

Any thoughts on that game?

toddcudd
    Participant

Yes! I really enjoyed it – a good contest the whole way through. Mid-second half I thought you guys might pull it out!
    Hass was fantastic. Seemed to me that NC St. gave him extra attention late in the game to limit his good looks, and he also probably got tired. But I was really impressed. I knew that he’s good, but he looked like the best player in PL right now. Surely he’ll have up and down nights, but he’ll always be dangerous. Obviously a great shooter, but his length and surprising athleticism make him scary.
    I thought Nana showed some solid offense when you could get him the ball down low, but NC St. made that very difficult. Several times I remember seeing him come out much further than he’d like to – near the 3-pt line on the baseline. Thomas had a strong game – I didn’t realize how good until I saw the box. Sneaky good.
    NC St.’s D made things pretty miserable inside, but that’s to be expected in this kind of match-up, IMO. And you guys put up a pile of points anyway. I thought you guys were pretty disruptive on defense too; made them work to get the ball inside.
    I didn’t know anything about Cat Barber ahead of time, and he really impressed me. He was dangerous everywhere on offense, and would be difficult for anyone to shut down, I think. Foul trouble limited him in the first half, which was a good thing.
    The only criticism that stuck with me: it felt like the wrong guys were taking long jumpers at times, in the first half in particular. MacLeay was one offender, I think. But in the end, you can’t argue with 51.6% and 48.1% from 3, particularly against an ACC power.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.