Game 1: Baylor

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball Game 1: Baylor

This topic contains 41 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by StablerBum StablerBum 11 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • Author

lehigh90
    Participant

Strange time for this game.  Does it really tip at 4 CST, or 5 in the East?

Bison137
    Bison137
    Participant

Mulkey clearly is a good coach, but it’s a stretch to talk about the 2005 team as if it didn’t have great talent.   Sophia Young, the top player on that team,  is one of the best players to ever play in the NCAA and was a very high WBNA draft choice.   She was All-American that year and the next year.  Also Stephanie Blackmon was an All-American that year as well.   And Stratton, who was a senior that year, was another 1000 point career scorer.   They also had a couple of other good players.

Ironically, with the discussion above about recruiting violations, Mulkey was found guilty of a very large number of imermissible phone calls to recruits a few years ago and the program was put on probation and lost a couple of scholarships.

BaylorHistory
    Participant

You are right about that. I meant that they weren’t big names coming out of high school . Baylor was Sophia Young’s only offer.

LUHoops00
    Participant

Maybe a potential good sign per GK tweet below.

Tweets

4hGabe KnutsonGabe Knutson‏@GabeRoy42
    In the airport with the family. Can’t wait for this atmosphere tomorrow! Lets do it!

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Housenick says BJ likely , more than GK. Atleast we’ll get one of them.

LUHoops00
    Participant

You agree the above tweet seems positive though Rich? If I had choice of just one of the two….you know where I’m going!

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Yup, lets hope for both and a msssive mono attack for zBaylor.

BaylorHistory
    Participant

I really think some Lehigh players are going to be disappointed with the atmosphere. We only averaged 7,500 in our non con games last year and most of those weren’t during the workday.

LUHoops00
    Participant

Maybe the players will, but LU fans won’t be haha!

LU65
    Participant

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/66564/wooden-award-preseason-top-50-unveiled

More intrigue to this afternoon’s game down in Waco…………..CJ and Baylor’s Pierre Jackson have been added to Wooden preseason Top 50.

lehigh90
    Participant

Since Lehigh is used to playing OOC games at home in front of 750, a crowd of 7500 will be thrilling.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Housenick neither bj nor Gabe are going to play. CJ will score 50. I hope.

BaylorHistory
    Participant

Getting ready to leave for the Ferrell Center. Good luck after today and be sure to beat Lafayette by 40.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Game on Dish 416 ,453. Goox for me . Surprised but pleased.

Bison137
    Bison137
    Participant

Quote:  “Housenick neither bj nor Gabe are going to play.”

Are you going by Housenick’s latest tweet:  :  “Expect @bj_bailey, @GabeRoy42 to not play tonight for @LehighMBB at Baylor”?

If so, I wouldn’t necessarily assume they’re not playing.   To me, that just sounds like Housenick’s guess – and he’s often wrong.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.