game #1 – Monmouth

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football game #1 – Monmouth

This topic contains 47 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by van van 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)
  • Author

LehighGuy
    Participant

LOL Rich, i have seen NUMEROUS practices.Doubt everyone else sucked. Wilson did show flashes, we shall see if a man goes down if they put him in there. Only 4 true freshman on depth chart, dont really count the kicker :). But do we know if Geis, Butler and Redmon really sucked at safety. I know from practices and scrimmages the latter two dont. is geis being punished for his actions last yr?? hes not returning kicks this yr either. If hes on the team then put him back there, he definitely has a leg up on the fresh from learning the system last yr. I just didnt see anything he did in practice that would suggest he start over the other three, only time will tell, and we dont have that much time to experiment! Putting a fresh RB out there and putting a safety back there is two different games!

• This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by  LehighGuy.

objective observer
    Participant

IN FOOTBALL THERE IS A LOT OF PSYCHOLOGY!

PLAYERS NEED TO STEP UP AN PLAY!

van
    van
    Participant

could well be that Gies is not starting due to incident, if so would expect to see him get inserted at some time, also he is listed at only 175, not very big for a safety

as to Butler, he is listed as a LB, maybe not enough speed for safety?

van
    van
    Participant

was surprised about Mitchell ahead of Cavenas who is one of my favorites, but then they probably get the same # of snaps and Mitchell is the Sr

TMH
    Participant

I’ll guess that we are making too much of a deal on who starts. I think that Harvey (historically a LB) will get the snaps at Rover when the coaches anticipate a run…like the first play of the game but Lambert gets them when they anticipate pass. Mitchell is is built lower to the ground is there to eat up ground on running downs. Cavenas who is taller and faster will be there for a big push up the middle on passing downs. The defense just seems better situated for situational substitution this year…just my opinion.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Coach Roberts has not shown much inclination to rotate D line. Of course, that could have been more an issue of having the appropriate talent. He seems to have it now. Both Caslow and Cavenas emphasized the importance of the LBs and DL being in sync on every play.
    Rover going to be interesting. In a good way I think.
    Harvey a converted 230 lb ILB and Lambert a SS.Both are good tacklers whose main strength so far has been going forward. Blitzing with either of them will be a challenge for an O.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by RichH RichH.

just a fan
    Participant

Flat out missing the point. We can’t cover. We can’t cover. Our rovers can’t cover. But that’s enough doom and gloom. Let’s cheer the young lads on and pray for a victory.

P.S. Montgomery proved to be a starter but does not play 1 down I guarantee it. Smh!!

I WANT WINNERS!!!

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Kinda surprised at Casey at KR. Certainly qualified but dont like risking him at KR. Geis and Harris are good. Wonder if Harris is 100 %? Same with Kelsey. Admittedly he has game breaking speed , but I would rather not test our depth unnecessarily. Christiano an option here ?

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Since Montgomery is the nickel , he will get lots of downs on the field.
    Look I hope BL has that breakout season predicted for him.Q will be fine. It is the unit cohesion that is the issue. Communication of calls and everyone doing what the call requires. Players need to be able to trust that their guys are in the right positions.

just a fan
    Participant

Rich that’s why I don’t understand the shuffling around. We had cohesion with the safeties and QJ making the calls. Raye Redmond and Montgomery at the corners. Put BL at nickel to get him on the field. That maybe a better position for him. I guarantee Montgomery don’t touch the field especially at nickel. Remember they don’t have those packages don defense. The nickel is the ROVER

I WANT WINNERS!!!

just a fan
    Participant

No matter let’s be supportive. I really think we can get them. Oh and there leading receiver is a 5’8 cat. Our rovers have no chance with him on the inside.

I WANT WINNERS!!!

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Rover is also the OLB. We do run a nickel D with 5 DBs. How often? Guess that depends on how many 3rd and 11s. Paricularly vs teams that run 4 WR sets and have a good passer..

just a fan
    Participant

That’s the whole League Rich
    4 WR and a scat back. I’m with ya.

We will be fine. I feel it in my heart.

Nevertheless

I WANT WINNERS!!!

LehighGuy
    Participant

I agree with just a fan on BL. he gets toasted everday in practice. dont know what the coaches are so enamored about. no other CB could mess up like him n games and practices and have a job. give somebody else a chance, at least they would have a excuse for fooking up, he has none. i like QJ at the corner though. montgomery will play, redmond will not.

LehighGuy
    Participant

And Rich, i dont mind casey back there. we need some gamebreakers back there. we are DEEP at the wr position. our D gives up to many points not to have a threat at the KR position. Harris and Geis had all last yr and didnt do anything. redmond had our best kr last yr with a handful of returns.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.