game #1 – Monmouth

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football game #1 – Monmouth

This topic contains 47 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by van van 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • Author

LehighGuy
    Participant

My breakout player is Knott, i really love that kid. he is SO QUICK its a mismatch against anybody in practice and the league. we have to get him the ball more in open field. our O is already explosive, he would make us unstoppable!

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Totally agree on DK. He is uncoverable. Also, fragile. Fingers crossed :)
    Still dont like GC doing returns.
    I like Redmond but no more than Geis and Harris. Their stats are nearly identical.
    Harris 21.1 avg 50 long
    Geis. 20.50avg 39 ”
    M.R-R. 19.14. 56 ”

Doc Qb
    Participant

Couple observations heading into week #1:

It would be awesome to see Knott have a breakout year. He has had single digit catches each season (one, obviously limited by injury and reason for granting the fifth). Not sure he is uncoverable, though. Aside from 10 catches at JMU, he had single digit receptions across the other ten games, and there are four other guys who have a ton more catches. If he has an extra gear or quickness, Folmar needs to exploit the D and get him touches where he can show it, and that can be done with the slot position. If he has a big year and exceeds expectations, look out PL. If not, we have plenty of talent on the receiver corps. A position of strength.

I was at the steak fry. The kids are ready. They had a quiet confidence (or sleepiness from the meat sweats), and we are pretty healthy going in Saturday. There will likely be one D player who watches as a precaution. Somehow, they all seem BIGGER…when dressed at the springtime Alumni career nite, they did not seem as imposing. Out of street clothes in tshirts and tanks…VERY impressive. Had a nice talk with Shaf, great kid, you can see they want to hold back seeming too optimistic, but the feeling is they are on the verge of a special season is evident.

Time to put it all together, knock down game one, ruin Andy Talley’s swan song against us in his house, whip some smaaat kids from a few Ivies, and get a ring.

I have big white SUV and blue awning that will be in the football alum parking lot, steps from the Rust Pav, pls stop by for an adult beverage.

GO LEHIGH!

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Caslow has a broken hand. Out for MU. Likely back for Nova.Kauffman steps up.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by RichH RichH.
    Go Lehigh TU Owl
    Go Lehigh TU Owl
    Participant

Monmouth has some very good skill players that will test Lehigh. I’d argue their skill guys are better than Villanova’s. They have a second team All Big South RB (Monmouth’s 8th all time rusher and he’s only a junior), 1st team Big South WR and an experienced QB. They did however lose three OL.

They’re small on defense, very small. I don’t see anyway they stop Lehigh unless the Mountain Hawks kill themselves. Their front 7 goes 240, 275, 255, 235, 190, 245, 205.

I’d love to see Lehigh hold these guys under 30 and put up 40 plus. A 2011 type game is what I’m hoping for. The weather should be fine for the game.

NJLehighFan
    Participant

I hope game one is not an offensive shootout.
    Would much rather see some defensive stands and turnovers go our way. And that we have some long sustained drives to work out of the the whole offensive playbook
    But, I’ll certainly take any version of a win to avenge our last encounter with Monmouth.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Just a W. Boring no drama simple.
    An indication of life by the D..
    Dvneeds to see some success to build on going forward.

van
    van
    Participant

agree with Rich, best outcome is D makes stops, gets turnovers and builds some swagger

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

If D doesn’t hold Monmouth O to 30 or less, this will be a REALLY LONG season. I’m not worried about LU O.

I’m with Doc QB — this could be be a season to cherish for a long time if everyone stays healthy.

Wish I could be there.

LehighGuy
    Participant

I think D does give up 30. But O puts up 40 plus. W for LU

toddcudd
    Participant

31-13 good guys.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

FWIW
    Consensus is LU favored by 3-5 pts. Vegas line is creeping up.vWill check again later.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
    Go Lehigh TU Owl
    Participant

PL play starts tonight!

Lafayette @ CCSU 6 PM and Colgate @ Syracuse 7 PM

Is Lafayette in as much trouble as it seems? I don’t think Colgate has much of a chance to be competitive with the ‘Cuse. This will be similar to NC State-W&M last night imo….

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Gate will make a game of it at least for a while. A funky offense to defend. O has Melville and very good WRs. RBs are solid uf not spectacular. OL will hold up for a while. When it goes Hunt better sit Melville. Gate D is quite solid and looks to be more consistent than last year. Solid likely not enough tho.

lfnadmin
    Keymaster

Here’s your LFN fun pack for tomorrow:

Game Preview/Drink of the Week:

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2016/09/monmouth-at-lehigh-game-preview.html

Game Narratives/Media Roundup:

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2016/09/monmouth-at-lehigh-game-narratives.html

Game Breakdown/Fearless Prediction:

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2016/09/monmouth-at-lehigh-game-breakdown-and.html

Something to keep in mind is that I think before the last three Monmouth/Lehigh games, a shootout was expected, and reality was different. Wondering if that will also happen tomorrow.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.