Game 13 – Home vs. Bucknell

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball Game 13 – Home vs. Bucknell

This topic contains 14 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by jimk72 jimk72 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

lfnadmin
    Keymaster

Thought I’d kickstart the forum post on this one.

Game Notes

LU’s
    http://static.lehighsports.com/custompages/Game%20Notes/Men's%20Basketball/2017-18/24%20-%20Bucknell%20at%20Lehigh%20Notes%20020518.pdf?_ga=2.80308503.1861703688.1517780924-540625494.1358522514

Navy’s
    http://www.bucknellbison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPID=137628&DB_OEM_ID=32100&ATCLID=211695757

KenPom

Bucknell (17-8, 11-1) Ranked 110th
    @
    Lehigh (10-13, 5-7) Ranked 265th

PL Standings Overview

Lehigh (5-7) is in a 3-way tie for 6th with Holy Cross and Loyola. An upset victory over Bucknell would put them within striking distance of Army and Navy, both 6-6 in the league and tied for 4th in the conference standings, and would get them closer to a home postseason tournament game.

jimk72
    jimk72
    Participant

The Forum is back! I’ve been lost for LU news for days since the site went into hibernation.

Going to this tonight and hoping for the best. Bucky maybe due for a let down. I think we can actually win this if we can finally cut down on the turnovers and continue the better rebounding fight we had against Boston.

I assume everyone noticed Shane Acoveno had 12 minutes with 3 boards and 4 points Saturday in the huge team win against the Terriers. Has Doc ever given this kind of meaningful playing time to a walk on? Not likely the birth of a superstar but at least now we may have a healthy, serviceable 8 man rotation. We’ll need it tonight to have any chance against a loaded Bison.

And finally I heard C.S. is hurt again? How serious? And is this it for the poor kid?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by jimk72 jimk72.
    van
    van
    Participant

big question is LT back, and if so will our D suffer? D has been much better while he was out with injury, other guys have picked up scoring slack

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

No LT. Still hurt?? It does help our D tho :). Our perimeter is much more energetic and effective.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

One hell of a game. We didnt fade at the end.Impressive. Wish we had a better crowd.1100 definitely sparse .

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

One of biggest upsets in a long, long time. Great to see doc shaking things up, and two youngish guys lighting things up.

van
    van
    Participant

that zone that Doc has em playing has been very effective, gotta give props to Doc’s coaching, he is on top of things right now, and as to young guys, heck only Kahron is a SR, they are all young, LOL

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

You got it van.Plus Wilson and Cohen starting and KL ,LT coming off the bench. Genius. Notice we play D now and we dont fade in last 5 minutes.

lehigh90
    Participant

Very nice win. I had undersold Cohen on this Board, and glad to say I underestimated the kid. I thought he was no more than a strong backup PG, but he is playing really good basketball at the moment as a starter. Maybe our most effective player once he jumped to starter minutes. He should be a big factor the rest of the way this year and next year.

Always nice to beat Bucknell and read their whining about officials and biased announcers. Napoleon complex over there. Then their typical shots on Stabler, Reed and attendance. But, tonight Reed got the better of them as he has done many times over his tenure in their rivalry. He’s had some huge wins vs Bucknell over last several years.

jimk72
    jimk72
    Participant

A very special team win. Cohen flashy clutch scoring in among the Bucky bigs to go with 2 of the worst passes of the night. Pat Andree, perhaps his best overall game since coming to Lehigh in my opinion.

Karnick very physical underneath and continues to improve. If he learn’s to finish on offense he may be special. Stat’s won’t show it but he kept Nana from scoring at will. Zach Thomas however is an entirely different problem. 36 smooth points, 13 boards. And we still won.

Now please no let down at American.

travism
    travism
    Participant

Huge win. This team is making progress. Can’t have a let down vs American now. Wish we would have more fans there

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Getting to really dislike some Bison fans. Amidst the whining, an interesting comment about big men in the PL and the liklihood that Lehigh would be strong for the next several years. Karnik, Andree and Lynch would be pretty solid. No idea whether we’ll see Porter or Lieb next yearNow to beat AU and Gate.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Getting to really dislike some Bison fans. Amidst the whining, an interesting comment about big men in the PL and the liklihood that Lehigh would be strong for the next several years. Karnik, Andree and Lynch would be pretty solid. No idea whether we’ll see Porter or Lieb next yearNow to beat AU and Gate.

Bill
    Participant

Much has already been said but allow me to add six quick observations from my perch behind the bench……..

1. This team is spirited and having fun…..finally!
    2. This team has seemingly bought into “D” being every bit as important as “O”
    3. This team is extremely well-conditioned as evidence by their defensive hustle
    4. Doc had his team’s UNDIVIDED attention.
    5. With 3-point shooters the likes of LT (season .492) and PA (season .444) we were never really “out of this game.” More importantly, looking ahead, we may not be out of another game. These guys are for real.
    6. With FT shooters the likes of JC (season .905), PA (season ,875), and KL (season .833) we were never really out of this game. Ditto the comments made above about future games.

Finally, in my book this was simply a “Statement Game.” It puts on notice all – especially our friends out in Lewisburg – that March basketball may be a but more exciting that originally thought.

jimk72
    jimk72
    Participant

Still savoring this one. Went back to the archives and confirmed how one sided the Bucknell-Lehigh basketball rivalry was for a long time. Even as recently as the late ’90s. Bucknell won 21 games in a row from Jan 29 1992 thru Feb 16 2000. Since then pretty even. But our all time record against the Bison is still only 68-102 after this year’s split. Would love to see one more game this year, even though it would most likely be in Lewisburg.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.