Game 14: Muhlenberg

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball Game 14: Muhlenberg

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  LU65 11 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

LU65
    Participant

Game Notes

http://www.lehighsports.com/assets/1/workflow_staging/Sport/50820.PDF

MUHLENBERG MULES (8-4, 0-0 CENTENNIAL CONFERENCE)

Muhlenberg, a NCAA Division III school, participates in 22 intercollegiate sports and competes in the Centennial Conference as well as the Eastern College Athletic Conference. The college also has club teams in both ice hockey and women’s rugby union.

Both men’s and women’s teams exist for: basketball, cross country, golf, lacrosse, soccer, tennis, and track and field. In addition, there are men’s teams in baseball, football, and wrestling; women have teams for softball, field hockey and volleyball..

lehigh90
    Participant

I don’t usually read these reports in any depth, but do we put anything into the projected starting lineup listed, where SC is the new starter?  Also surprised to see BB listed as a walk-on.  I know that was discussed for quite awhile on this board over the last couple of years.

LU65
    Participant

BJ has been shown as a “walk-on” in every game this year.

Surprised also to see SC listed as a projected starter. Would have thought CS. Stefen, however, has been running “light” on minutes over the past two games (7 and 4). Don’t think we should read too much into it. I would expect, as previously posted, to see 12 guys with substantial court time.

gohawks63
    Participant

SC as a starter in place of CJ makes sense to me for a couple of reasons: his length and his 3 point shooting.  A three guard rotation makes sense for Lehigh under normal circumstances because CJ is 6’6 and he rebounds like he was 6’9. But, a lineup of MM, AD and CS (with an already undersized frontcourt of GK and HG) would be foolhardy.

Personally, I would go with MM, BJB SC/CS, GK and HG.

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Can anyone who was at the gamespeak to how Goldsborough played?  6 pts and 8 boards is a decent line (albeit against D3 comp), but 5 turnovers and 4 fouls.  Any elaboration would be appreciated.  What do we think his ceiling is?

LU65
    Participant

Quick Observations – from computer watch

Both CB and JG seemed at ease and relieved to be in a game “among equals.” No wide-eye looks. They showed determination and spunk under the basket and ran the floor well. Again, this was not VCU or for that matter even Fordham. Instead it was as billed – a D-III schedule filler. It turned out to be the perfect tonic. Each player got a shot of long overdue confidence.

CS is, as some would say, sick. Quick with his feet, hands that never seem to leave the ball, and on target passes – even no look feeds that catch recipients in perfect stride. 11 Assists to 1 Turnover. I don’t care if it came against Muhlenberg. The guy is the real deal and could/perhaps should supplant Mackey. 2 and 1/2 more years of enjoyment lie ahead. Coach, keep recruiting coach’s kids! You can’t go wrong.

Shocked and pleasantly surprised to see CB drop free throws with ease. Great form. 19 for 21 (.905 ytd).

AD – best point per minute player on the court last night. Continues to play over his height and exhibits both quickness and good anticipation which lead to 2 blocks and 3 steals. Perhaps his best game of the year.

Still concerned about BJ. Got the start in what I assume was a move to get him going. But, he hasn’t found his stroke – not last night (1 for 6) … not yet (4 games, 85 minutes, 2 for 14). He’s one dimensional now – 6 boards last night and averaging a rebound every 5.3 minutes on the court. For perspective, HG is 1 every 4.6 minutes and GK is 1 every 6.0 minutes. Short-handed as we are, we need BJB to be a two-way player and be that soon.

Now the fun begins. Oh yeah, Holy Cross beat us in Game One last year 84-78.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.