Game 16: Lafayette

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball Game 16: Lafayette

This topic contains 13 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Bison137 Bison137 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

LU65
    Participant

Game Notes

LU’s

http://www.lehighsports.com/custompages/Game%20Notes/Men's%20Basketball/2016-17/27%20-%20Lehigh%20at%20Lafayette%20notes%20021917.pdf

KenPom Rankings and Prediction

LU (15-11, 9-6) Ranked #117
    @
    LC (8-18, 4-11) Ranked #330
    LU wins by12 (81-69)

Before you put this on in the Win Column, remember it’s our arch-rival, Lafayette. The Leopards just knocked off American in what they, themselves, describe as an “all-around team performance with four double-figure scorers.” The win was their second in the last three attempts. The other came against Holy Cross and both W’s came at home.

OK, so we sit in 4th place can’t win the Regular Season League Championship, but we can still finish ahead of where we are today and gain momentum entering the League Tournament. The lofty #1 post escaped our grasp, thanks in great part to the 14 and 17 points thrashings to the mighty Terriers of Boston U. – a team that has won 6 of their last 7 and perhaps of 7 of their last 8 if able to set down the Bison tomorrow afternoon. Throw in that demoralizing 16 point loss to the gang dressed in purple last Sunday and maybe we should be happy we’re still alive for a first round bye. Winning our final three is certainly possible- almost probable if you consider our record at home and the fact that we’re going for season sweeps in each case. But, much has to happen – all out of our control – if we are to climb to up the ladder to #2 or #3. For those who still hold out hope, it starts today with an Army win over Navy down in Annapolis. Go Cadets!

van
    van
    Participant

zone D not a strength for Pards, this one should not be close, even in Easton

jimk72
    jimk72
    Participant

EEEE-GAD !!!! In Annapolis, Army comes back from 25 down with a little more than 12 minutes to go in the second half, and beats Navy 71-68. Perhaps the most incredible comeback, or collapse depending on your point of view, that I have ever seen. Army hit 10 straight buckets during the run.

Now can we continue to get our **** together tomorrow…?

• This reply was modified 7 years, 1 month ago by jimk72 jimk72.
    van
    van
    Participant

and BU and Bucky play tomorrow, with a win we move on game closer to one of them

hawktalker
    Participant

One of the most lopsided wins of the season. Maybe this team has turned a corner. Home games with Colgate and Army stand between LU and a better seed

van
    van
    Participant

hold serve in last 2 and #3 seed, not likely to get to #2 seed, BU would have to cave badly although they are on the road for their last 2

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

All showed uo again and all played D. TK intensity on D catching. MH starting to take his shots. JJ aint bad at all.

travism
    travism
    Participant

Very good solid TEAM win. Every guy did thier part. It felt good to blow them out. I believe that is our first “blowout”. 20 plus win. Could be wrong. Sat right behind bench was very cool. Guys were having fun. Have to take care of business now. Worry about us. Don’t look ahead or at other teams. Lehigh must win next two is all we need to know

LU65
    Participant

Thank you, Bucky.
    Thank you. Army.
    Go Mountain Hawks!

travism
    travism
    Participant

Did we want bucknell to beat Bu. I thought other way around

LU65
    Participant

Yup. We were never going to catch Bucky for 1st and with a Terriers loss we have a better chance to move up.

jimk72
    jimk72
    Participant

Great energy through out the game. Impressed with ball security and patience versus the 1-3-1 zone and all the other zone configurations Fran ran at us early. And we did not lose our way when we hit the cold spell from 3 mid-way through the first half. Complete domination.

That said, Lafayette is a bad team and they had a bad shooting day. We had a lot to do with that. Price, Cohen, and Ross took turns harassing Lindner through out the game. Once we bottled up their only serious scoring threat they were pretty much done on offense.

Very nice crowd showed up for the expected blowout, and from what I heard, attendance has been good all year despite the poor season. Hats off to the Lafayette faithful.

Final note; I walked in way early (10:50am). A couple of players from both teams in informal shoot around, and a few ushers batting the breeze. Walked up to an unattended table that had programs and looked for someone to ask the cost. Nearby a small kiosk had an attendant selling caps,etc. and an elderly gentleman sleepily passing the time of day. So I asked him the cost. He said: “Usually they’re free. But for you $10 !” He’d seen my Lehigh sweatshirt. And then I looked closer at whom I thought was a retiree. You guessed it. It was O’hanlon.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

:) Wow that is a classic. Great story.

Bison137
    Bison137
    Participant

[quote quote=30765]Did we want bucknell to beat Bu. I thought other way around

[/quote]

It depends on whether you would rather have played Bucknell in the tournament second round or Boston. With the Bucknell win, it looks like LU likely will be playing Boston.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.