Game 2: Robert Morris

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball Game 2: Robert Morris

This topic contains 19 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  lehigh90 11 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Looks like a nice W and total team effort.  Looking at the box, the concerning thing is the rebounding battle which LU lost 41-31.  Of 40 available rebounds after RMU misses (1 was a dead ball rebound), LU grabbed 24 and RMU grabbed 16.  Not a great percentage, especially against a really small team.

Really looking forward to the Pitt game tomorrow.  Another opportunity to make a big statement.  Hope Gabe feels better tomorrow than he did today, and doesn’t experience any soreness from whatever his injury is.

LUHoops00
    Participant

Nice win, nice well rounded effort, and nice bounce back off of Baylor loss..you learn something about a team off a loss, and clearly the boys were fired up.

From box score, couple quick impressions:

Nice to get GK back, very nice. CJ efficient effort. MM, nice ball game man with 15/7, and like when MM is getting to the line, that is when he is at his best when he fights like hell to get to the tin. Love that. Holden with 12/7.

Deadeye SC – love him looking for his, he is a weapon with that shot, love him taking 9 shots…why not, he should get open looks and he will knock them down…SC could be wildcard this year in a souped up offensive Hamiton type role aka get left alone and knock down some momo 3’s…just got to hope we can hide him defensively.

Bad – well SBum beat me to it, and it is not a surprise, but givnig up 16 offensive boards to that club is really not acceptable….they’re tiny, man that is not good at all.

CB/JG – need more from them, as we know, but we all got to be patient. CB has ability to rebound, just needs to get more experience, let us not forget he hasn’t reaally played in 2 years…JG, big upside, will take time..importantly, get them both minutes in non conference slate and hope they round into form for PL action.

Good win, just loaded up some yuengling in the fridge and set the dvr for tomorrow night…importantly, another opportunity at a BCS school on big stage…great learning experience regardless of the outcome….and certainly helps the schedule out….fired up for tomorrow night…really fired up…great night tonight…took care of our bizness.

LUHoops00
    Participant

Did you end up going 65? I hope you did.
    Anyone going tomorrow?

LU65
    Participant

As some of  you may know, I had planned to join BJ’s ‘Dad’ on the trip west to Pittsburgh, but upon news of his son’s return home I started my search for someone else to share ride (700 mile round trip)and expenses.  Many on the Board  responded but couldn’t  get away.  So, long story short, I listened like eveyone else and will be glued to the TV tonight.  Win or lose tonight, I’ll be on hand for the games next week.

lehigh90
    Participant

Great win.  Nothing to complain about with this one.  Love the balance in the offense.  Looks like we caught a break in OOC schedule, as Bobby Morris is not what we all expected.  Two blowout losses for them so far.  So, we are plus 1 to the good side with a big one on the horizon tonight.  I don’t know a ton about Pitt, but have to assume they are big.  I will be watching Lehigh/Pitt tonight and also following closely along to Bucknell/George Mason.  GMU coming off a road upset of Virginia, although Virginia looks to be the worst team in the ACC this season.  I give Bison the edge at home.

Two areas of concern for me:

1) Devon Carter – he was highly hyped coming out of high school in Ohio, and by some on this board (myself included).  Held a higher rating coming out of HS than CJ (for what that is worth).  I find it troubling that he is getting garbage minutes, and cannot break into the bench guard rotation of AD, SC, and CS.  I recall CJ coming off the bench his first few games as a freshman.  I remember going to see him play at Rider early in his freshman season, and although he came off the bench, it was obvious that when he got on the floor he was something special.  He was a force from day one.  With DC, albeit a tiny sample size, he is running 2-4 minutes of garbage time, and not putting up any stats at all.  This is an area of concern for me.  Can we project this guy as a real player in the post-CJ era?

2) Conroy Baltimore – back on the bench last night and only 12 minutes and 5 fouls.  What are we going to get out of CB this season?  He and to a lesser extent, JG, are going to have to play an important role on this team (like JM last season).  

Anybody have a scouting report on Pitt?  They did rip Fordham pretty good last night.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.