Game 29: Colgate

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball Game 29: Colgate

This topic contains 20 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by StablerBum StablerBum 11 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

hawktalker
    Participant

I’m afraid it goes down. I suspect a lot of tickets were bought this year before January 5th by
    people who wanted to see CJ play

LUHoops00
    Participant

Only two cents on attendance, it would have been much higher if the CJ show had gone on as planned.

Regarding next year, think it has to go down, but how far it goes down depends on how all our new bodies look and if we win games or not. IF we are winning we’ll draw okay I suspect, but if we lose big we’ll draw peanuts.

So much is going to change into next year, obviously CJ, Gabe, and Holden are gone. BJ appears to be gone. Reed could likely be gone. I hope Sterret has built up a short list, and perhaps Logie is the one guy who could keep this incoming class in tact as he knows how to sell LU better than anyone at this point.

lehigh90
    Participant

I know, personally, I attended more Lehigh games over the last 4 years than I did at any time since I was a student.  And, that is pretty due to CJ’s presence in the program.  To me, it was always worth the trip as he was usually going to do something special.  I realized in his 3rd college game at Rider that this was a once in a generation player.  He came off the bench that night in a hammer that Lehigh lost and scored about 20 , but as soon as he took off the warm ups and entered the game, you knew this was a very unique talent.  I remember driving home that night thinking to myself, how on earth did we land this kid.  He was a joy to watch.  So, I probably won’t go see the team play as much now that he is gone.

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Few thoughts:

1) Attendance will always partially come down to scheduling, and Lehigh never brings interesting opponents to Stabler.  The latest excuse has been that no one would play LU while CJ was still three.  Is there any truth to that?  Was VCU a two for one?  Very interested to see the schedule next year.  Hopefully with 4 more league games, there will be less emphasis on NEC teams, and we can totally get rid of D3’s.

2) on the subject of the possibility that this is Doc Reed’s last season, I for one, would be extremely excited if we got Logie were Reed to depart.  I think that replacement could very well end up being a push, if not an upgrade.  Let’s not forget that Logie was the lead recruiter on CJ, who was the player that changed the program.  Not saying that he will land another one, just that CJ is partially a feather in his cap.  If it turns out Reed leaves and we hire something else, that is obviously a total variable and I would be much more nervous.

3) I do think that the program is building, and even if next year’s young team isn’t great, I don’t think they will be terrible.  With the upgrades the PL has made bringing in BU and Loyola, and the momentum the program has, I think it is an exciting time to be an LU hoops fan.  At some point you would hope that the nearby community and students start to realize that this is a pretty good mid-major program.  Maybe some upgrades to Stabler would help generate some more excitment?

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Few thoughts:

1) Attendance will always partially come down to scheduling, and Lehigh never brings interesting opponents to Stabler.  The latest excuse has been that no one would play LU while CJ was still three.  Is there any truth to that?  Was VCU a two for one?  Very interested to see the schedule next year.  Hopefully with 4 more league games, there will be less emphasis on NEC teams, and we can totally get rid of D3’s.

2) on the subject of the possibility that this is Doc Reed’s last season, I for one, would be extremely excited if we got Logie were Reed to depart.  I think that replacement could very well end up being a push, if not an upgrade.  Let’s not forget that Logie was the lead recruiter on CJ, who was the player that changed the program.  Not saying that he will land another one, just that CJ is partially a feather in his cap.  If it turns out Reed leaves and we hire something else, that is obviously a total variable and I would be much more nervous.

3) I do think that the program is building, and even if next year’s young team isn’t great, I don’t think they will be terrible.  With the upgrades the PL has made bringing in BU and Loyola, and the momentum the program has, I think it is an exciting time to be an LU hoops fan.  At some point you would hope that the nearby community and students start to realize that this is a pretty good mid-major program.  Maybe some upgrades to Stabler would help generate some more excitment?

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Few thoughts:

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.