Game 3: Princeton

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball Game 3: Princeton

This topic contains 31 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  TMH 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author

LU65
    Participant

Game Notes

Lehigh’s

http://www.lehighsports.com/custompages/Game%20Notes/Men's%20Basketball/2016-17/3%20-%20Lehigh%20vs.%20Princeton%20Notes%20112016.pdf

Princeton’s

We await

KenPom Rankings and Prediction

Princeton (0-1) #43 (down from 38th)
    @
    Lehigh (0-2) #128 (down from #124)
    Princeton wins 78-73

toddcudd
    Participant

Decent crowd in the house, win. Show up, Lehigh. This one is meaningful, IMO.

LU65
    Participant

Couldn’t agree more, todd.

Highlights and Post Game Video of Princeton’s Game 1 Loss to BYU

As you might expect from a Princeton team, you saw good ball movement, disciplined play from 4 senior forwards, balanced scoring (four in double-figures…just like last year), and a squad – led by 6’1” Guard Devin Cannady – that on this particular night – showed love for the 3-ball. In fact, 35 of their 72 attempts were from behind the arc with Cannady himself tossing up 10 and hitting 4 – a bit below his impressive .456 mark of a year ago. That said, The Tigers couldn’t stop BYU’s 6’10” forward Eric Mika who had 26 points and 18 boards. In fact, Princeton was out-rebounded 52-37 and was limited to just 12 second chance points – all facets of the game that I’m sure caught the eyes of Tim, Matt and Pat over the past two days.

I’m expecting Lehigh to come of the gate strong and earn its 9th home-opener in the last 11 years. After two disappointing setbacks (could you image being 2-0 with w’s over Xavier and Yale?!), this is one we need. We don’t want to be known as the best 0-3 squad in the nation.

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

[quote quote=29459]Decent crowd in the house, win. Show up, Lehigh. This one is meaningful, IMO.
    [/quote]

I wouldn’t put too much added pressure on this one. They “showed up” the first two games, but couldn’t close it out against two good teams on the road. Unfortunate yes, but neither were bad efforts, and both were right in line with expectations.

Obviously if this team wants to be great, they need to start winning games instead of just playing pretty well. Don’t forget though that Princeton is very good, and probably pissed off about losing to BYU. Princeton is big, physical, and well coached – and probably the best OOC opponent to visit Stabler in the last 5 years (maybe longer?). It will be a tough game. Hope Lehigh can pull it off.

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Just double checked. This is the highest rated (KenPom) OOC opponent to visit Stabler as far back as his records go (2002). Princeton is #43 this year. Yale was #47 last year. Only other top 100 OOC team I saw was St. Joe’s in 2009 @ #98.

So this is the best home OOC game Lehigh has hosted in at least 15 years. A win would be tremendous.

toddcudd
    Participant

“Show up” was more about crowd than the team. If we want to have a competitive team, we need to start acting like it. I believe that we can beat Princeton. A real home-court advantage would help.

jimk72
    jimk72
    Participant

I’ll be in the house. Anyone else of forum regulars?

toddcudd
    Participant

Don’t make me start drivin’, ya bastads!!!

travism
    travism
    Participant

I’ll be there. I been saying this for years Todd. I’m glad they are doing the free ticket to kids who have been in camps in the past. Need to start doing things to bring people in. Something tells me. It won’t be an impressive student section tomorrow. Party night after football game. Besides seems like kids only come out to certain games which kinda stinks. No reason that section shouldn’t have a good turnout for games

TMH
    Participant

I too should be there.

LU65
    Participant

I’ll be there, of courose. See ya!

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Uphill battle without Ross, but Cohen is holding his own impressively thus far.

LU808
    LU808
    Participant

Great win over Ken Prom #48 Princeton team…likely Ivy Champion!

van
    van
    Participant

looks like we have yet another outstanding point guard, very poised for a frosh

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Great win. JC quite impressive. TK ruled the game and our shooters hit.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.