Game 3: Princeton

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball Game 3: Princeton

This topic contains 31 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  TMH 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    travism
    travism
    Participant

Good game. Don’t mind me but I’m going to jump all over the place here. Thought we started out very well. Good to see Jordan fill in the way he did. From what I saw Ross didn’t seem to look very good. He has a big brace on his leg. A guy near me said he heard a week? Who knows. Timmy played well as usual. I wish they would go inside more to him but. Defense fell asleep later in game but then powered up a few mins of good ball. Hey bill. Saw timmys dad in front of you ha. You guys chat at all. Overall boys. Good win. I’ll take it. Hope karon is ok. Also lieb injury looms like a Holba situation from last year. But we will see as far as that goes ..

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Really nice win and very impressed by Cohen. Austin was pretty quiet most of the night but was huge the last 8 minutes.

Looks like Alston is still working his way back into shape.

Getting Lieb healthy to have another legit 5 man even for just a few minutes here and there would be pretty huge. Agree with Travis though that it is reminiscent of Holba. Hope he hits the court this year.

Princeton missed a bunch of layups, but without Ross and with some questionable officiating I thought it was a great effort.

TMH
    Participant

Kind of a shock seeing 4 players in suits and ties. Finally realized one was Tejada. I hadn’t heard about an injury to Ross but since is leg was straight out while sitting, it might be a knee. Lieb is still in a boot which was a bit disappointing. What is the issue with Sedore? Did radio cover any of this.
    I was really high on JCII when I followed hime last year but he may have one of the nicest shots on the team. He played at a really mature level at PG. If and when Ross does come back, I hope to see him on the floor a lot.
    Tim has really stepped up his game this year. He had 3 or 4 blocks and several nice assists in addition to his scoring. I thought he much more aggresive on the boards too, especially early. After the fouls, he needed to pull back a bit.

jimk72
    jimk72
    Participant

Spectacular first start for JC2. Can he duplicate if/when called on again? Based on everything I read about his HS senior year, I think he is the real deal.

Hawks (nee Engineers) clamped down on Tigers when they had to. Did not let this one get away. Late Princeton missed layups were heavily contested in most cases. Absolutely agree that getting healthy Lieb would be a big help. If TK gets in foul trouble we are not completely defenseless underneath with Holba and Andree, but it would be a big drop off.

Bad news (unconfirmed, but a reliable source) is that Sedore has serious damage to the other knee, and is likely done for the year.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

So many guys in suits troublesome. Think we will need Sedore and/or Lieb to spell TK particularly as season wears on.

TMH
    A bit off topuc :)
    Whats up with Minotti?

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Damn thats tough for Sedore. Hope it doesnt become a McCarthy situation.

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Sedore out for the year was confirmed before Yale game:

Lehigh M. Basketball ‏@LehighMBB
    As heard on tonight’s @ESPNLV pregame show, Caleb Sedore recently tore his ACL and will miss this season. We wish him a speedy recovery.

TMH
    Participant

Rich,
    I would not be surprised to see Mitch make his debut vs Penn State (no inside information). Right now, I suspect they want to keep him near 100% for the tournaments. It’s no secret that his body has taken a beating over the last 4 years.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Thanks. Hope it works.

LU65
    Participant

Kahron Who?
    Don’t get me wrong, we want KR back and sooner than later. I’m hearing knee sprain so hopefully we won’t have to wait long. But have not fear, JC – with his mouth guard hanging out much of the time (new signature look?) – goes 7 for 8 from the field, 3 for 3 from the line, dishes out 6 assists and doesn’t break a sweat in 39 minutes. It was like he’d done this before. And, with good health, we’ll have a chance to see him do it over and over again for the next 3+ years. That said, KR, get well soon. You’re still the league’s best PG. But, we may have seen a glimpse of the second best. Oh yeah, I wonder if Jordan got a look from Princeton. After all, he graduated Cum Laude and owned a 4.5 GPA.

AP…Like I said following Yale, don’t worry. A 4 for 6 night (14 pts.) and 5 boards is what I expected and the man delivered.

TK…A bull who couldn’t be stopped (24 pts…including 2 from deep, 8 for 9 from the line, 11 D-broads and 3 shots batted away). And, as any good captain would, he was found cheering-on this teammates time and again throughout the game. Yeah Travis, it was fun to sit behind a proud Pop, TK Sr., who knows the game so well. PS. He’d make a good referee, too.

BA…After a strong opening night against Xavier, seen hesitant and inconsistent over the past two games (1 for 8 over 47 minutes). Maybe it’s nothing but still worth watching. This is an entirely new look team from the one he once knew.

PA…Continues to show his range. Only player to strike from 3 in each game. Also, team’s 2nd leading rebounder. What a find! Another proud Pop on hand in Section 3 to see him deliver.

“D” – Held Princeton to 41% shooting and 33.3% from 3. Our best showing of the year.

KenPom……with our win, we jump to 111 from 126 and Princeton drops to 50 from 43. Look for Princeton to take it out on Lafayette Wednesday night. 0 and 2 a couple days ago, we held the distinction of being the best 0 and 2 team in America. Princeton now lays claim to it.

jimk72
    jimk72
    Participant

And completing the home opener experience: Beautiful new games clocks & modern video/message boards !!!

TMH
    Participant

Good sports weekend for Lehigh.
    1.)Men’s and women’s swimming both crushed Lafayette on Friday.
    2.)Wrestling crushed #21 Pitt on Friday night
    3.)Lehigh wins the Rivalry #152 game on Saturday
    4.)Women’s basketball beats Sacred Heart later that day
    5.)Wrestling beats Edinboro Saturday night
    6.)Men’s basketball beats Ivy favorite Princeton on Sunday

Life is good.

toddcudd
    Participant

How was the turnout for the Princeton game? Impossible to tell from the live stream, due to camera location.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

1388 announced crowd

toddcudd
    Participant

Eh, up a bit from this time last year, but not great. Helped by a promo for campers, I believe. Day after Leh-Laf probably doesn’t help with student turnout.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.