Game 6: Sacred Heart

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball Game 6: Sacred Heart

This topic contains 21 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  SoV 11 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

LU65
    Participant

GAME NOTES
    http://www.lehighsports.com/assets/1/workflow_staging/Sport/50532.PDF

KenPom’s National Rankings and Chances of Winning
    LU (3-2) 78th
    SH (2-2) 211th
    LU Wins 77-72 (87% chance)

Variances of Note (national rankings)

Tempo
    LU 69.4 (50th)
    SH 66.8 (165th)

Offensive Rebounds
    LU 28.5% (255th)
    SH 40.1% (46th)

Offensive Efficiency (Points per 100 possessions – adjust for quality of defenses)
    LU 108.9 (35th)
    SH 101.3 (143rd)

3Pt. Shooting Percentage
    LU 41.5% (29th)
    SH 28.6% (272nd)

Word is that NBA scouts will be there to see CJ and perhaps the best player in the NEC, RSr 2G Shane Gibson. Thru 4 games, Gibson is averaging a team high 15.0ppg and 3.8rpg. His backcourt mate is So PG Phil Gaetano dishes out 6.8 apg. Should be fun to watch the PL’s best backcourt duo go head-to-head with the NEC’s best in Gibson and Gaetano.

Tip is at 2 o’clock on Sunday. Who can make it? While it’s the Pioneers home opener, there should be plenty of good seats available. The team drew an average of 729 fans to their games last year. Should make Lehigh feel right at home.

LUHoops00
    Participant

I was so pissed to learn this was sunday after thanksgiving, because it means there is no way I’m venturing on I95 traffic down to CT for this one. So frustrated, side note, anyone going to the Q on Tuesday night?

LU65
    Participant

00 – I’m banking on the traffic being not too bad for the mid-day Sunday game. I’ll drive up from North Jersey but unable (family commitments) to be there on Tuesday when we face a far tougher test in Hamden (Quinnipiac). Any chance of you getting down for that game? Need first hand reports.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Did anyone notice? BJ is back and starting. YES.

LUHoops00
    Participant

65 – You’ll be okay from north jers, but no way I’m risking getting back up to NE at 430 on Sunday, maybe I need to get braver! I am likely a go for Tuesday night.

Rich – Where did you see that? I had read on twitter about a bike test but heard no results? Only place I saw him listed as starter was on the game notes on lehighsports.com, but they have had him listed as a starter for every game so far. I am praying you’re right, I just haven’t been able to find it at all.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Being optimistic. Did catch a mention he was heading back to campus. Rooting that he is suiting uo.

norcalfan
    Participant

It would be a game changer with him in the flow. He has a tendency to set the tempo, much like Adams did when he entered the game. The best to him and the team.

LU65
    Participant

BJ hasd been cleared to play. But, not expected to see action for another week. (Highly reliable source)

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Great news. Thanks 65. Now to win today.

lfnadmin
    Keymaster

Don’t forget you can stream the game for free through NEC Front Row:

http://www.necfrontrow.com/webcast.php/SHU-492/

You have to register, but it’s well worth it – not only for the price, but you also get the Quinnipiac (11/27) and St. Francis PA (12/8) games as well.

LUHoops00
    Participant

65 is seeing a treat, 49 at the half, CJ and Gabe solid as usual, dead eye with 3 catch n shoot 3’s by my count. CS with a nice half off the bench, came in and get in the lane and set guys up…

LUHoops00
    Participant

Would love to see goldy play about 5 of the last 10 minutes here in this blowout of a game.

LUHoops00
    Participant

Would not hurt to get number 4 in either…

LUHoops00
    Participant

no clue why AD needs to still be in this game..

LU65
    Participant

00 and 90 – you guys from the NE can appreicate this……….I turned around at the Tappan Zee Bridge and returned home. Traffic was a nitemare. Was probably going to worse coming back after the game. Did like you and other fans did, I imagine, watched the game on NEC Network. Tired of the behind the basket video but all in all an awesome performance. Will make the Tuesday night game @ Quinnipiac. Figure a 1:45min. drive. Worth it!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.