Game 8: Stony Brook

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball Game 8: Stony Brook

This topic contains 28 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by van van 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

This is a veteran team playing like freshmen. So many mental lapses. The balance we had vs X has evaporated. AP not shooting well or playing smart.
    The post game will be interesting. Hope Doc figures these guys out.

TMH
    Participant

Biggest stat line for me is that our bench provided ZERO points and 6 turnovers.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Good grief.
    Dont recall who said it but serms true. AP playscwell we win otherwise no.

lehigh90
    Participant

Horrible

lehigh90
    Participant

I like BA and have been a big supporter, but 0 points in 21 minutes and 1 shot attempt. What happened to his aggressiveness?

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

AP not looking to shoot either. Are we so Tim centric now that guys reluctant to take theirbshots.

TMH
    Participant

Naaah. This has nothing to do with Tim. AP has the 2nd lowest shooting % of the 8 with a lot of PT, just slightly ahead of Andree. He may be struggling with that a bit. Worth noting…he took 7 shots tonight, all of them were 3s.

Why did we lose this game?…very simple. We turned the ball over 19 times to Stony Brook’s 8 and we got no production from the bench. The talent is there however and we just need to catch fire like last year.

jimk72
    jimk72
    Participant

As mentioned above, turnovers were 19 to 8. They took 60 shots. We took 44. Fairly simple math.

gohawks63
    Participant

Seemed like every time our guys tried to get into the paint there was an offensive foul or turnover. Any time Stony Brook attacked they got a good shoot or a defensive foul (often at the end of the clock). You might say the officiating was unbalanced in this regard but I think our guys were just pressing and out of control. I do think their zone had us flummoxed (everyone except Tim) …

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

This one was bad, and I disagree with the sentiment that Lehigh played well defensively. Stony Brook is a bad offensive team (ranked #334 out of 351 in effective FG%). Lehigh can’t take credit for the fact that Stony Brook is a really poor shooting team, and likely would have blown out by a better offensive group.

Instead Lehigh managed to lose a game in which the other team shot less than 32%(!!) by turning the ball over, and giving up 13 offensive rebounds. It’s tough to win on the road and we all know that, but this game and Arkansas State are starting to make me reset expectations.

Right now, this team looks more like an above average Patriot League team rather than anything exceptional.

travism
    travism
    Participant

I noticed as well the one ref last night in the game. The short young guy also was the ref at home opener. He was horrible in that game calling offensive foul after offensive foul on Lehigh. Fans were not happy with him. I see he called a few again on them last night. Hope we don’t have him often ha. But yea after thinking about it. No excuses. We shouldn’t lose that game. Not a team with our exp. our defense wasn’t that good. I take that back. Better get moving. Everyone notice how well buck is pkaying. We aren’t a top two team as of now

Bison137
    Bison137
    Participant

[quote quote=29924]I noticed as well the one ref last night in the game. The short young guy also was the ref at home opener. He was horrible in that game calling offensive foul after offensive foul on Lehigh. Fans were not happy with him. I see he called a few again on them last night. Hope we don’t have him often ha.

[/quote]

That ref’s name is Brandon Cruz. Not only has he done the two games you mention, but he also refereed the LU-Yale game. Very unusual to see the same ref three times in 19 games. He has reffed mostly in the MAAC, AE, and NEC in the past – rarely in the PL. This is his 9th season as a D1 ref. Gets a fair number of assignments.

gohawks63
    Participant

Granted our guys were playing offense like headless chickens; but the difference in the number of drives to the lane that resulted in offensive fouls – us v. them – was remarkable.

And again, second line rotation to the ball, rim protection – was very weak ..

• This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by  gohawks63.
    van
    van
    Participant

a little divergence since we all are concentrating on the many negatives from this game, TK was a monster

7-12, 4-5 from 3pt, 9-11 from the line and 9 rebounds in only 26 minutes, we we could get all five playing with his intensity, wow!

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.