Game so far

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football Game so far

This topic contains 27 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  toddcudd 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

[quote quote=28016]Rich,
    To put it more in perspective, Pitt scored 42 on Penn State today.

[/quote]
    I was starting to type that as my next point. Realized that the crepe hangers would start banging their same drums. Really have had enough.
    Be back for Penn game.

lehighfootballfan67
    Participant

Offense glimmers of what we expected but line still struggling a bit to get run game established. Once they did, passing opened up and OC called the high percentage slants to build momentum.

FbPhan
    Participant

Too many missed tackles throughout entire game. Things need to change on D if we are ever going to win. Not sure DC has a clue
    Glad to see knotts and micco get some plays on offense but would like to see Mayes get to see some action. Let’s face it Nova didn’t have an incredible O. Starting to really worry about this D when it comes to Fordham and Colgate. (Did I mention missed tackles?)

darkmeat69
    Participant

Tough L for sure

hawkineer
    hawkineer
    Participant

[quote quote=28018]

Rich,

I was starting to type that as my next point. Realized that the crepe hangers would start banging their same drums. Really have had enough.
    Be back for Penn game.

[/quote]
    Disappointed that you decided to deride posters on this board that have a right to be frustrated in another loss in a very winnable game. If the highlights of this program are moral victories, then its aspiration are not set high enough.

Here is a quote to consider:
    “The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.”
    an optimist can be as misguided as “crepe hangers”. Perhaps a few posters on this board would like to see the university take a realistic assessment as to the state of the program.

Have a nice week.

van
    van
    Participant

[quote quote=28016]Rich,

[/quote]

not hanging the L on Shaf, team takes the loss, but when game was on the line he made 3 bad throws

LehighGuy
    Participant

This game isn’t on shaf even though he missed some throws like the long to pass. It’s all on the D. Nova will lose a lot n fall out of top 25. Their o isn’t good. Our d gave up 500yds rushing, pathetic. Sad we never adjusted. Ran at 17 all day again, every one will. Missed tackles all day, the D coaches don’t have a clue. Biggest play of game, 4th n 1 on 2yd line and we still run 3 lineman, pure comedy.where was lambert n kaufman? We need changes on D with kids that can tackle.500yds rushing!

toddcudd
    Participant

Bit of perspective – go back and look at our own predictions. We out performed them. Could only listen, but heard plenty of good stuff: WRs got the ball in their hands to make plays, and Dom got back on track. Still feels like we need to threaten deep more – but hard to say with no eyes on it.
    Biggest question, for me, to those who saw it: did we adjust better to their attack on the edges? Seemed to hear a lot of sweeps and passes into the flats.
    Agree that moral victories are BS – but it sounded like BIG improvements over last week. True?

Go Lehigh TU Owl
    Go Lehigh TU Owl
    Participant

[quote quote=28036]Bit of perspective – go back and look at our own predictions. We out performed them. Could only listen, but heard plenty of good stuff: WRs got the ball in their hands to make plays, and Dom got back on track. Still feels like we need to threaten deep more – but hard to say with no eyes on it.
    Biggest question, for me, to those who saw it: did we adjust better to their attack on the edges? Seemed to hear a lot of sweeps and passes into the flats.
    Agree that moral victories are BS – but it sounded like BIG improvements over last week. True?

[/quote]

I watched the entire thing…

I thought the game pretty much went to script. Lehigh put forth a solid performance but in the end it wasn’t good enough. The defense has improved in a PPG department through the first games but it’s still extremely shaky. Villanova is so-so on offense but still shredded the defense for 396 yards rushing. Their QB completed 6 passes for 56 yards.

The offense had its moments. Bragalone and TP were excellent imo. The OL in general played well too. Shaf was solid but once again rather unspectacular. That INT near the goal line was terrible and he missed badly on a couple throws. The miss on Casey on the deep fly out hurts. Casey had he guy beat by 3-5 yards. He was efficient with those quick slants and had some nice runs.

Penn is up next. There’s a good chance the Quakers are better than Villanova this year imo. Lehigh be the underdog again next week and rightfully so. I haven’t seen anything through two games that leads me to believe they’re ready to step up and win. Dating back to Colgate last year Lehigh has lost 3 out 4 games where they failed to get it done the last few minutes of the game.

The league in general did not have a good day. 0-3 against the CAA and a Bucknell loss to NEC Duquesne.

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

Read it and weep …

Today’s key numbers: 396 and 452.

They’re consistent with what we’ve seen in recent years: That’s how many rushing yards and total yards D gave up today.

Last week we were ranked 62nd of 109 FCS teams in defense. This week we gave up more yards, so we’re likely to drop.

Embarrassing. How many more games/seasons will this be allowed to continue?

Our final rankings past three seasons:

2013: 93, 436.9
    2014: 112, 474.9
    2015: 106, 451.3

And we expect to be a winning team? Yeah, maybe vs. Fordham and Colgate, two PL teams worse than us — but whose offenses are pretty darn good.

Shaf’s a hard-nosed football player, the kind of teammate you want on your team. LU has seen better QBs, and some worse.

Mayes has a cannon and proved last year what he was capable of. He has a high ceiling.

They have different strengths.

Good coaches take advantage of all their weapons.

When will LU coaches take advantage of all weapons and not only win a game, but put a team on the field each week that executes WINNING football consistently?

just a fan
    Participant

This is hard to say but I wouldn’t blame the defense. Pick your poison run or pass. They didn’t run at #17 all day long. There runs were to short side of the field. Quinton had to miss 7 tackles out there and our safeties got ran over every time. I zeroed in on the secondary. They actually played a good game. The problem was #17 was engaging and the LBs was not scrapping down. Rover holds outside leverage for the LBs to come flow to the ball. Watch the game. There guards was getting to our LBs and they couldn’t shake loose. The pass defense was horrible. Our best LB MADE 1 play and got ate up all day. We had to miss 20 first tackles. Give Mayes a few series and we will be fine in league play. I can see it coming.

just a fan
    Participant

I meant to say our pass defense looks better and better. I think you guys would agree. Lambert not playing for a reason. Probably not healthy.

toddcudd
    Participant

[quote quote=28040]Yeah, maybe vs. Fordham and Colgate, two PL teams worse than us — but whose offenses are pretty darn good.
    [/quote]

LOLwut? You picked the 2 favorites in the PL as “worse than us”? I think crossports has an opening for you. You looking for an ACC bid for LU? Just stop…

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.