Georgetown

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football Georgetown

This topic contains 42 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  Lehigh74 3 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • Author

Lehigh74
    Participant

It was a nice win but more importantly, does anyone know how Nick T is? It was pretty scary to see him lying there and get carried off the field with no apparent movement in his body. Maybe I don’t understand football etiquette, but I thought it was a disgrace that Coen didn’t walk over to Nick, like every single Lehigh player, to lend support. Also, someone needs to explain to me how he could fail to mention this incident in his post game interview.

hawkineer
    hawkineer
    Participant

Offense was terrific. Troy was uncoverable. Running backs were beasts. Mayes actually made plays with his legs. They discovered the TE after 6 games.

Defense still stinks. Thirty-five points to an offensively challenged GU is unacceptable. DBs have no ability to play the ball likely accounting for the lack of INTs. Still give up too many big plays. If this team loses another game, it will be because of this Achilles heel.

hawkineer
    hawkineer
    Participant

[quote quote=32498]It was a nice win but more importantly, does anyone know how Nick T is? It was pretty scary to see him lying there and get carried off the field with no apparent movement in his body. Maybe I don’t understand football etiquette, but I thought it was a disgrace that Coen didn’t walk over to Nick, like every single Lehigh player, to lend support. Also, someone needs to explain to me how he could fail to mention this incident in his post game interview.

[/quote]
    He did talk about the injury on his radio interview. He seemed genuinely concerned.

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

Lots of good, accurate comments by you guys.

Loved the Mayes scrambles/runs!

Hope Nick T is OK, too. He had been really flying around making plays the past two weeks at least.

Our O was spot on against a mediocre D.

Our D has two benchmarks based on an analysis I did of past games this season. Its benchmarks for GT game:

Total defense:
    Benchmark target: 417 yards; gave up: 395

My personal score prediction based on this (I could not bring myself to think LU could give up more than 31 against this team):
    LU 48, GT 31

Actual:
    LU 54 (I did not do benchmarks for LU O)
    GT 35

To me, this proves LU D played at about its seasonal average — shaky/awful. But a few stops and an outstanding O wins the game.

Miller
    Participant

Holding a team under 100 yards rushing, 1-12 on third downs, with 3 starting Dbs out was very good. Take away the bomb and the scrub TD at the end and I thought the D played well. Our O is extremely good especially when we stay balanced. We are 2-0 in conference and that’s as good as you can be. Enjoy the week off but I’m sure someone will even bitch about that

Chopper
    Participant

GOLD HELMETS 0-5
    WHITE HELMETS 2-0

van
    van
    Participant

I think the D is better with #20 at LB, and still think #5 is way to small to be a safety, bigger receivers manhandling him even when he is usually in good position

LOL, Bibbens listed at 6′ in roster, must have been wearing heels

hoping the best for Nick T and a speedy recovery for Gatlin also

hawktalker
    Participant

Saturday’s win was a good one. We’ve got momentum heading into the bye and are tied for first in the league.
    We have probably the best offense in the league, among the best in all of FCS football.
    Our defense is improving. What concerns me is special teams. Our kickoff coverage is horrendous. We need touchbacks. I hope 36 returns to full time kicking soon

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by  hawktalker.

richb-1
    Participant

Very shortly after Nick T was injured when just 2-3 trainers were there, he contracted, then re-extended each leg. A lot of fans seemed concerned that it took so long to get him on to a stretcher, and for the stretcher to be loaded n the second ambulance. Actually, my very humble EMT triage training and experience says that potential spinal injury, with no other signs or symptoms, is a fairly low transport priority.

But talking of DBs (I have only been to two games) what is the story with McCloskey. Don’t remember a Junior Co-captain in football and add that he is not suited up????

just a fan
    Participant

I agree I thought it was horrible that he didn’t even go over there to show his support, he’s loosing touch with football, I notice he takes the head set off his head when the play starts, he’s just a figure head at this point them boys deserve better than that, far as kickoff the coverage is bad but its from the inability of the kicker to put the ball in the end zone, its almost a line drive and short kick every time that gives the kick team a running start with the ball, not really the coverage no hang time allowing them to get down field

just a fan
    Participant

I have yet to notice #5 get man handled, he was leading team in tackles for about 4 games, he’s playing single high safety, if anything he looks like the quarterback back there, the frosh got beat a few times in man 2 man but thats football, I just don’t see any of them getting man handled back there in coverage, a few good plays by receivers but again thats football, why was he moved from CB to safety anyway???

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

McCloskey injured.

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

The defense played much better this week and with more energy. They caused a number of three and outs and punts. One TD by Hoyas was due to 70 yd KO return set up, the bomb was ‘one of those things’ that happens at times. and the last TD was in garbage time against #3’s. Holding their run game to under 100 was good, considering most was QB scrambles. Give some credit to Georgetown receivers making some excellent catches with our DBs on them. Their QB only a freshman could be a force in the future if they can surround him with quality. Doubt Mish will do KO’s. Nice he can punt and do FGs again. Austin needs to keep doing the line drive bouncers. That can give receivers trouble. His ‘normal’ ko’s are not deep enough and give returners a head of steam. The line drive/squibs can have better effect.

Constant Lehigh
    Participant

When Nick was injured all the players went out to see him while the Coach spent that whole time discussing his penalty with the refs…everyone in the stands noticed this. He should be treating the players as if they were his own kids. The Coach should have been one of the first ones running out on the field to see his status. I don’t recall him ever getting to him before he was carted away…but may be wrong. Disgusting.

van
    van
    Participant

Georgetown QB Gunther listed as So on their roster, transfer from Arizona, Norris a Jr

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.