Gerogetown – The Time Has Come

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football Gerogetown – The Time Has Come

This topic contains 12 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by RichH RichH 14 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

LU65
    Participant

The time has come to put up or shut up. The math is simple, beat G’town and share first place in the PL with HC, CU, LC, and BU – all @ 1-0. Lose and drop hopelessly out of the race – a campaign some would argue we were ever in to begin with. A defeat at the hands of G’t would more importantly drop Lehigh out of the minds of many who have followed this team for years. I’ll hang in but I’m afraid many won’t. I lived thru worse back in the 60’s when Coach Colley went 5-21-1 in my sophomore thru senior years. I was there to witness the famous 6-6 tie in the 100th version of "The Game" – my last as an undergraduate. I saw the best in coaching my freshman year with Bill Leckonby at the helm and suffered unmercifully thru the worse watching Coach C. destroy tradition the rest of my time on South Mountain. This 2009 season brings back those terrible memories.

As for Georgetown, here are the relevant Game. Apparently Lum gets the start under Center.
    http://www.lehighsports.com/assets/spor … 101009.pdf

For those willing to make a friendly wager, here are the numbers:

Sagarin Numbers as of 10/6/09

Patriot League (21st ranked conference)

138 Holy Cross AA = 56.91 4 0
    142 Colgate AA = 56.43 5 0
    146 Lafayette AA = 55.84 3 1
    200 Lehigh AA = 42.05 0 4
    219 Fordham AA = 37.80 1 3
    222 Bucknell AA = 36.51 3 2
    235 Georgetown AA = 29.60 0 5

Ivy League (19th ranked conference)

137 Harvard AA = 56.93 2 1
    167 Pennsylvania AA = 51.38 1 2
    169 Cornell AA = 51.14 2 1
    170 Brown AA = 50.93 1 2
    174 Columbia AA = 49.50 2 1
    188 Yale AA = 45.54 1 2
    204 Dartmouth AA = 41.69 0 3
    209 Princeton AA = 40.47 1 2

Independent League (27th and last ranked conference)

198 Bryant AA = 42.45 3 1

Colgate -13 @ Princeton
    Georgetown +15 1/2 @ Lehigh
    Bucknell +18 @ Penn
    Holy Cross -3 @ Brown
    Bryant – 1 1/2 @ Fordham
    Columbia + 9 1/2 @ Lafayette

Notes:

245 D-I teams ranked
    Spread determined by adding three points to the home team’s numerical rating

lfnadmin
    Keymaster

This points out how idiotic Sagarin ratings are at times. 2-1 Harvard is ranked ahead of 4-0 Holy Cross, yet Holy Cross beat Harvard head-to-head. Perhaps, though, it’s hard to judge: HC and Harvard’s other opponents have one win between them (Brown’s win over URI).

colorless-raider
    Participant

This has been a tough yeqar for Lehigh so far, but there is NO WAY they lose to the Hoyas. :mrgreen:

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Thanks Raider,right back atcha for this week anyway. ;)

There aren’t any probable ways we can lose but there are ways. D has to show up again this week. GU has shown decent D in the 1st half of games, thereafter not so much. Kempf has shown ability otherthan that they realyy dont do much on O at all. HopeLum can have a calm game to get comfortable. It would be nice to put the game away early and get some time for Clark also. Walker ? That kid has had no luck at all injuries from his senior year in HS. Good to get him some time and back into game shape. Just saw media lunch with Walker, still not 100% but will play.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Brickner and Winnett are out for the year :cry:

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Game notes for GU

Surprised how young this team has gotten from the preseason 2deep

O now has only 3 srs on 2 deep 2 starters, OL , where I thought we had nice depth only lists 8

D 4 sr starters , 6 jrs and 1 so , 2nd has 3 srs, 2 jr and 6 so

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Game time, and to put GU back on top of the Board until Chuck deletes him.

Final 27- 10 for us . Yes , Neighbor every game matters regardless of how frustrated we may be with Coaches. :!:

LU65
    Participant

I’m stuck down here in D.C. on family reunion weekend. Will be the guy touring the Capitol with headset tuned into Hoyas AM radio outlet. Any reader know the channel? We limit turnovers to two and go onto an easy 31-10 win on Saturday. Mountain Hawks will sit atop the league (with plenty of company) by 4pm.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

65, GU site only lists All access ( computer) for radio. GU maybe on campus set up only. Lets see what we can get on AGS

LU65
    Participant

Thanks, Rich. I’ll follow the response and action on AGS.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

What I meant , posted a game thread on AGS and asked Hoyas to give info on any radio for you.

NO, no radio outlet :(

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

In all my years following Lehigh, I cannot remember a more important game in terms of potential impact on the program. It’s downright scary…. :shock:

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Been driving myself crazy this morning , MUST win. Will Lum swing too far back and fear taking any chances? Will a worn out D take the day off? I do not want to be the "best " 0-5 team. Scary is certainly the word for today. :shock:

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.