getting close

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football getting close

Tagged: 

This topic contains 27 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by RichH RichH 8 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Andy noted the same concept. He expects serious competition at every spot even K/P slots.
    Interesting comment on Nick being 100% healthy for the first time since he got on campus. Caslow also noted all the pisition work D players put in over the summer.

TMH
    Participant

Anyone going to the steak fry?

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Rushing thru Fall camp,eh? :-) if W OK,we’ll be down for the last 2 weeks. If not,I’ll be down for the last week.

TMH
    Participant

LOL…not necessarily. I have the registration sitting right in fronT to me. Just wondering if anyone else will be there.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Hehehe…couldn’t resist. Guessing ngineer wil be going also. LG is local also.

TMH
    Participant

I will put my screen tame on my name tag. If anyone would like to say hello, please do.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Gee, kinda thought we could make it like a scavenger hunt :-).Oh,well.

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

Not sure if I’m plugged up and grouchy because I’ve not commented here in a while, but a preseason ranking of fifth is a slap in the face — a slap in the face that should be a wakeup call to every coach, player and administrator.

It’s time to put up or get out of the way, especially if you’re getting paid to coach or play.

Sadly, IMHO, this scholarship thing — even partials — has pushed LU into a university that could understand mediocrity, but never accepted it, to one that needs a return on investment. No way should an LU football team finish fifth.

If I were a player or coach I’d be offended by the fifth-place prediction and be motivated to prove the prognosticators wrong.

If there are coaches who can’t figure out how to succeed, we’ve got to find new ones. If there are players who can’t tackle or cover their peers, complete mid- and long-range passes, catch them, or block according to schemes, other kids need to get a shot.

Should we win PL this year? No way. Fordham’s had a big head start and should win this year and maybe next. But to be behind the others? Preseason? Fine. End of year, simply not acceptable.

Do I sound like LehighGuy?

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

LOL, Think you left in the dust with that post. He’s actually pretty positive now. Pretty sure we all get that feeling. Certainly looking at players’comments the team has a chip on their shoulder coming into this year. Haven’t seen that in a while.

NJLehighFan
    Participant

31 incoming freshman will have a big impact. Every position will be challenged. Even the guys that are preseason All-Patriot league can’t live on last year but have to take leadership roles and work hardest. In the scholarship era, Lehigh is attracting good numbers of all-state athletes that can take the field pretty quickly and have an impact if coaches use them properly. Pelletier is an example from last year and more are coming with this class. Yes, competition is good, and having 1/3 of the team new stock and talent rich should produce very favorable overall results.

LehighGuy
    Participant

LOL, im trying to be positive now. At least until the first couple of games :). After that if I dont see improvement or new faces……(in my arnold voice)….I’ll be BACK! P.S. we some emojis on this site…..https://www.google.com/search?q=emojis&espv=2&biw=1680&bih=949&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0CDwQ7AlqFQoTCKuXnfzxkccCFcfRgAodr8gEjg

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Optimistic? Last 2 years have dampehed mine a bit. O should be very good. Injuries? Frosh RBs?Folmar? D avery large ? I look at players and feel we have to be better. All the pieces are there to be better. Last couple of years that wasn’t true. Have we finally gotten over losing Coach K?
    Expect OOC will be a roller coaster as D adjusts to new system. We open PL with BU and FU. That is our season. Personnally ,I want revenge on Yale and Pards.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Well its settled. We got 8 votes in the Coaches Poll. One less than Bucknell. A winning ssason a done deal :)

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.