Grades

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football Grades

This topic contains 12 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by hawkineer hawkineer 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

TheCobbler
    Participant

A lot of thought/opinions about Saturday. I guess that’s what this board is for. Since we’re giving out grades, here are my grades:

SundayamQB – B – solid observations

TMH – B – solid observations. Would have been a B+ but I’m not sure what your talking about when you say “body tackles”? That’s how you are supposed to tackle, chest to chest. Devine was strong but LU needs to be careful next week. UNH will go after punts given the multiple snap issues against JMU.

Chipwho – C – Not sure what your are talking about settling for FG? It looked to me like they were trying to score a TD at the end. Are you saying they should have gone for it on 4th & 4?

Lehigh74 – D – The discussion about 4-3/3-4 is pointless. Even though LU personnel is listed as 3-4, they are in a 4 down defense a large number of snaps. Just because #35 is standing up, doesn’t mean it’s a 3-4. They put their DE in the B gap quite a bit which makes it the same as a 4-3…really a 4-2-5 against teams in spread formations.

RichH – B- – Would have been a B but you got sucked into the 4-3/3-4 discussion.

LehighGuy – F – Play the scholarship guys? You mean like Leaks, Ripanti, Caslow and Quinten Jones who all played on Sat? How many practices have you been at to see how anyone is performing? I’ve got news for you, the coaches are going to play the best guys regardless of year, scholarship, etc. Their jobs depend on putting the best guys out there!

Hawkineer – F – see previous post about this moron.

• This topic was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by  TheCobbler.
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

A first,lol. Fun read. Agreeing with opinions,posts not too important to me. Free discussion by us all is. No matter how apt or perhaps annoying, everyone must have the chance to speak their mind and,of course get hammered or not by others:).

LehighGuy
    Participant

LOL..The Cobbler…seen you were the biggest MORON on here, ive read some of your older post…but anyway. Yes play more of the scholarship kids, they cant do any worse than the “best” guys out there, especially on D. Yeah you named ALOT of guys, and Jones played about two plays….lol. When I say scholarship kids i really mean skilled guys, the speed is the difference when comparing the Jr. and Srs…..see Shafinski,Caslow,Leaks and Ripanti. JMU speed killed Lehigh. Most of the Patriot teams have went to the Sophs and Freshman instead of the veteran kids, I wonder why? Now get more of the younger LBs and DBs in their along with the receivers and Lehigh will be in business. Your grade is an F for trying to discredit everyones OPINION.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

LG
    Over reacting does little to help your position. No one dusagrees with getting best players on the field and we all want to see the schollie guys to actually learn how good they are and perhaps will be. You assume ,however,that they are now better than the players on the field merely because they are on scholarship. I also hope they are better but trust the staff to determine that right now.

TMH
    Participant

Let’s play nice.
    1.)To clarify, there are some backs where it is not recommended to tackle high. IMHO, spinners fall into that category. Most wrestlers will tell you that it is far better to drop to the legs or go for the legs where you can wrap easier.
    2.)I don’t separate players based on whether they have a scholarship or not. Lum, Bialkowski, Spadola, Kurfis were non schollie players that you would take back in a heartbeat. Pandy had a rough day, Leaks made some terrible return decisions in the corner of the end zone. They are schollie veterans. I saw a # of freshmen on the field. They will increase perhaps as they adjust to the speed of the game and a new system. Have patience. I saw a lot of potential out there if we cut down on the mistakes.

LehighGuy
    Participant

Rich, didn’t say they were better, but faster. And they can make the same mistakes upperclassmen can, but maybe the speed difference can overcome the mistakes. Play the best players no doubt. I imagine Coen and staff gave upperclassmen the nod, but with the dropped passes and missed tackles……how long? Not overreacting, having fun! I’m excited about the team knowing we should have won. I personally thought we’d lose by 2tds. Lehigh dB’s n lbs will have hands full with UNH. Lets hope its a good game. After UNH I like our chances with everyone else. Changes will come after this UNH game.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Well expect changes tomorrow for UNH. Bunch of dings. Who makes the trip will tell a bit on how coaches rate fhe 3s at various spots.
    Quote me at your own peril :).That speedier fr or so can make same errors as an upperclassmen a given but does not preclude them from making more and other mistakes as well. I dearly want these guys up on 2 deep,but when thet are ready not just because I am not happy with the players already there.

LehighGuy
    Participant

How many kids make traveling squad? 3 deep at every position?

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

No,not usually. 46 for 2 deep and Ks. Extra DBs and OL,RB.and wherever staff sees need either due to injury or performance.Perhaps some clues as to their thinking. Particularly interested in which fr,so get to go.

LehighGuy
    Participant

What is Ks? And 2 deep is 44 right? So a guess would be about 55-60?

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

K. Pandy and Devine

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

Thanks for the B, TheCobbler. I feel like I aced the test with your comments.

I hope I can find the game somewhere to watch on Saturday; everyone’s been pretty vocal this week. Been fun.

My early week gut tells me we could have some pissed off folks on Sunday. UNH home record has to be amazing; at least we’re playing there early in year (as opposed the tundra in November).

hawkineer
    hawkineer
    Participant

I guess the key to getting a high grade is to drink the shoe maker’s aka peach pie’s Kool-Aid. It’s a friggin’ message board. I’ll continue to express MY opinion, not regurgitate your cheerleading crap. However, I won’t stoop to your level with the name calling. Your the one in desperate need of a happy pill, shoe maker.

I will strive to continue to pursue Ds and Fs from AKA peach pie as the year goes on. Keep um coming.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.