Hate Gate Week

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football Hate Gate Week

This topic contains 93 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  NJLehighFan 8 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 94 total)
  • Author
    LUHawker
    LUHawker
    Participant

If Andy starts Shaf and we lose (and perhaps only sporadically uses Mayes), I think it only reinforces some of the concerns about coaching. Our D is banged up and we’ll need to out-score our opponents on O and I think we’ve got bigger play potential with Mayes.

Perhaps Andy has a spectacular game plan cooked up, but I think a strategy to play keep away and have a low-scoring affair doesn’t play to our advantage.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

I tend to agree Hawker. A Hobson’s choice at QB. Guess it boils down to trying to predict whether a frosh phenom can play again at the same level. If he can,the choice is obvious. Caveat tho is the Gate D is the best PL D by a large margin. Not as dominant az Gate fans believe.,but very good. Gate front 7 very good albeit light. They run a lot of creative blitz packages. A necessity as their 2 ndary is shaky. Our OL has played very well over the ladt 4 games. It has meshed into a very effective unit. Even so,I would expect a bunch of holding penalties against their speed rushers with a stationary QB pass attack.
    The key tomortow,IMO, which team makes the fewest mistaks. To me that includes D playing for all 4 quarters. A feat we have not yet accomplished. Gate has the same issue with complete games.

van
    van
    Participant

with the weather (wind), Shaf may be the best option, as has been said many times here, it is really up to the D whether we win or not, gotta stop Melville

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Current forecast ,upper 30s,wind NW to SE at 20-30mph. Overcast early,clearing to sunny skies.

LUHawker
    LUHawker
    Participant

I’d be happy seeing both Nick and Brad, so if that is in the cards, it will imperative for Coen and Folmar to make sure they’ve got the right guy on the field at the right time. What I hope not to see is Andy being stubborn about keeping Nick in there if the situation warrants Brad (and vice-versa to be fair).

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Andyand Drew have done well with putting right players on the field. In game its Folmar’s call. Andy does not micromanage his staff.

lfnadmin
    Keymaster

A thought. Think Shaf will be a teensy bit motivated this weekend?

LUHawker
    LUHawker
    Participant

[quote=23561]A thought. Think Shaf will be a teensy bit motivated this weekend?

[/quote]

Yes, and I worry that he may try to do too much. He seems like a very level-headed guy so I’m hoping he’ll play within his strengths and not try to do things outside his comfort zone.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

:) Without doubt,motivared. He has to be the best Shaf,not just competing with Brad for #1. Hawker ,well said

LUHawker
    LUHawker
    Participant

I haven’t been this excited for a game in a while in terms of what’s on the line.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Its been a while. W has banished me to the den (door closed) for the game. I get a bit loud,I’m told,during games :))

Miller
    Participant

This game could solidify ones job or cost them the job, I’am I talking a coaches decision to play a kid or how well he plays. Its easy to see the future…..sometimes hard to except. Mediocre or very good? Go Lehigh

Go Lehigh TU Owl
    Go Lehigh TU Owl
    Participant

Tomorrow is going to be interesting! I think the wind is going wreak havoc on the game. Gusts over 30+ at place whipping across Andy Kerr will be brutal. The kicking game will be a real treat. Punting into the wind could result in some interesting 4th down/field position calls. How the two staffs handle it might dictate the winner.

I plan on getting there fairly close to game time. It’s not going to be a day to take in the Hamilton historic sites. I’m sure there are plenty of good tee times available at Seven Oaks.

lfnadmin
    Keymaster

Updated weather report out of Hamilton is that the snow showers are supposed to end by Saturday morning. Gametime should be 38 degrees with gusts of wind up to 20 mph.

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

I think one of Andy’s primary considerations is that Nick has ‘been there’ before, having lead the team to a win at Andy Kerr in 2013, as well as having a more experienced hand start off in such a big game, rather than starting with Brad. Having him get familiar with the way the game is flowing rather than having him start is a good move. IF Nick was not able to go, then you have to go with Brad; but under the circumstances, you have to trust Coen and Folmar to know who they this is best suited to start and when to make any switch up to change up ‘gate’s D.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 94 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.