Helmets

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football Helmets

This topic contains 19 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  LUPhillyPhan 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

wilson. Stuff the snark. Concussions are a serious issue. Glib conclusions w/o useful accurate info is useless. ngineer’s point is merely that a good portion of concussions are minor requiring just a few days care. Medium degree can require anywhere up to a couple of weeks depending on the person. Serious concussions can range from weeks to career ending depending on depth and any history of prior incidents. None of the 11 were diagnosed as serious. Protocols are mandated and followed.
    In sum more care and research are necessary but I doubt incidence of concussions is markedly higher than when I played. As ngineer noted , the difference now is they are recognized, publicized and treated.

richb-1
    Participant

Lots of difference in concussions. Due to Hippa, I won’t mention names.

A Lehigh wrestler had had 2 concussions in HS. After winning his only 3 bouts at LU, he suffered a third concussion, and it was decided his career was over.

A Rider wrestler, with a very strong family tradition with the Broncs, returned to their lineup in his fifth year, after 12 concussions.

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

ICYMI on NFL concussion study … some interesting stats.

Time to limit Air Lehigh? I don’t think so, but …

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2017/11/09/cornerbacks-suffer-most-concussions-according-nfl-report/849749001/

Miller
    Participant

More concussion awareness and media hype is what we are seeing today. Most of kids evaluated with concussions today would have been sent back on the field as little as 10 years ago with no hesitation. Is there an answer? Flag football anyone? ;)

LUPhillyPhan
    Participant

Did Lehigh get helmets checked here? It is in Easton?

https://www.athleticbusiness.com/civil-actions/company-charged-with-failure-to-test-refurbished-football-helmets.html

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by  LUPhillyPhan.
    • This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by  LUPhillyPhan.
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.