Holy Cross – Game #14

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball Holy Cross – Game #14

This topic contains 38 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by van van 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author

LU65
    Participant

Game Notes

LU’s

http://www.lehighsports.com/custompages/Game%20Notes/Men's%20Basketball/2016-17/25%20-%20Lehigh%20at%20Holy%20Cross%20notes%20021217.pdf

HC’s

http://www.goholycross.com/fls/33100/sports/m-basketball/2016-2017/lehigh17b.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=33100

KenPom Rankings and Prediction

LU (14-10, 8-5) Ranked #113
    @
    HC (12-14, 6-7) Ranked #221)
    LU wins by 3 (66-63)
    CBS Sports Network @ Noon (EST)

Other PL Game 14’s

Saturday

Loyola @ BU …. BU by 7
    LC @ Navy….Navy by 16
    AU @ AWP…. AWP by 9

Monday

CU @ Bucky….Bucky by 15

van
    van
    Participant

one question, can we not turn it over against the zone?

jimk72
    jimk72
    Participant

So often this year we’ve become impatient against the zone, leading to reckless attacks to the basket. Particularly by KR. Or forced passes into TK. Or the total cluster&$@#$#@ against the press in the Boston game. Its maddening to me because the coaches have to know all this. They have to be preaching ball security and ball movement to out flank the zone or the press.

Hopefully Sunday noon we’ll see (CBS SportsNet!) continuation of the composed play from Wednesday. And the beginning of a big run.

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

Team really needs to play with discipline. “On paper” they should win easily as well as the League. However, they have not played with focus all year and seem to think they can just win on talent. Hopefully, they have learned by now and start a run into the third week of March.

travism
    travism
    Participant

Need to go inside. To many threes. Husek can’t stop Tim. They play great defense but surprised again we are not prepared for it. How many times do we need to see this

lehigh90
    Participant

Ugh, we look terrible through 10 minutes. Still no clue how to attack zone. This has loss written all over it.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

So far we have no answer to a zone again. Geez. D decent but looks like we left it in the locker room at half.

travism
    travism
    Participant

How many rimes does Reed need to see this zone to figure out something. 3 times last year. Two times now this year. Unreal. Glad I am not the only person who realized tim needs touches. Went like four possessions in row he didn’t even get ball. That’s on Reed to get the ball to him. Has tk be calling for it

lehigh90
    Participant

This might be the worst offensive performance I have ever seen. Reed is an awful x and o coach. Most talent in league every year and can never cash it in. Coaching stinks. He needs to go.

jackjohnson819
    Participant

Humiliated on national television by one of the worst teams in the country?

Wow. Kids are gutless.

ccsmiles5
    Participant

This was another National TV embarrassing performance. No clue how to beat a zone. That’s on the Coaches! Again! Only way to beat any zone is thru the middle. Coaching 101. Watch Holy Cross. Flash different guys thru the middle. And/or run high post and other guy short corner. Overload a side. That’s how to beat a zone. We start w/ 4 guys outside passing it around then chucking a 3pt. Great if they go in. No clue from veteran guys how or where the weaknesses are in the zone. Every zone has them.

travism
    travism
    Participant

Nobody ever wants to call Reed out. But it’s time they do. He never makes adjustments. His x and o s are very poor. Four years with Tim and get to the dance one time. Not to mention every year we have no bench. And a few guys who can’t even play at all. Pretty sad. Where has matt been? Pat only camps out behind line the whole game. No energy from anyone but Tim ever. Did Ross and price play today ????

travism
    travism
    Participant

More turnovers then made baskets lol

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Total embarrassment. On Doc and staff. Does anyone coach during the game. Our sole scheme chucking 3s.

ccsmiles5
    Participant

But do not let the players off the hook. If my teammate just got T’d up on what should have been a foul it would have pissed me off and lit a fire under me. Instead the next 2 mins HC goes on a run! Not us! Literally pushes us around, takes the ball out of our hands and scores at will. That is NOT on the Coaches! This team has no leadership! Absolutely no intestinal fortitude, i.e. Toughness! Guts! That’s on the players.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.