Is CJ an NBA All-Star?

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball Is CJ an NBA All-Star?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by sundayamqb sundayamqb 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

lehigh90
    Participant

Through 29 games, CJ sits at 20.1 ppg, and in the Top 20 in NBA scoring. Is he an All-Star? Not many 2 guards, other than Curry (who is really a 1) better than him at the moment.

TMH
    Participant

Interesting point. By far, the best SG in basketball is James Harden but after that it’s a pretty big drop with most of the better ones in the NBA East. Right now, CJ and Klay Thompson are neck and neck for #2 in the West. CJ has an edge in scoring, assists and steals. Thompson is shooting the ball a bit better. Thompson has the rep though and his team is on fire. CJ certainly #2/3 in the West.
    Just my opinion.

lehigh90
    Participant

Yes, Harden best although he takes a ton of shots and shoots it barely at 40%, worse than CJ. I think CJ has a little more to his game than Thompson, who is primarily a stand still jump shooter. CJ will probably get passed over as he is on a pretty bad team and Lilliard will make it.

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

CJ is scoring well, and I love that our guy is having success at the next level – but he is nowhere near an all-star right now.

Don’t forget the all star team is not a real roster and there are guards like Russell Westbrook, Chris Paul, Eric Bledsoe, Tony Parker, etc. in addition to Curry, Thompson, Harden, and Lillard. Not to mention that going deeper into the stats and looking at efficiency take some of the shine off CJ’s numbers.

lehigh90
    Participant

We all know it’s a sham with the fan voting, which is why Kobe will be on there. And a guy like DRose voted on, when he misses half the games. Actually, the rosters do mirror real rosters. Look at last year’s rosters, both teams have about 3 centers, 3 PF’s, 3 SF’s, and 3 SG’s and 3 PG’s, give or take on how you classify certain guys. Tony Parker’s numbers are really bad (13 and 5). Bledsoe is certainly deserving. I don’t think anybody really looking at efficiency in picking those rosters. It’s about putting the ball in the basket, no matter how many shots go up.

toddcudd
    Participant

It’s definitely a reputation contest, for the starters at least. I think CJ might have a shot as a reserve; that’s usually a more legitimate process, I think.

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

Not sure CJ’s an all-star yet, being second-highest scorer on last place team.

That said, he is awfully fun to watch. Does great things with and without the ball.

If he can keep healthy, he will one day be an all-star.

lehigh90
    Participant

He couldn’t go last night, 2 sprained ankles. No CJ or Lillard last night.

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

lehigh90
    Participant

I love that CJ has no tattoos.

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.