James Madison

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football James Madison

This topic contains 50 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by RichH RichH 8 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)
  • Author

hawktalker
    Participant

It’s time to turn the page. JMU put up 50 points, 700+ yards of offense and had three 100 yard rushers against Moorhead State. Is LU’s defense up to the task?

van
    van
    Participant

they have many weapons, playing at home, can only hope to slow them down and maybe get a turnover somewhere

Hawkineer2
    Participant

It is not impossible for a LU team to beat a program like JMU’s. Look at previous wins over Delaware, Richmond, Western Illinois, Towson, etc. Then we had a multiple offense and a high reliance on a dynamic passing attack that opened up the running game and put points on the board early.
    Now….it will be quite challenging unless a broader offensive arsenal is deployed and the defense has a strong game.

van
    van
    Participant

D will be challenged, I watched some of JMU-Morehead and they have a lot of speed and size, Morehead not much of a challenge though

just a fan
    Participant

All hands on deck this weekend fans, parents, Alumni, we need EVERYONE on the field…..

hawktalker
    Participant

Any word on Lambert’s status? He’s a key part of the new defensive scheme and left the CCSU game with an injury. His back-up doesn’t have much game experience

van
    van
    Participant

Lambert one of my favorites, hope it is not serious

LehighGuy
    Participant

Lu players know the have a shot, one play away from winning last yr if the DE made that pick. LU in a upset, were better than last yr!

LehighGuy
    Participant

If lambert hurt, Lawson will take his place, he’s faster. I’m calling it now….upset in the making!

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Lambert had an MRI on Sat. Haven’t heard yet. He seems to think he’ll be OK. Duffy may be back but more likely Penn. TP is fine.
    JMU tough game anywhere. Key is limiting Lee’s runs. Think we’ll give them a game. A W would be a major upset.

toddcudd
    Participant

This is as close as LU will get to me this year; I’m thinking of making the trip up. For those doing the trip – anybody staying overnight? Wondering if I should just drive home, or share a few silver goblets with friends…

Go Lehigh TU Owl
    Go Lehigh TU Owl
    Participant

I’m making the trip down Saturday morning. I have a hotel booked in Winchester, VA for Saturday night. My goal is to be back at the hotel in time to catch most of the Temple-Cincinnati game. I’ll be in the upper deck assuming my ticket actually shows up. I ordered it a month ago. They said they mail them out 10 days before kickoff. If it doesn’t come tomorrow their box office is getting a phone call.

I didn’t realize that Notre Dame is playing UVA in Charlottesville on Saturday. I wish I could teleport between stadiums. If nothing else, there might be a little added volume on 81 South Saturday.

toddcudd
    Participant

Good deal! Are tickets a challenge? I was assuming that getting one wouldn’t be a problem…

Go Lehigh TU Owl
    Go Lehigh TU Owl
    Participant

According to a JMU fan it doesn’t appear the game is going to sellout. Still, if you’re definitive about going I would just order tickets online. They allow you to pick your own seat. You can also do the print from home deal via the JMU website. I got greedy and wanted the actual stub to add to my collection. Hopefully it’s not lost in the mail.

I’m just hopeful for a competitive game and a quality experience. I’ve been fortunate to visit some top places; NDSU, Montana, Montana State and Delaware. I can’t wait to see what JMU has to offer. The campus looks great! Perhaps JMU alum Lindsey Czarniak will be there….

just a fan
    Participant

Aite LG lets go. I’m drinking the kool-aid,,, ALL IN!!

JMU had a beautiful stadium and awsome facilities. There football bldg is top notch for FCS

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.