James Madison

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football James Madison

This topic contains 50 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by RichH RichH 8 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

ccoding to bookue line.we ar 21 pt dogs to U

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

2 Game notes up. Lambert out. Barrett in. OHara at OT.Duffy back as is TP. Githens at FS.Lawson backing him and Jones.

van
    van
    Participant

very nice interview with Coach Withers, incitefull

http://www.jmusports.com/news/2015/9/7/2015luncheon-week2.aspx

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

A must watch. Very intetesting to get hus perspective.

LehighGuy
    Participant

Good interview. Seems as though jmu already know to keep shaf contained. Shut him down, and down goes the O. Hope we have a better game called by th OC, and not be so predictable. I like the fact that he tries to play the young guys to get them some game exp. I wish we would have done that last yr. Seems like the O does a good job of playing the young guys, the D not so much. And thats the side that needs it.

van
    van
    Participant

seems young guys got reps on O out of necessity (RBs and TP getting nicked) not sure about Ruhl-Paulsen O’Hara starting at tackle this week, Sweeney nicked?

on D not so much last week but maybe this week due to fast pace that JMU plays, need to keep guys fresh if they run 100 snaps

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Sweeney #2at both T spots. Cohen in for Tennant..

van
    van
    Participant

for those of you with time on your hands and want to know more about JMU, this is the link to the JMU-Morehead archive

http://portal.stretchinternet.com/jmu/portal.htm?eventId=221451&streamType=video

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

Good interview by Withers. We definitely have their attention from last year’s game, and he certainly is expecting a challenge. D scheme for Lee will be critical. “Controlled” pressure from the front 7 will be essential. Last week we had several shots at significant TFL’s only to run by the QB or RB. I almost feel we will have to pass early to set up the run. Both aspects will be essential. Gotta keep them guessing with balance. Go Lehigh!

Doc Qb
    Participant

JMU was a different team at the end of the season as compared to who we played out of the chute. They now have a year under their belt with their new staff, a FBS transfer at QB who is the real deal, and they always have loads of speed. On paper, I think it could be ugly.

But, game is NEVER played on paper. After the team and staff get over the big stadium and band, its football. We were toe to toe with them last year, and each guy needs to focus on that…players can have career days, and so can the COACHES. We need that here, especially from the coaches. Thats how we won these games in the past. Putting it all together, mistake free ball, focus, and a game plan that grooves on the stuff they havent seen on film is the goal. Thats all coaching, putting the kids in a position to win. Only that will keep the game close because they unfortunately have more talent at this time.

We’ll learn a lot about ourselves here…mostly, our staff. We have some horses, they need to let them run.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

[quote=21620]JMU was a different team at the end of the season as compared to who we played out of the chute. They now have a year under their belt with their new staff, a FBS transfer at QB who is the real deal, and they always have loads of speed. On paper, I think it could be ugly.

But, game is NEVER played on paper. After the team and staff get over the big stadium and band, its football. We were toe to toe with them last year, and each guy needs to focus on that…players can have career days, and so can the COACHES. We need that here, especially from the coaches. Thats how we won these games in the past. Putting it all together, mistake free ball, focus, and a game plan that grooves on the stuff they havent seen on film is the goal. Thats all coaching, putting the kids in a position to win. Only that will keep the game close because they unfortunately have more talent at this time.

We’ll learn a lot about ourselves here…mostly, our staff. We have some horses, they need to let them run.

[/quote]
    +1. Kind of a litmus test for us. A W would be nice but almost as important to me is how we compete. Next ,how well has staff prepared team to compete effectively. What is Folmar’s plan?
    CCSU answered some questions,expect we’ll get more on Sat.

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

Lehigh has a good record of “playing up” in these kind of games. Much like Liberty a few years ago, going into a very adversarial atmosphere may actually help a lot of the players focus more on the job at hand. There is a path to victory, but it is a very narrow one that will not allow significant slips or deviations.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Agree. Think players are capable of playing up. Question is whether staff is also.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

TP unlikely for JMU,Duffy day to day,Lambert out.

lfnadmin
    Keymaster

That “doubtful” status for Dr. Pelletier has me torn. Normally I’d be glum about it but WR Gatlin Casey did such an excellent job sliding into his role I think Lehigh should be alright there.

The biggest loss IMO is Lambert. We’ll have to see how Barrett and Lawson are able to take over that position.

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2015/09/game-preview-lehigh-at-james-madison.html

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.