Kansas – Why not us….Why not now?

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball Kansas – Why not us….Why not now?

This topic contains 21 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Hawk07 14 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

I forsee a game plan similar to what Army did to us. Drain the clock and hope like hell our perimeter shooters are "one". 50% trey shooting would be nice. We certainly can’t run with KU. And we certainly can’t "pound it inside" with their size. Just let ‘er rip!!

LTLhawk
    Participant

Jayhawk fan here. I think the world of the schools in the Patriot League (I have a good friend who went to Bucknell), and Jayhawk fans certainly know that good Patriot League teams can beat us. (Our hated rival – Missouri – loves to remind us of the Bucknell game and many of them wear Bucknell shirts to KU games). I obviously want and cautiously expect KU to win, but just thought I’d stop by to offer my congratulations on behalf of Jayhawk Nation to the Lehigh team and its fans on making the tourney. I’d wish you luck, too, but that wouldn’t be sincere! :D

Neighbor
    Participant

Nice to hear from a Jayhawk fan!

Your experience with Bucknell makes things even more difficult for Lehigh. That Bucknell group was pretty solid, probably a little more dangerous than this year’s Lehigh team. But, who knows? Lehigh will bring some guys who could play in your league. They are also a smart group who will not be intimidated. If everything clicks for LU (obviously) the current Vegas line is too high.

Mtnhwkfan
    Participant

I’m off to OKC! Don’t know if I will be able to post any reports, but if I can I will. GO LEHIGH!

LU65
    Participant

While the final score of tonight’s game may approximate the consensus spread, i.e., 26 ponits and say 90-63 final, it is nevertheless fun, as an alum and fan of Lehigh basketball, to dream of ways we might come out on top and make history. As far-fetched as this might sound, here are a few thoughts:

Do

…exert relentless pressure on the KU guards, ala LC game, forcing multiple turnovers and easy buckets

…hold the incredibly high-flying Jayhawks to FG%s >40% and >20% from beyond the arc

…what it takes to neutralize the play of the KU big men by limiting their touches on offense (cut down inteior passing lanes and gain inside position on rebound opportunities) while taking our play to them in hopes of getting two of their insiders into foul trouble early

….run an up-tempo offense (…dance with the gal you brouht to the party) and perhaps catch KU off-guard

…find the open man to hit our threes when CJ is doubled – which should be most of the time

…keep it close into the final 10 minutes and get the UNLV and No. Iowa fans on our side

Don’t

think you can’t win

get caught up in the moment (Hoosiers….the court still measures 94" in length and the basket is 10′ tall)

GOOD LUCK LEHIGH

hawktalker
    Participant

Coach Self has been talking about CJ since the bracket was announced Sunday night, so assume the double team. That means Marquis and Dave Buchberger must be hitting threes. If Lehigh keeps contact with Kansas, it’ll improve Lehigh’s confidence and shake KU’s…and then who knows?
    Go Mountainhawks!

Hawk07
    Participant

Some more national love for CJ.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/commenta … id=4998765

It’s exciting to imagine the kind of player he can become. His timely growth spurt is well documented, but let’s watch as he adds some muscle to complement his already amazing basketball abilities.

Thinking back to the last Freshman to lead LU to the tourney, Jose Olivero was more or less a finished product when he arrived on campus. Jose was one of the strongest players on the floor from Day 1 and remained that way for his solid career.

CJ may never be the physical player Jose was, but adding some upper body/core strength will make him a better finisher around the rim and a more effective defender. And "pound-for-pound" he’s already proven his toughness – as evidenced by his improved rebounding numbers over the course of the season. So a little bit of strength may go a long way.

He’s been a joy to watch. Let’s just hope he continues to be a late bloomer, and imagine what that will mean for the rest of the PL.

GO LEHIGH

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.