Kempton March for 2,000

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball Kempton March for 2,000

This topic contains 20 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  lehigh90 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

lehigh90
    Participant

TK needs 55 more points to get to 2,000. At least 2 games left. He should get at least 3 games and make it.

If he doesn’t get PL POY, it’s a crime.

lehigh90
    Participant

TK up to 1,970. 30 to go. One big game or two mediocre ones.

To put in perspective:

1) Quennan 2703
    2) McCollum 2361
    3) KEMPTON 1970
    4) Polaha 1969

Rebounds

1) KEMPTON 1051
    2) Queenan 1013
    3) Mbonu 935
    4) Falkenbach 924

Footnote, TK has played 120 games to date. Queenan 118, McCollum 111, Polaha 116.

richb-1
    Participant

Guessing Falkenbach had fewer than 90 games – before frosh eligibility and full conference brackets.

lehigh90
    Participant

Falkenbach only 76 games. Averaged 12.2 rpg.

Queenan’s numbers are insane over his last 2 seasons. 28.5 ppg as a senior and 9.7 boards, and he made under 1 3 pointer per game. Only had the 3 point shot in his last 2 seasons. Hit 1,000 points in his sophomore season. Ending soph year at 1,101 points. Then tacked on another 1,602 in his last 2 seasons.

CJ was the better player, but not statistically. And, I think Queenan played tougher competition.

toddcudd
    Participant

Happy to see Q gettin’ some love here. The big thing that is often overlooked, when looking at those rebounding numbers in particular: he was naturally a shooting guard, listed at 6’5″ but played as a forward.

hawktalker
    Participant

McCollum’s Lehigh career ended with 15 or 16 games still to play his senior season. Add those games and a post season run and he may have passed Q as Lehigh’s scoring leader

lehigh90
    Participant

CJ played only 7 less games than DQ and DQ scored about 350 more points. CJ could have caught him, perhaps, overall (probably would have if he averaged 20 ppg) but on a point per game basis, DQ could never be caught. CJ would have had to average 50 in those 7 games.

I saw the majority of DQ’s games his senior season, and nobody has dominated like that in a Lehigh uniform. Had some monster games.

jimk72
    jimk72
    Participant

Current total post-Colgate tournament game: 1,990.

jimk72
    jimk72
    Participant

Austin Price now at 1,419 career points. Will end up as #12 All Time…..

lehigh90
    Participant

Lost in the shuffle of the win.

TK went over 2,000!

With his 31, he sits at 2,021.

AP has an outside shot at 1,500 now. 1,442 currently, with at least one game to play. Hopefully, another game somewhere after the Bucknell game. Two very big games could get him there.

TMH
    Participant

If my math is correct, Tim needs 16 points and 16 rebounds to pass Mike Muscala in both. I would love to see the trifecta on Wednesday
    1.)A Patriot League championship for Lehigh
    2.)An exclamation point on who really is the best player in the PL
    3.)Passing MM in both categories
    all at Sojka Arena.

I guy can dream. :-)

lehigh90
    Participant

That would be awesome.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

[quote quote=30897]If my math is correct, Tim needs 16 points and 16 rebounds to pass Mike Muscala in both. I would love to see the trifecta on Wednesday
    1.)A Patriot League championship for Lehigh
    2.)An exclamation point on who really is the best player in the PL
    3.)Passing MM in both categories
    all at Sojka Arena.

I guy can dream. :-)

[/quote]

Oh that would be priceless. :)

lehigh90
    Participant

The utter garbage spewed on the Bucknell Board is laughable about Kempton. The unnamed “sources” that his teammates don’t like him, the ridiculous statements that he is a whiny baby. The thought that taunting him will make any difference on Wednesday is crazy. You don’t think the guy has been taunted before? When you play at his level, he has probably been taunted in every gym since middle school. You think a guy who grew up around the NBA, who had an NBA dad as a young player, doesn’t think, or care, that he will get abuse from fans. He probably revels in it.

Guy is one of the best players in PL, like him or not, and deserves respect from anybody who knows anything about basketball. He’s passionate, plays hard, has skill, and has been a real leader on the court for this Lehigh program for 4 seasons. I would clone him every 4 years, if possible.

2,000+ points and 1,000+ rebounds. 2x POY, enough said. He’s got nothing to prove on Wednesday, but I expect him to have a big game. Do they really think Foulland is going to stop him? That’s a joke. They played twice this year, and TK has 20/8 and 24/11 against him. He’s averaging slightly higher than his averages against Foulland.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Wow
    Just stopped by over there. Buckies have a very good team and a lot of delusional fans. Seems most ( other than 137) dont like Tim even a little bit :)
    Expect game will be a barn burner. Tough to beat anyone 3 in a row.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.