Kerry Kinek

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by ngineer ngineer 9 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

TMH
    Participant

Kerry just passed the 1,000 point threshhold against Colgate. If she scores just 8 points against BU, she passes Maureen Trigo into 15th place all-time. With 14 points she also passes Jessica Mudry into 14th place. Kerry is only a junior.

toddcudd
    Participant

I have not followed the women closely enough. How does her pace look vs. top of career leaders?

TMH
    Participant

Todd,
    Per my calculations, if she averages between 15-16 ppg over the remainder of her career, she should break Anne Tierney’s record of 1,809.

John Wooden once said that he enjoys watching women’s basketball because it is played below the rim.

I mostly agree. The athleticism is not the same but often the fundamentals are better.

In a somewhat related note, Lexi Martins who I compared to Anne Tierney in HS has a chance to break her rebounding record already in her soph year.

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

At the rate she’s going her jersey will be retired, too, and will balance out CJ’s, whenever that happens.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.