Keth Woetzel. S/QB. COMMIT #2

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football Keth Woetzel. S/QB. COMMIT #2

This topic contains 42 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by RichH RichH 8 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • Author

TMH
    Participant

LG,
    My apologies. I was not aware that the rest of the PL had freshmen RBs better than the ones they are putting on the field but elected not to use them.
    I have no idea exactly what you are looking for on film. There are several areas I am looking for in this class.
    1.)I want our defense to be size appropriate. At 6-5, 245, Pendergast has the frame to be a dominant DE and Woetzel at 6-1, 205 will make us bigger in the defensive backfield.
    2.)For a SS, I want someone with some speed and can tackle. He has 2 long interceptions and ran down a WR from 7 yds back. Without seeing times, I think he has more than sufficient speed.
    3.) I want a nose for the ball and the ability to tackle. I have seen nothing in the film that tells me otherwise.
    4.) I’m looking for athleticism. Keith has appeared to play every position on the field and well. What I really like are QBs that play in the defensive backfield. They know how QBs think. They know how to read eyes or the positioning of feet to determine their next move.
    So tell me what you didn’t like other than there was no mention of other college choices.

LehighGuy
    Participant

Your apologies accepted. Your hero Brags fell into the perfect storm here at LU with your OTHER here Yosha and my favorite Leigh leaving the program, or he probably doesnt see the field. He was forced into action with LU not having anybody left. Said nothing about Pendergast. LC has a nice freshman RB they moved to WR in Cj Amil.http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-C.J.-Amill-161281..yay for us. Im sure other PL teams DO have stud freshman RBs that arent playing right now, just havent got their chance. He has. If he ran a wr down from 7yds back with the speed i saw, safe to say that wr was slow azz hell. If you have a player that plays that many positions for your HS team, your HS team probably not that deep! Newsflash, everybody makes every tackle on a highlight tape, saw nothing that impressed me. Your LAST sentence was the most obvious, why do LU coaches think theyre smarter than everyone else, if NOBODY wants him, why do we??? We offer scholly now, we can recruit better. How many times on these football forums to people talk about poor recruiting by LU staff, this IMO is prime example. For the record, i never said anything bad about LU recruiting Brags, just was amazed how you guys talked like he was second coming of reggie bush with the comp he faced. I said he was a good gamble by LU, HE DID HAVE OTHER OFFERS.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 5 months ago by  LehighGuy.
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Wow. A long diatribe. The same drum tho. LG,none of us know who,if any recruits will definitely play and make a difference. Other offers are about all we have. They ,at least,tell us what other coaches think of the kid. They are not solely determinative of how good or mediocre any one recruit is. For myself, I look to what possible benfits the recruit can bring. You rather look to whatever you find lackng. Since we have him,better to me to hope he develops. I have seen too many commits over the years who surprised by being better or worse than all thought. Your go to frame of reference with this young man seems to assume that he plays many roles because team lacks depth and he caught the WR because the kid was even slower. N.Ramapo is a good program in a good league. More likely he plays different roles becauss he is the best athlete on the team.

LehighGuy
    Participant

Of course Rich, of course. But not having other offers is a GREAT example of what football minds think of a kid. Sure its sleepers out there, just seems like LU likes to gamble more than most. We’re past those days now, we have money to spend. Like i said, its never a recruit you guys didnt like…until they get here then LU posters say how bad recruiting for yrs has LU like it is now…LMAO! There always is a “best athlete on the team”, doesnt make him a D1 player. Its just my opinion on the kid, along with every other D1 college program in America. Go LU…beat Fordham!

LehighGuy
    Participant

Just watched the tape trying to see what you guys do, even less impressed. Not fast to me, i guess he will fit in here, he tackles at the ankles like the rest of our DBs. For a SS I want a HITTER, not a ankle diver….LOL.

just a fan
    Participant

LLS LG

I want winners!!

buck
    Participant

Any chance of having a weight limit for our cheerleaders? Nothing over 180lbs. doesn’t seem unreasonable.

jimk72
    jimk72
    Participant

Buck & LG together would make for fascinating conversation at the next sports booster’s banquet.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

:):):-) Fascinating concept.

Miller
    Participant

why would anyone put Pop Warner highlights on a recruiting video? Not impressed,… with commit#2 nor our cheerleaders.
    I WANT WINNERS & I WANT HITTERS

Miller
    Participant

Brags has impressed as a FR with our O line. Most skilled players on O do not see the field because of playbook. LG was wrong about Brag as I had my doubts also, over Brisker. Really not sure Leigh was better than the other 2 backs last year. One long run at 150 sticks in many minds,but he would have split time this year also. Doesn’t matter who we get as a commit…….it is and always has been to WIN with those kids.

LehighGuy
    Participant

I wasnt wrong about Brags, never said anything bad about him, just questioned his comp as did you. Still not sold on him. Saw him break like 5 runs into open field to come against only ONE defender and have a flashback to his HS days and try to run over tackler only to fail. Like I said about him then, straight ahead runner, fast kid with NO moves at all. How about a cut right, left or spin! Typical LU Rb though, I like mines with some moves. Doubt he wouldve seen field with Yosha n Leigh still here. I’ll take the hate mail now

LehighGuy
    Participant

Now to jimk72. If I was to attend such a event I would stand up and say….to the D, stop using LB as lineman, stop using safeties as LB, and stop using ooompa loompas as DBs that cant cover or tackle! To the O, stop running the wildcat unintentionally, stop playing wrs that you HOPE will catch the ball! I would then drop the mike only to be propositioned with a football advisor position to the program :)

Miller
    Participant

Glad to see you give Yosha love after bashing him and abilities all last season…….you are amazing and comical, In your mind you have never said anything bad about players or coaches in any post……..I wish I had such a short memory.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Once you get’em,gotta win with them. Well said.Miller. Must try to get the best “them” that we can :)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.