Last scrimmage

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football Last scrimmage

This topic contains 59 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Doc Qb 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Montgomery was running with the 1s a lot. Getting some quality depth.. Takeaway from tonite a much more aggressive D

LehighGuy
    Participant

Think montgomery might be playing rover now, starting (where is butler???). kinda small. I honestly dont know how they evaluating the talent, i watch alot of practices and just dont understand it. the kickoff team has some of the slowest and worst tacklers on the team! the kicckoff return STILL has #12 back there and he is not a threat. hold off on wilson, he has potential but got beat alot. you had 1’s on O vs 2’s on D. like i said last scrimmage i wanted to see our 2’s D vs our 1’s O. seemed liked they played better than our 1’s on D…go figure. like the move with jones at CB, he will be our best CB. still wondering why they forcing #19 into starting lineup at safety. he has showed nothing that stands out against kids who have been waiting for their shot….Geis,Butler,Redman, Polanis. he was basically just penciled in for that spot. Our D has alot of work. LU cant afford to lose early on trying to figure it out. and i agree, we need the biggest lineman we got in the middle of the horrible 3-3-5

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by  LehighGuy.
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Montgomery at Rover?? Are sure that wasn’t a nickel back set on D?
    A frosh at S? Agree LG there are others in front of him. Perhaps Andy jyst wants to see him in action. He did say he put a lot on 2 deeps to get extended looks at them.

LehighGuy
    Participant

yes montgomery was at rover A LOT, lambert was running with the twos, i know hes been banged up. #19 runs with the 1’s at safety EVERYTIME. looks like Butler is getting looks at LB. if these practice #s matchup.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Holy crap!! Geez hope staff has a plan here.

van
    van
    Participant

a lot of guys are not wearing their #, maybe because of whites on brown, hope this all sorts out

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Seems possible. Prefer that view over continued position shuffling.

LehighGuy
    Participant

im pretty sure all the #s i posted are those of the players. depth chart will be released shortly. you will see what i said is true. sen alot of practices. what baffles me the most is the safety position with the freshman. thought we learned last yr with throwing mccoslkey out there who really struggled (we had to because of injuries). 4 scholly classes now, no need to play freshman unless they are flat out that good.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

O’Neal is a very talented kid. But so is Butler. KM at ROVER? Dang Barrett LL Walker all hurt. Understand wanting to get the best on the field but still need depth at CB. Guess I am confusdd. Very late in camp to still be shuffling players. Really hope staff has a plan.

van
    van
    Participant

maybe just holding out some starters with small dings? would be nice to think a frosh is so impressive that he would start, but seems puzzling, guess we will find out when 2 deep is posted next week

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Wish I felt comfortable with that explanation. As to O’Neal its plausible. Not so much for Montgomery. Moving a frosh up at his position due to dings in front of him. OK. KM from CB to Rover not the same. LL dinged move the next guy up not your nickel back.
    Oh well we’ll know a bit more next Tuesday. Since CC hasn’t been dresding, I wonder if we’ll see him vs MU.

Doc Qb
    Participant

So many D question marks. It’s year three, the personnel is there, athletes r there…is the shuffling injury related or still the staff uncertainty?

The 3-3-5 is essentially nickel all the time. Predominantly a two deep look with Fs and SS on hashes and the extra DB is your rover, just another SS, hopefully bigger and better in run support. Only difference from a typical nickel is the extra DB there is another CB for pass coverage. So my questions become, Barrett is hurt, he is now listed as a OLB, has an LB number, but seemed like a rover kinda guy. Why the move? LL is bigger, experienced, is he running rover too? Butler looked really solid there in spring. Harvey is the right size, but they have him at OLB, where he is undersized. Montgomery seems slight for SS or a run support/cover hybrid rover too. All seems puzzling.

Who is getting the most corner reps? Jones, Harris, Redmond, leaks? Has marquis outshined some of the vets?

Colton out, is ripanti, buskirk, or Kauffman chewing up the most mlb reps? Gotta hope if Kauffman has solid year he seeks a fifth yr, since he missed all of last yr. I think he has huge upside and was out of position and underutilized for years. Whose on the outside?

Man, I gotta get to a practice…I live five miles from, Goodman.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Please go doc. :)
    The position shuffling is troubling at the tailend of camp. I woyld love to say that 1s are already set and Botts is now just experimenting with various fr and so players in different spots. Haven’t really been able to sell it to myself :).
    At this point there should be no questions as to lineups or positions.

just a fan
    Participant

The problem is I’m sorry to be the Elephant in the room but it’s Leaks. They will not sit him down. Montgomery should not be playing Rover at 5’8 and probably 175lbs. Lambert can support in run but can’t cover period. It’s that simple. All our rovers got Burned bad last year. We got killed by the TE constantly last year. Q-Jones should have not been moved from safety. He should be making the calls back there. I can live with Sam and Jones at safety and KM and Redmond at the corners. Leaks had 3yrs I’m sorry his time is. We had the worst pass defense in FCS and leaks still starts.

I WANT WINNERS!!

LehighGuy
    Participant

Not sure who the LB are, only # that match are 4, who is playing rover as of last pract. #7….mlb 49,13. getting corner reps first…2,26. then 17,12….then 18,30. DL the same three from last yr with heavy rotation. and sorry rich, 19 ran with the ones the FIRST practice and has been there since, i havent seen anything that seperates him from the upperclassmen, looks like he was penciled in without proving himself, wonder how the kids feel about that. Lambert is running with the 2s, hes healthy. havent seen barret unless his # different. I also think they wasted the Anderson kid who has great size and speed, wouldve been a nice rover. its still shuffling goin around with 2 weeks before gameday, the O better put up 40 and hope thats enough until they figure out the D. like just a fan said, worst pass D and we still have same Dbs back there MINUS our all conference corner..and a freshman safety, who does that?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 60 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.