Lehigh #24 in Athlon Poll

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football Lehigh #24 in Athlon Poll

This topic contains 18 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by sundayamqb sundayamqb 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

The Rivalry may for stretches be uncompetitive as one or the other goes on long winning streaks. That has never dimmed the intensity of the game. It was by far the biggest week for LU students back in the early 60s when we rarely had good teams. God years or bad the Pard game was the capper to the year. A W for a 2 win team was precious.

lfnadmin
    Keymaster

On a semi-related note, it will be interesting to see how the Ram-Crusader Cup does at Yankee Stadium the week before Rivalry 152. I suspect it will also do well – on the other hand, tickets are still available for that game, so I don’t know for sure.

From CrossSports, it looks like HC and Fordham had 15K tickets to sell. CS claims that Fordham easily made their 15K number (not too surprising since Rams are selling out 10K home games more or less routinely), but HC has had problems selling their tickets. Not sure what reality is there.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Both had to guarantee 7500. That has been met apparently. Imagine they’ll have a good crowd.

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

[quote quote=28879]I was just gonna let it go. But my bloody lip from the goalpost fight after the last game in Taylor says “not faux”.
    [/quote]

Love it!

As a child whose dad drove him from outside the Valley to watch the game, I loved it when the goalposts came down before the game. It was unlike anything I’d ever seen.

As a student I hated the masses lining up before the game was over. I wanted to see the end of the game and the mass was down so low you a) couldn’t see anything and b) risked getting hit with wayward pepper spray.

Best part other than game was working, as a team, with your brothers/pals to get a huge chunk and display it — even if you got a little nicked up.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.