LEHIGH 51-CROSS 38

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football LEHIGH 51-CROSS 38

This topic contains 29 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by ngineer ngineer 8 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Hell of a game. Mayes is inded #1 it seems .Folmar called a great game mixing schemes and players. D,even giving up 38 played very well holding Pujols under 50% . Coverage was better overall. Still some mistakes by Ss on doubles but also 2INTs. DL great pressure on him.
    OL was awesome.

Lehigh74
    Participant

Best Game Lehigh has played it a long time. Mayes once again was very impressive. I think the kid needs to play. It will be interesting to see what Coen does. Shaf said after the game, he will be 100% next week.

TMH
    Participant

I listened to the post-game interview with Coen. He said that Shaf is still not quite right. He’s looking forward to getting him back full time. Both looked very effective today.
    For me, the game ball goes to the OL. They’ve looked much improved over the last 2 weeks. Mayes had all day to throw and there were nice holes for the backs.
    I also thought the DBs played well until garbage time. It appears we are getting paper thin at LB. Caslow didn’t play and I don’t think Ripanti played after the INT.
    For those wondering where Seigenthaler was, he was on the sidelines, not in uniform so there is an injury involved.

LehighGuy
    Participant

Thought we played great. Everything on the line and we responded with 41 first half. We have to stop fumbling the ball, we had about 4-5 fumbles today. Mayes is #1, shaf is healthy IMO, why play him any if he hurt? Now the biggest game of the yr next week

lfnadmin
    Keymaster

If this combo put up 51 on Holy Cross’ defense, which hasn’t been bad all season, I’m hesitant to break it up right now. If the 2 headed QB is working… don’t break it!

van
    van
    Participant

Caslow was apparently sick, not injured according to announcers, OL the star of the game and the skill guys are really skilled

TMH
    Participant

Interesting stat.
    Bragalone has played in all 9 games this year.
    In 3 of them, he was given <10 carries. In 5 of the remaining 6, he ran for 100 yds. He needs 123 ypg in the next 2 games to break 1,000

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Ripanti injured ankle. Other yhan that looks like we came out healthy.
    Coen pretty much emptied the bench today. Felt good. Going to relax and enjoy this one.

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

Ditto what you all said. This was as fun a game to watch as there has been since Lum played (and today he was on the PL/Campus Insiders haltime report).

I criticized Folmar for going conservative when they got ahead last week. Not this week. Two thumbs up!

Love the two-headed QB — I hope it continues These guys are like Lum and Colvin, but on steroids (figuratively). Love how Folmar even used a FB a few times.

I’m not a big fan of the D, but they gave up 381 yards, 23 below HC’s average and almost 70 below LU’s average. Loved some of the aggresssive D play-calling that put Pujals under pressure most of the game. MUCH BETTER!

The difference in this game is HC does not have a particularly good run/pass balance — so next week will be tougher for the D.

LU now has a playoff-caliber offense. Unfortunately IMHO, LU is going to need help from host Georgetown to get there. Too bad Bucknell could not register the upset.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by sundayamqb sundayamqb.

LehighGuy
    Participant

Sundayqb, we need to focus on winning PL. We hope for the playoffs, that’s out of our hands. The PL title is all on us, they can do it! We should be one pf the favorites next yr. Folmer has gotten better, the OL was great. Mayes is the real deal, a steal for LU. Im starting to like the Brags kid more and more, he just needs to hold onto the ball more, he has like 4 fumbles this yr. I love NaNa, he a bruiser and a walk on. Wish they wouldve played the Kee kid, he deserves it.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by  LehighGuy.
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Good catch LG. Would have been nice to get Kee on the field.
    PL is ours for the taking. Gate wont be easy up ttherebut a very winnable game.

van
    van
    Participant

kick coverage was pretty sound today and that is a strength Cross

Doc Qb
    Participant

Fun win. Total control of game, some dominant moments, OL gets game ball. As a whole, the many ‘little’ things we’ve been doing poor this year have improved…game management, dumb penalties, TOs, mixing play calls, more D stunts/bliztes.

Only criticism I have is one TD second half…even though game was in control, thats not good enough. Not that I wanted to paste 70 on HC (well, we wouldnt really mind, right?) Coen took foot off the gas. We didnt get burned cuz Puhole looked pretty pedestrian today, but we let Gtown back into game last week not finishing.

Overall, pretty complete performance, all around, team peaking at right time, not playing young, doing well w the LB corps a wounded unit. Still some miscues, but improved. We should savor this, prep hard for trip to Hamilton…Andy always says ‘We competed…’ Well, I think players and staff have both improved and competed, picked up there game since PL play started. Proud of the last few weeks effort.

hawkineer
    hawkineer
    Participant

Anyone think that the reason Folmer has become better is because he now has a QB who moves beyond his 1st read, uses all of his receivers, and can throw just about any kind of pass? Food for thought.

LehighGuy
    Participant

Good catch hawkineer. It was obvious Mayes threw to open receiver. Had 3 td passes, NONE to pellatier. Mayes a pass first qb. I think we should use the 2 qb approach, mayes to good to sit on bench. Like I said, a steal for LU. Glad he values a great education over big time football.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.