LEHIGH 51-CROSS 38

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football LEHIGH 51-CROSS 38

This topic contains 29 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by ngineer ngineer 8 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author

lfnadmin
    Keymaster

Going into this game I was worried that Pelletier was overly the reason Mayes looked so good vs. Georgetown. Boy, was I glad to be proven wrong about that!

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Caslow reportedly has mono,unlikely we’ll see him again this year. Hope Ripanti’s ankle is not too bad.

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

Yes, the word on Caslow is that he is likely done for the year due to mono. Tough break, especially if Ripaniti is dinged. Robb played a great game in the middle. Players of the game award goes to the OL. They were dominant. Using Shaf on plays where the run/throw is a real option is a great idea. Shaf actually threw a very nice deep ball today for a long completion. If we get a consistent, tough D, this team is going places. Saw we had nice big freshman DL in there today, as well. Nice bookend for #90. TO’s have been our bane this year. That really needs to be cleaned up. We’d be undefeated in the PL if not for TO’s. ON TO HAMILTON! SQUEEZE COLGATE!

hawktalker
    Participant

Great win over HC. Going in I didn’t think we matched up well. I was wrong.
    This team is so deep on offense: 3 RBs, 5-6 WRs, 2 QBs. Getting thin on defense though, especially at LB, a concern going against a Colgate team that likes to run

lfnadmin
    Keymaster
    marco
    marco
    Participant

Observations after 9 weeks (My report card):

Schollies (A) -The scholarship kids, particularly freshmen and sophs look like a great group. Very impressive.

Run Game (B+) -With Bragalone and Brisker, we may be looking at the best tandem since Rizzo/Diorio in 1970, 71. Add that sophomore and the run game looks solid. Remember, this after position was decimated by defections following 2014.

QB, offense (A)- What a “problem” to have – Two terrific, uniquely talented underclassmen going forward each with experience! A return to stretching the field with a plethora of rangy receivers. A solid run game makes it difficult for the other team to game plan.

OL (B)- Against PL at least, they appear dominant.

Kicking (B+)- Real progress and in Mish, a pleasant surprise, especially after losing the incumbent. Punter and return guys all kids.

Defense (C)- Depth needed and would love more beef up front, but my biggest thing continues to be DBs who lose the ball while attempting to cover. I doubt that it is all on the kids…I believe techniques can and must be taught!

Coaching (B-)- Andy’s done a pretty good job rebuilding his staff over the years. That said, please consider D upgrade.

Overall – This team has improved since September. I like what I see (except that Defensive backfield) but I have to give the team a solid B. The season is in their hands. If Colgate struggled to keep Laffyette off the scoreboard, I have to like our chances. Lots of pressure on that QB will do it.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by marco marco.
    • This reply was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by marco marco.
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Good ratings. Unlike last year,we have improved over the course of the season. A credit to Andy and his staff,particulary D coaches.
    Wouldn’t take too much away from Gate-Pard game. Pards getting healthier and I doubt Raiders were very focused on Saturday against a 1-8 Pard team.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Brad named Offensive ZPOW and Rookie POW this week. Quentin Jones gat Hon. Mention as Defensive POW.

lfnadmin
    Keymaster

In case you were wondering what I think about Lehigh’s resurgence…

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2015/11/big-part-of-lehigh-title-run-is.html

I echo the sentiments on here that the O line is a huge part of it.

Miller
    Participant

Mayes and Brag for 3 more years? WOW.#5 will return,test were negative for mono…more like the flu.

Miller
    Participant

It is funny how a win vs a loss changes everything on this board. It’s the same team, just a few more games under the belt for the young players. Improvement is all you can ask for.

toddcudd
    Participant

That’s great news on Caslow! Thanks for the update!

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

[quote=23412]Mayes and Brag for 3 more years? WOW.#5 will return,test were negative for mono…more like the flu.

[/quote]
    Thanks Miller. Great news.

TMH
    Participant

I was actually surprised when someone said Caslow had mono. He was very active along the sideline. He showed me a lot of true leadership, congratulating guys on big plays and seemingly reassuring those who got beat. Good news. Has there been an update on Ripanti?

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

Great to hear that Caslow was negative. The concern about mono is not the ‘lethargy’ but the fact that the spleen is enlarged if infected. This creates a great risk of rupture, hence the precautions. Hopefully, Ripanti is able to play as well to add more depth. Keeping the D fresh is important in pressuring the QB. Getting psyched for Hamilton already!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.