Lehigh Announces Basketball Recruits 1/12/2000

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball Lehigh Announces Basketball Recruits 1/12/2000

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by RichH RichH 11 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

TMH
    Participant

While cleaning out some old newspapers tonight, I came across an old South Mountaineer announcing the basketball’s recruiting class. It was noted the the Class was ranked #90 in the Country by Hoop Scoop, the highest in memory.

Alex Jenson…averaged 30.1 ppg, 6.4 rb and 5.1 assists in his junior year of HS…set to break the CT scoring record

Will Sherling 6-10, joining Sah Brown and Matt Crawford to become the first time Lehigh had 3 players 6-10 or taller on the team at the same time.

Stephen Callahan a 6-3 SF

Only Callahan managed to end his career at Lehigh, playing mostly in a backup role. I suppose you can’t always believe the hype. It does bring back memories though.

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

#90 makes sense. Back then those 6-10 guys weighted about 190.

RIP South Mountaineer! I fondly remember those days …

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Boy I lived it. Looked forward to it. Remember that class well. Brown actyally wasn’t bad. Played a bit.
    All pre google et al. Had to wait for the Media Guide to find out recruits.
    Nostalgic for a coot like me but I aint givinb up my google gremlins.and instant info.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.