Lehigh Baseball

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Baseball Lehigh Baseball

Tagged: 

This topic contains 51 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by RichH RichH 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 46 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Does anyone know how many scholarships we have for baseball? I know baseball splits scholarship dollars unlike football and basketball, but I have no idea how many (if any) scholarships PL schools offer compared to the Power Conference schools.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Glib answer is not enough. TMH may know. Women’s sports are getting the benefit of Title IX. Doubt Leary has as many as Troyan. I recall that baseball had 1 a year. Have no idea whether that is still the situation. Unlike football, merit and need aid can be combined in naseball.

TMH
    Participant

Rich,
    I know virtually nothing about scholarships at Lehigh. I suspect it is both a science and an artform that is continually evolving as the demographics change. It is also an area that I suspect most Universities don’t like to talk about.

My best guess though is that we should continue to see improvement in women’s sports due to semi-recent developments in football as well as the evolving male/female ratio (now 55-45) at Lehigh.

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

That’s crazy. I had no idea they had so many fewer scholarships compared to the rest of D1. One scholarship split among 8-12 guys a year is not much to work with. Hopefully it’s more at this point.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Have no idea. Can be combined with need aid but still not much. Dont think any PL squads are even close to fully funded. Given the additional aid being directed to women’s sports doubt there’ll be much if any increase in Baseball schollies. The 60 football schollies have to be balaned proportionately with aid to various sports.

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Just saw on Twitter that Garzillo will be playing in the Cape Cod league this summer. Hands down the best wood bat collegiate league in the country. Hopefully he gets a lot of at bats.

Also, on the pitching front – I thought Peter Moore and Mark Washington showed some positive signs as freshman.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Practically every player is in a summer league. Recall last year a number had great stats. No idea of the relative quality of the various leagues. Cape Cod is about the top of them all. A few years back,we spent a month on the cape. Saw a bunch of games. Very impressive talent from all over the USA.

Viewing 7 posts - 46 through 52 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.