Lehigh- Fordham: Effectively for all the marbles

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football Lehigh- Fordham: Effectively for all the marbles

This topic contains 39 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by sundayamqb sundayamqb 3 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author

LehighGuy
    Participant

Foooook yeah Lehigh let’s gooooooo! GREAT win, finish the deal 😂😂😂😂

LehighGuy
    Participant

GameOn You wasv 2 games off!

toddcudd
    Participant

Friggin’ awesome. Final score was completely misleading – it was a blowout. Couldn’t have hoped for better.

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

[quote quote=29069]Friggin’ awesome. Final score was completely misleading – it was a blowout. Couldn’t have hoped for better.

[/quote]
    +1

Wow!

Everything clicked.

Coaching, execution on both sides of ball outstanding. Kudos to FU for not giving up. LU got some career performances when it counted!

Gotta avoid letdown next week. Bucknell, having played a top FCS opponent this week, will be up for LU next week.

marco
    marco
    Participant

One man’s observations.

Fordham’s early scholarship advantage has ended. They looked like a one-legged man at an ass kicking contest. It was 51 – 9 for God’s sake.

Chase Edmonds can play anywhere.

Dom Bragalone plays with a chip on his broad shoulders.

How freaking bad is Georgetown?

I guess the defense got fixed.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 12 months ago by marco marco.

CHIP72
    Participant

[quote quote=29069]Friggin’ awesome. Final score was completely misleading – it was a blowout. Couldn’t have hoped for better.

[/quote]

Anyone who is also a Philadelphia Eagles fan will appreciate this, but the Fordham game ended with the exact same final score as my favorite Eagles game that I’ve attended in person, their 58-37 shellacking of the Detroit Lions in the 1995 playoffs. Much like Lehigh’s win over Fordham, the final score was deceptive in that Lions/Eagles game; the Eagles built a 51-7 lead by the middle of the 3rd quarter before largely calling off the dogs.

I never thought I’d live to see the day when another football game, much less one involving a team I follow, would end with a 58-37 final score.

marco
    marco
    Participant

“With no rain, I see Lehigh winning by two TD’s. O/U could be around 90. Lehigh 52-38. We just need to ‘control’ Edmonds. If he gets 150-200 yards on 40 carries that’s okay. Just none of those 65 yard sprints we saw last year. Lehigh much more balanced with more weapons and special teams have been doing very well. Also key has been very few penalties and turnovers. They are key. Minimize those, we win going away.” Ngineer

I for one salute this guy…spot on!

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

[quote quote=29074]“With no rain, I see Lehigh winning by two TD’s. O/U could be around 90. Lehigh 52-38. We just need to ‘control’ Edmonds. If he gets 150-200 yards on 40 carries that’s okay. Just none of those 65 yard sprints we saw last year. Lehigh much more balanced with more weapons and special teams have been doing very well. Also key has been very few penalties and turnovers. They are key. Minimize those, we win going away.” Ngineer

[/quote]

hawktalker
    Participant

If you had told me prior to the game that Pelletier and Casey would be held to fewer than 90 yards combined and just one touchdown, I would have been very concerned.
    Who knew LU had that ground game in them? Congrats to Bragalone, Shaf and that O line! And to Tyler Cavenis and the D front 7.
    Now go beat Bucknell!

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

[quote quote=29075]

“With no rain, I see Lehigh winning by two TD’s. O/U could be around 90. Lehigh 52-38. We just need to ‘control’ Edmonds. If he gets 150-200 yards on 40 carries that’s okay. Just none of those 65 yard sprints we saw last year. Lehigh much more balanced with more weapons and special teams have been doing very well. Also key has been very few penalties and turnovers. They are key. Minimize those, we win going away.” Ngineer

[/quote]

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.