Lehigh-Lafayette

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football Lehigh-Lafayette

This topic contains 30 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by sundayamqb sundayamqb 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author

toddcudd
    Participant

Weak effort. Worst tackling we’ve seen this year – and that’s saying something.
    I question the McHale playtime. Nice to give the upperclassman some snaps, but at what cost? He was clearly ineffective, very early.

toddcudd
    Participant

Weak effort. Worst tackling we’ve seen this year – and that’s saying something.
    I question the McHale playtime. Nice to give the upperclassman some snaps, but at what cost? He was clearly ineffective, very early.
    Fire Coen.

adcs2
    Participant

“what makes them think their Frosh QB is so much better than ours?”

Guess what, their frosh QB is BETTER than ours.

Kramer
    Kramer
    Participant

Ok, I stand corrected.

toddcudd
    Participant

B.S. We didn’t play ours, when it mattered.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Before we all get manic,let not forget that with BB a different game. That said our D is abysmal. Playing MM in the 3rd was basically conceding game He was like a deer in headlights all day. Sherm , Divers and ST kept us in this game.Pards did get the lucky bounces but even w/o them they win.Outcoached and outplayed today. Depressing thought .Why will they be any better than this year?

toddcudd
    Participant

Negative. Sherman gone, it gets worse.

hawkineer
    hawkineer
    Participant

First, we can all agree that the record did not reflect the quality of this team. There were far too many smoke and mirror wins, especially early. We all knew the defense was inept. This 2013 team was nowhere close in quality to teams of the previous three years.

That being said, the overall performance today is on the coaching staff. McHale, despite being a junior, had played one quarter of football. During that one quarter, it was clear the he could not throw the ball. Shafniskey had played well and had led the team to two straight wins. He earned the start. Marty Horn was saying on the radio how McHale allowed the coaches to use the entire playbook. That was the entire playbook? Read-option, read-option, pass was the entire playbook. MCHALE CAN’T FRIGGIN’ THROW. Coen and Cecchini coached scared today. They had no trust in either QB. One because he’s a freshman and one because he can’t friggin’ throw.

We all knew the defense was a problem. The HC (lost to GU today) and CU (destroyed by FU today) games gave false hope that they had figured things out. This defense put so much pressure on the offense all year to score every time they had the ball because they were always playing from behind. That has to get exhausting and I think it took a toll on the whole team. Championship Lehigh teams have always had a solid to dominating defenses. As we moved further from the Kotulski era, the defense continued to worsen until we got the 2013 mess. Until Wilcher is gone (the secondary was awful as well), Roberts is responsible for the D-Line only, and we hire a real D-Coordinator, championships and playoff wins will not happen. Think Gilmore and Kotulski and Bottiglieri.

We’ll see if Coen had the guts to make some tough decisions regarding his staff. This program, these kids, and the fans deserve better than what the coaches gave them today and on the defensive side, this year.

hawktalker
    Participant

Good points Hawkineer. Coaches didn’t think freshmen QB was ready for this game, but obviously inexperienced junior wasn’t either.
    Defense played two good games all year (HC and Colgate) and maybe that’s because those teams weren’t very good.
    I agree change is needed in the defensive staff and I’m confident Andy will do what needs to be done.

Footballfan
    Participant

Lets all slow down just a bit here. Andy and staff have led this team to great records over the last 4 years. The previous post was correct regarding the defense playing well in only a few games (HC, Colgate and I’ll add Georgetown). Other than that it was really very bad. Losing BB was crucial to winning out and doing anything in the playoffs. The dropoff at QB from BB is huge as is now obvious. Both QB’s missed wide open recievers on Saturday. In the previous two games they threw very short, easy and safe routes. Lafayette knew that and took that stuff away. You can’t win many games giving up 50.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

We all agree that drop off from BB steep,what is puzzling is why stick with MM? While I think he can be good,he wasn’t on Sat. Theoretically ,trying to minimize mistakes but by mid 3rd we neede a spark . D didn’t give up all those points but a meaningless distinction as they were not effective.We wer faced with another comeback scoring fest w/o BB. Who would give us the best shot at big plays to score? Not MM.

Miller
    Participant

It’s a shame when our board gets as negative as the LC board.Mr Cudd should get closer to the program and take a look at the coaches, team, or players FULL body of work before he starts bashing a program that has gone 39-9 over the past 4 years. With scholarships Lehigh will be fine.The defense next season will be better with the front 7. Wilmington and #28 will step up also, but only hope there is another BB surprise at QB.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Fans are wont to vent. Nothing here even remotely akin to the mamic mood swings over on Pards. Dont think any of us have issues with DCs as position coaches. They are responsible for performance of D this yr. Talent selection is part of that. Acroos the board we have very good athletes with speed. We have not recruited a NG in 5 yrs,Sajad. Why not? 3-4 only works if DL can at least stalemate an OL. We have lots of pass rushers,no run stoppers. DCs made no effective adjustments to available talent.

toddcudd
    Participant

No question, my response immediately post-game was over the top. But it’s frustrating when this board highlights issues for a full season – as amateurs – and we don’t see clear attempts to correct them. There are certainly things I don’t know and can’t see, but the QB situation was baffling – where does that responsibility go? OC seems to have plenty of fans here, and I think O has generally been a strength, for many years. I think the DC situation is a legit problem.
    Frustration and beer are a bad mix – it’s a fact. But I’m sorrynotsorry for raging about losing to the ‘pards in year that, while not up to recent standards, we were the better team.
    Sorry to all if I crapped on the board, but I was pissed. Sitting at a viewing party that included pard fans didn’t help, I’m sure. I’ll do my best to sleep it off before blasting away next time.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

NO.NO. Boards are for lots of talk including bitching. This is Liberty Hall. Likeisw others can bitch about you bitching :). Good way to start real conversation.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.