Lehigh Preview

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football Lehigh Preview

This topic contains 49 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by RichH RichH 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)
  • Author

TheCobbler
    Participant

TMH,

Since some people on here get upset when “you don’t know the teams past”, and for the sake of being accurate, LU didn’t go to the playoffs the year Colvin was QB. A great season, 10-1, but no playoffs.

Parris had 41 catches for 443 yds and 2 TD as a Jr.
    Kurfis had 50 catches for 778 yds and 5 TD as a Jr.

Similar # of catches but big difference in yds and TD’s.

TMH
    Participant

I’m not anticipating that Parris will duplicate Kurfis’s production in his senior year, only that Parris is very capable of making the same type of improvement now that he is reportedly the go to receiver. 70 catches 900-1000 yds would be wonderful.

Again, I’m cautiously optimistic…..you can sit and moan at the games. Just don’t sit near me.

TheCobbler
    Participant

You won’t hear me moaning, I don’t expect much from this team. The people complaining will be the ones who expect 7-8 wins.

I hope you are right about Parris. Defense still a major concern for me. Not as young last year as you might think. Only 4 of the top 10 tacklers from last year return. All 4 starting DB’s are gone. Schemes only get you so far. Need the players!

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

lol True Cobbler, pessimists dont moan they just say “See,I told you so.” Think we all need camp to start :)

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Problem of old age,cant sleep.:).
    Thinking about JMU. My gut was our 1st their 2 nd,advantage. JMU. But,they open w Maryland. Playing up usually gears up team speed even in a loss. JMU ,new dtaff and systems and while Terps not that good they could beat JMU up physically. JMU may come into our game looking past us. A stretch ,I admit,but possible even if JMU wins 1st. Circling back to us,will Folmar have a cohesive O to present. If so slightly more optimistic.

LehighGuy
    Participant

Do you guys see any of the freshman recruits contributing this yr? I like the McCain kid on D to see some time. I know Leaks did well as a freshman on special teams. We have have alot of speed in this yrs class.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by  LehighGuy.
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Not too many. I expect a lot of sophs to move up. Most of our frosh talent on O in skills positions. Of those Kelsey looks to have best shot. On D,I think Cavenas may impress. McCain,Coffman,Jones,Siegenthaler for STs. Kadeem Smith OL is likely to move up IMO based on size and talent as quickly as he can pick up Sawyer’s blocking schemes.

LehighGuy
    Participant

Just wondering Rich, what makes you single out those Freshman over the rest??? The Munley and Redmond kids are legit 4.5,4.4 guys. And O’Hara turned down some other D1 schools so he is talented as well. I would think the last two recruiting classes would dethrone some Jrs and Srs since they are scholarship players and seem to be more talented??

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

I could go with most of this group as making a difference this year. OL very deep and tough to move into 2 deep. Kareem more ready physically to do so. WR group is ridiculously talented. Casey, Kelsey both A-S Fla,Pelletier A-S NH and has a year of post grad. Munley an excellent athlete able to play O or D. Siegenthaler the same . All are sub 4.5 guys. Hell,Johnson is a 4.66 DL.Gille also on DL,still surprised we got him.
    Point is the sophs aint bad either. None of the DL kids got to plsy last yr,injuries and a death in the family.
    I expect this camp to be the most intense of Andy’s tenure. Lots of crucial decisions and no cupcakes to ease into season.

TMH
    Participant

LehighGuy,
    There is a fairly significant jump from HS to even FCS football. Besides the speed and strength of the college game, the complexities of the offense and defense usually takes a year or so to master IMHO. Pandy and Leaks were easy picks last year because the position was wide open. Caslow came as a very pleasant surprise, at least to me. The secondary will be all new this year and there is the potential of a frosh getting time in the nickel or dime package. My pick may be Cavenas, if only because he appears to have the size and strength to man a position of real need this year. The key is how quickly can he transition from a small HS to Lehigh.
    My bigger hope is for some sophs to step up their game this year. There are a bunch with the abilities to do just that.

TMH
    Participant
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Cavenas comes from small HS class in Pa. One hell of a jump. Perhaps by PL sched. Ripanti also a playmaker once he got PT. We’ll see a lot of him. If Laub can stay healthy we are set at LB. Harvey needs to assert himself inside. He’s got size and ability,needs to show it. Lambert missed half the season,he will impress at SS .Big plays and probably some oops plays.
    Geez,cant wait.

Miller
    Participant

Oliver,Colton and Timmy,sporting bro’#10 will be 1st teamers on D. The O will be the side of the ball we know least about. How is JMU preparing for us? No film on the new offense and D has changed a few wrinkles also. First game will be which team is better prepared with their new schemes and styles.
    Cobb=thefan on AGS. (a pathetic mess we are embarrassed to call our own.)

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Expect new wrinkles with Folmar ,but base O will be the same. D will still use 3-4 but with Botts less of a read and protect and more aggressive. Dline is the key. How he solves that will determine success of failure.
    O ,who is the QB?

TMH
    Participant

I’m not sure if you read the MC article above but I was a bit surprised that Poutier was not mentioned at all. I saw the scrimmage and although he only played in the 7 on 7 drill, he looked to have the most accurate arm. He reminded me a bit of BB from the right side.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.