Lehigh sinks Navy!

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Women’s Basketball Lehigh sinks Navy!

This topic contains 14 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  TMH 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    jimk72
    jimk72
    Participant

After years of frustration, the Lady Hawks take down Navy. Congratulations to all!

van
    van
    Participant

here Ben, here Ben!

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

This was a fun game. Girls showed played some real clutch ball over the last part of the game. That inbounds pass about gave me a stroke. :)

Ben
    Participant

I’m glad you’re happy. Tell me why they won the last two games and we can start the discussion. I’m really glad they’re 2-0 but it does not change one bit what I think. If you can answer the question, you’ll know what I’m talking about. If you’re just happy with the W, I’m happy for you.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Never begrudge a W. Girls earned this one. Perhaps they will learn to play D eventually.

Ben
    Participant

Agreed. I’ll elaborate another time:)

TMH
    Participant

I attended the game tonight as well as Lafayette. To answer Ben’s question, because we shot well from beyond the arc (almost 50% over the 2 games).
    The team is still a work in progress but it shows signs of gelling. For a team that is made up of almost all 6 footers, our inside game needs a lot of work both on offense and defense. HH IMO is probably the most athletic player on the court in most games. She’s not a great shooter but she passes well, rebounds well and generally runs our offense well. CBuhr is turning into a really nice player in all facets. Q is playing within herself this year. She is far more controlled and the results show.
    There were a lot of traveling calls tonight, none of which seemed obvious to me.

Ben
    Participant

Thank you TMH! Absolutely right! The kids have been shooting the lights out against a very weak LAF team and Navy whose average had been 10 threes / game but now 7-27 (20%) over their last two games. Agreed also on HH and CBu. and the team’s inside game. However, down 34-27, the presence of a real big on D generated a 12-0 run before the half. It was not repeated in the second half. Rotations are still pre-scripted no matter what. Good win though and winnable game at HC.

LU808
    LU808
    Participant

Hate to say it…but Q looks a little out of shape….has to be affecting her quickness.

hawktalker
    Participant

That’s the kind of game Lehigh usually loses. Navy swept LU last year. There are signs of progress. HH especially

TMH
    Participant

My memory may be a little hazy but I think the difference between last night’s game and the home game vs Navy last year is that this year the half court shot bounced out at the end of the game. Last year the wild half court shot at the buzzer banked in and we lost 66-64.

hawktalker
    Participant

I don’t remember the score but that is how last year’s home game with Navy ended. Like I said LU usually loses the close games

Ben
    Participant

Same mistake though. Inbound in front of the bench, turnover, Navy ball and she almost made it……

Bison137
    Bison137
    Participant

[quote quote=33412]My memory may be a little hazy but I think the difference between last night’s game and the home game vs Navy last year is that this year the half court shot bounced out at the end of the game. Last year the wild half court shot at the buzzer banked in and we lost 66-64.[/quote]

Kind of. In last year’s game, Navy stole an LU inbound pass with one second left deep in their own end. With an immediate timeout, they were allowed to advance the ball to the other end. They inbounded to Dunham, who swished a shot from well inside half court, about 32 feet away. She had banked in a three about 30 seconds earlier, but the winner hit nothing but net. The killer, however, was the failure to inbound the ball.

TMH
    Participant

I told you my memory was hazy. :-) I just happy I remembered that game .
    Dunham BTW took that final shot again. Good basketball player but she falls down an awful lot :-)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.