Lehigh Starters?????

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football Lehigh Starters?????

This topic contains 25 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by jimk72 jimk72 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author

LehighGuy
    Participant

How long should the starters play against Laff? Of course you want to win, but LU has bigger goals down the road than Laff. Maybe a half?

Lehigh74
    Participant

I can only hope the coaches and players aren’t as cocky as you are. Should we win the game? Absolutely. Will we win the game? Not if we think all we have to do is walk on the field. Anything can happen in a big rivalry game like this. A win would make Lafayette’s season.

LehighGuy
    Participant

Not cocky, but we want to walk away from this game injury free. Playoffs are ahead for us, do we risk everyone for a win over laff? That’s a serious question, not a cocky one. PL championship is won, FCS playoff bid also.

LU15
    Participant

The game will dictate that, if its a blowout in the 4th, then were talking sitting them.

hawktalker
    Participant

I’d like nothing better than Lehigh being comfortably ahead in the 4th quarter and Timo is taking the snaps at QB.
    And I know Lehigh’s 8-2 and Lafayette is 2-8 but strange things have happened in this game.
    Suppose Frank tells the players before the game this is it for him and they run out on to the Fisher Stadium turf and play the game of their lives

Doc Qb
    Participant

I don’t think anything the frankosaurus tells them makes a difference. He has lost the team and the program and the alumni. Drop by their fan board.

I think having to work to beat Bucknell will have them focused, as will wanting to be 9-2, undefeated in conference play, as will wanting to beat their rival. It’s a special group and I think they get it done convinvingly.

Last few weeks watched a ton of CAA ball on Comcast. JMU, Nova, Towson, Richmond, Hens, Tribe. I think we can play with any of them, and if we play clean games with mistake/penalty/turnover free ball, we win can win a game in each of two rounds a la ‘gate last year. It will take COMPLETE effort, all phases, coaches at their best as well.

Also watched a bit of Ivy games…boy, was Harvard overrated all year. Where are all of these FBs guys Murphy is signing? I ain’t seeing it. Very pedestrian offense. We’d put 40 on them.

Can’t wait til Saturday.

van
    van
    Participant

Doc, just wondering if our scholarships are having a little drain on Ivy recruits? whole Ivy seems down

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

NEVER be overconfident playing Lafayette. History shows a crappy LC team is capable of anything.

All we have to do is look at last weekend to see how a supposedly down team gave us a real run for our money. LU did not play its best game vs. Bucknell. Too many bad passes and drops (but it was windy).

hawkineer
    hawkineer
    Participant

[quote quote=29342]NEVER be overconfident playing Lafayette. History shows a crappy LC team is capable of anything.

All we have to do is look at last weekend to see how a supposedly down team gave us a real run for our money. LU did not play its best game vs. Bucknell. Too many bad passes and drops (but it was windy).

[/quote]
    Just to put it in perspective, Bucknell did beat LC 42-17.

I am curious regarding the unpredictability of the rivalry. Except for Lafayette in ’81 and ’02 and Lehigh in ’09, I don’t recall any major upsets over the past four decades. I think ’81 was by far the biggest upset considering Lehigh had been in the 1-AA playoffs in ’79 and ’80. Am I missing any? It seems like the favorites have generally done quite well.

van
    van
    Participant

[quote quote=29343]

NEVER be overconfident playing Lafayette. History shows a crappy LC team is capable of anything.

Just to put it in perspective, Bucknell did beat LC 42-17.

I am curious regarding the unpredictability of the rivalry. Except for Lafayette in ’81 and ’02 and Lehigh in ’09, I don’t recall any major upsets over the past four decades. I think ’81 was by far the biggest upset considering Lehigh had been in the 1-AA playoffs in ’79 and ’80. Am I missing any? It seems like the favorites have generally done quite well.

[/quote]did that analysis a few years ago, very few upsets in over 151 games

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

[quote quote=29326]Doc, just wondering if our scholarships are having a little drain on Ivy recruits? whole Ivy seems down

[/quote]
    H2H with the Ivies PL has done increasincreasingly each year. Ivies still win the majority of the H2Hs.
    Over the last 5-6 years I have tried to see how these 3 and 4 star recruits progress in the Ivies. The overall answer is tthat very few do. There are certainly various reasons but the conclusion does not change.
    With no roster or scholarship limits,Ivies just go out and get 30 more every year.:)

LehighGuy
    Participant

[quote quote=29326]Doc, just wondering if our scholarships are having a little drain on Ivy recruits? whole Ivy seems down

[/quote]Absolutely having a drain. Tons of kids have picked PL schools over Ivy simply because of the schollies. PL schools have won alot of battles vs HYP for top recruits. This all started in 2013 and continues to get worse for the Ivies. Of course they will win some (just to say i went to Ivy), but the majority will gravitate to PL IMO, heres a example of ONE of the many…..http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/210881/evan-chadbourn

• This reply was modified 7 years, 4 months ago by  LehighGuy.
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Wish that was true LG. We win markedly more H2Hs now with Ivies but they still take a substantial majority. The major impact of schollies has been ve the academies and CAA. Overall we are about 50-50 on H2Hs with them. New area seems to be vs MAC and AAC.

TMH
    Participant

Is it fair to say that the biggest impact of schollies is on the athlete who would not have qualified for need-based aid under the old system? I’m not sure that the dollars given out now is substantially different. The parameters have changed.
    Just asking.

richb-1
    Participant

A little farther back. 1968 (my soph year) Lehigh 2-7, Laf 7-2 and leading in Lambert Cup voting. I think it was 20-7 for the good guys, but not even that close, because our punt returner never called a fair catch. In actuality, I think there were only 1-2 common opponents who we lost to, and we beat, we had a much tougher schedule in the other 3-4 games

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.