List 2013

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football List 2013

This topic contains 220 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by RichH RichH 10 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 221 total)
  • Author

TMH
    Participant

Now that Kelsey has committed, I believe we are done on the DL and WR. I see needs now as

1.)RB
    2.)TE
    3.)DB
    4.)LB

but obviously we get the best athlete available.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

:) Still would like a FB.

TMH
    Participant

Rich,
    I thought about FB but I think Crawford may be our guy for the next few years and to me it’s a position that can be filled (and usually is) from some other area. It’s been my experience that the best athletes in HS are usually not playing FB or they are playing on both sides of the ball.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

True. Hobbie was a FB also. OK, if you wont let me have a FB, how about a NG. I know 3 DL already and dozens on roster. Gimme a real cover corner.

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

My #1 (2) is some quick/tough corners who can go man. We also need a decent punter. Not sure if the returning kickers have strong punting legs. Roster lists them as P/K, so who knows. But a good punter can really help your D. We’ve been spoiled for three years.

Kramer
    Kramer
    Participant

Lock down corners, and while we’re at it, how about a safety that will take somebody’s head off? I’d like to see us play more physical defense, and to create more turnovers.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Devine could be OK. Big guy strong leg.

van
    van
    Participant

TE is a need, know we got Timochenko, but a quality QB would be nice. Agree on cover corner comments also. Difference maker at any position always a need. Andy has done well at recruiting a balanced class year after year. Really no glaring needs based on numbers, but DL was a real weakness last year and that continues to be my big concern.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Since Max Anderson is back,need at TE s/n/b crucial. He may be rusty after missing last season,but he was ahead of both Colgate and Coyle while on team.
    Barrett should step up at SS but agree a cement man back there would be nice.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

K
    If you get a chance text me. I crashed my phone lost #s. Frstrating when your smart phone’s goal is too outmart you and does :)

• This reply was modified 10 years, 2 months ago by RichH RichH.

TMH
    Participant

On the down side, Pierre Johnson has committed to Wofford.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Yeah, most of PL wanted him.

Doc Qb
    Participant

With eleven commits so far, I am pretty happy with the skill position quality from a few viewpoints. One, the films on skill guys like Yosha, Pelletier, Siegenthaler, Kelsy is solid. Two, some of them were offered (we think) by some people we are hoping to compete with on field and recruiting wise (UNH, Maine, App, ODU to name a few). The linemen are harder to read, but have the frames.

But still, if you check out a site like 247-recruiting, the W&M, Richmond, Nova, UD commits have no one reportedly even recruited by us. Now, that surely goes both ways: we dont look at them because of grades, they dont want to ‘play down’ to PL. But you would have to think a few have the grades given the above schools who offered. Our quality overall has improved, but I still maintain there are some kids we could go after and compete with those CAA guys.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Agree. If you go back a bit we were in on some W&M commits. Also 2 that went Nova. Getting some vs IL and CAA , not yet as many as we need to.
    Hope a few more years of schollies and on the field success will evem the process out more in our favor. This yr just want to catch up to LC and Gate.

van
    van
    Participant

curious as to how we are doing against the Ivys? Pretty skilled kid from my town (Mayes) just committed to Harvard.

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 221 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.