Looking ahead …

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football Looking ahead …

This topic contains 15 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  TheFan 8 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #4039
    sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

    Anyone watch the FCS games Saturday?

    The Old Dominion team, in only its third year, looks like the real deal. Central Arkansas, good QB and run game, looked good, too …

    Its got a freshman QB who has started the last seven games after getting a relief win over UMass, losing only to Towson, 39-35. That includes a win over James Madison, which looked fast but beatable on Saturday.

    Georgia native Taylor Heinicke has thrown 20 TDs and only 1 INT, completing 70.7 percent of his passes, this year. He’s got some great, fast receivers with good hands. And, while not a pure runner, he’s averaging 6-plus yards on the ground.

    Of the games I saw, LU — absent mistakes/injuries, etc. — looks to be able to handle most of the teams playing.

    #4041
    hawkineer
    hawkineer
    Participant

    Special teams are my biggest concern. They have been the Achilles heel of this team all year and directly led to the UNH loss. They can’t give up anything big on STs.

    #4044
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

    Am forced to agree on ST play. Has gotten better over the season but itis still not good.

    #4045
    van
    van
    Participant

    Agree on STs. Might we see Spadola returning KO’s? Some more starters on the KO coverage? We need some more speed on the KO return.

    #4048
    ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

    Not sure how many players get to travel in the playoffs, so we might see some starters on STs as a new twist. There is always the concern though with injury as the KO is the highest risk play in football due to the higher speed collisions. That said, there is no question this is by far and away the key to winning. I am happy if we just have fair returns. I am more concerned about our KO coverage. We cannot give TSU a short field with their great running game. We need to force them to drive 80 yards. Tremendous percentage in favor of defense when an offense has to move 80 yards. Statistically, they will only score about 10% of the time when starting from their own 20. Haven’t checked TSU’s stats, but has West put the piggy on the ground much this year? As a freshman, one would think he might be gripping a little too tight at this point? While it’s been good to have the week off for the players, the wait is starting to get to me!

    #4050
    sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

    Sure could use Gerran Walker right about now …

    And some KO contain would be good, too … Squibs, pooches might be the fallback …

    Gotta hope O is in sync early, ready to play. D will be there, stopping the run, IMHO.

    #4055
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

    Groome has been on kick coverage along with others for last 4-5 games. No way do I want Spadola on KRs . just remember gardner , our best runner lost for the rest of the season with knee injury. Our returns have been the best part of a weak unit.

    #4067

    TheFan
    Participant

    http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthr … ost1736076

    RichH do you have a problem with the posted messages of TheFan?

    #4072
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

    "TheFan" wrote: http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?101515-Lehigh-vs-Towson-Non-Hater-Version&p=1736076&viewfull=1#post1736076

    RichH do you have a problem with the posted messages of TheFan?

    Check your PMs on AGS.

    Nothing wrong with being the Fan or an ardent supporter of Lehigh , in fact I sort of admire your zeal just not your methods

    #4083

    TheFan
    Participant

    "RichH" wrote: [quote="TheFan"]http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?101515-Lehigh-vs-Towson-Non-Hater-Version&p=1736076&viewfull=1#post1736076

    RichH do you have a problem with the posted messages of TheFan?

    Check your PMs on AGS.

    Nothing wrong with being the Fan or an ardent supporter of Lehigh , in fact I sort of admire your zeal just not your methods[/quote]

    Let me ask you again:

    RichH do you have a problem with the posted messages of TheFan?

    #4103
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

    "TheFan" wrote: [quote="RichH"][quote="TheFan"]http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?101515-Lehigh-vs-Towson-Non-Hater-Version&p=1736076&viewfull=1#post1736076

    RichH do you have a problem with the posted messages of TheFan?

    Check your PMs on AGS.

    Nothing wrong with being the Fan or an ardent supporter of Lehigh , in fact I sort of admire your zeal just not your methods[/quote]

    Let me ask you again:

    RichH do you have a problem with the posted messages of TheFan?[/quote]

    YUP. I suggest you read the PM on AGS. You let yourself be baited and enmeshed in one of protracted trolling contests with the baiters on these boards

    that go on for pages and resolve nothing because the ones you are arguing with have no interest in the actual argument, they will just keep baiting you to continue the fray as it gets nastier and nastier. Dont be so naive as to keep jumping to the bait .You are embarassing yourself and Lehigh

    #4105

    TheFan
    Participant

    "RichH" wrote:

    YUP. I suggest you read the PM on AGS. You let yourself be baited and enmeshed in one of protracted trolling contests with the baiters on these boards

    that go on for pages and resolve nothing because the ones you are arguing with have no interest in the actual argument, they will just keep baiting you to continue the fray as it gets nastier and nastier. Dont be so naive as to keep jumping to the bait .You are embarassing yourself and Lehigh

    Here is a thought.

    Maybe intead of concentrating on criticizing other posters, you might want to grow some hair on your b******* and defend your college on the message boards.

    #4106
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

    You really have a problem . Dont start on me little man. I have supported Lehigh for over 50 yrs. 2 of my kids went there also. If you read my posts on you I noted you made some astute comments . your problem is not defending Lehigh, you go nuts when anyone disagrees with you on any of the boards and then you go to bizarre lengths to continue a bicker fest. Why should a fan of another school agree with you. Nor should you necessarily agree with them. You just refuse to realize that some posters live to bait posters like you and you jump right to it. I repeat you are a laughing stock on both boards not for your support of Lehigh but for your behavior. My problem is you are embarassing lehigh. That pisses me off

    #4113

    TheFan
    Participant

    "RichH" wrote: You really have a problem . Dont start on me little man. I have supported Lehigh for over 50 yrs. 2 of my kids went there also. If you read my posts on you I noted you made some astute comments . your problem is not defending Lehigh, you go nuts when anyone disagrees with you on any of the boards and then you go to bizarre lengths to continue a bicker fest. Why should a fan of another school agree with you. Nor should you necessarily agree with them. You just refuse to realize that some posters live to bait posters like you and you jump right to it. I repeat you are a laughing stock on both boards not for your support of Lehigh but for your behavior. My problem is you are embarassing lehigh. That pisses me off

    RichH, 50 years?

    geesh…

    grow some hair your b***** and start supporting this great Lehigh football team for once on the public message boards that are not Lehigh oriented…

    #4115
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

    I am done with you little man

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.