Looks like Game 29 @ Army…

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball Looks like Game 29 @ Army…

This topic contains 4 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  engin-rear 15 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

lfnadmin
    Keymaster

… though with two double-digit losses in the past week I’m not exactly holding a lot of hope in a win.

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

With the way they’re playing it doesn’t matter who or where they’ll play. I can’t remember a team with such horrible shooting….since I don’t know when. I remember in 1973 or so, the team that went 1-23 was so bad the Brown and White reported that when a power outage occured in the middle of a game at Grace Hall the team’s shooting percentage went up 20%….This is something that can feed on itself with players pushing too hard; like squeezing the bat too hard in baseball when a hitter is in a slump. Need to relax and just cut it loose. Absolutely nothing to lose.

engin-rear
    Participant

"ngineer" wrote: With the way they’re playing it doesn’t matter who or where they’ll play. I can’t remember a team with such horrible shooting….since I don’t know when. I remember in 1973 or so, the team that went 1-23 was so bad the Brown and White reported that when a power outage occured in the middle of a game at Grace Hall the team’s shooting percentage went up 20%….This is something that can feed on itself with players pushing too hard; like squeezing the bat too hard in baseball when a hitter is in a slump. Need to relax and just cut it loose. Absolutely nothing to lose.

Army is going to play defense like HC which gives us fits. Hall has to play like he believes we can win and Keefer needs to contribute while the game is still up for grabs. And if Anderson can put together one strong game we could pull it out.

LU65
    Participant

engine-rear, you bring up and interesting pair: Anderson and Keefer – two wild cards to be sure. A good game out of both tomorrow would be special indeed, but unexpected; a good game out of one might be enough to pull off a win with Marcus and Carrington carrying the load. Here’s a look at the Anderson/Keefer shooting woes when facing Army over the past 12 month (last year’s quarterfinal on 3/5/08, Game 1 this year – 1/17/09, and Game 2 this year – 2/14/09)

Anderson 4 for 14 FGs (.286) in 81 minutes of play
    Keefer: 7 for 22 FGs (.319) in 91 minutes of play

In last year’s quarterfinal, the pair went for 0 for 5 in a combined 38 minutes. I remember watching Keefer pick-up his PL Rookie of the Year honors before tip-off and then proceed to lay an egg before the home crowd – 28 minutes, 0 points on 0-4 shooting, and 4 turnovers. I’m sure that game will be on his mind as he suits up tomorrow. Anderson was, likewise, a non-factor in last year’s quarterfinal round game against Army (0 for 1 in 10 minutes). One or both had better up their game tomorrow.

engin-rear
    Participant

"LU65" wrote: engine-rear, you bring up and interesting pair: Anderson and Keefer – two wild cards to be sure. A good game out of both tomorrow would be special indeed, but unexpected; a good game out of one might be enough to pull off a win with Marcus and Carrington carrying the load. Here’s a look at the Anderson/Keefer shooting woes when facing Army over the past 12 month (last year’s quarterfinal on 3/5/08, Game 1 this year – 1/17/09, and Game 2 this year – 2/14/09)

Anderson 4 for 14 FGs (.286) in 81 minutes of play
    Keefer: 7 for 22 FGs (.319) in 91 minutes of play

In last year’s quarterfinal, the pair went for 0 for 5 in a combined 38 minutes. I remember watching Keefer pick-up his PL Rookie of the Year honors before tip-off and then proceed to lay an egg before the home crowd – 28 minutes, 0 points on 0-4 shooting, and 4 turnovers. I’m sure that game will be on his mind as he suits up tomorrow. Anderson was, likewise, a non-factor in last year’s quarterfinal round game against Army (0 for 1 in 10 minutes). One or both had better up their game tomorrow.

Right, and they happen to be the 2 players after Carrington and Hall that at least are capable of having a strong game. Keefer needs help so Reed has to put in some sets that get him some screens or find him when Army doubles in transition. Anderson needs to guard their weakest post so he has a chance to be effective scoring. It will sound strange but he plays his best offense when he he does not play defense too much. I do not intend a slight but that’s what I’ve seen over his career. And Hall has to play the entire game in the context of a game plan, he seems to lose his focus if we fall behind by 10 points.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.