Loyola: PL Game #11

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball Loyola: PL Game #11

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by travism travism 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

LU65
    Participant

Game Notes

LU’s

http://www.lehighsports.com/custompages/Game%20Notes/Men's%20Basketball/2016-17/22%20-%20Lehigh%20at%20Loyola%20notes%20020117.pdf

Loyola’s

http://locl-platform-prod.silverchalice.co/v3/files/58909bb5e4b04f6e5d128941

KenPom Rankings and Prediction
    LU (12-9, 7-3 and in 4th Place) Ranked 116th
    @
    Loyola (11-10, 5-5 and in 6th Place) Ranked 242nd
    LU wins by 4 (73-69)

Around the PL on Wednesday

LC @ Army (Army by 14)
    AU @ Bucky (Bucky by 18)
    CU @ HC (HC by 7)
    Navy @ BU (BU by 5)

They say Defense Wins Championships. They may be right. If so, we’ve got some work to do. Check-out these PL Conference Only Defensive Stats after 10 games…………….

2FG%
    Navy 1st @ 46.5%
    BU 2nd @ 47.8%
    Bucky 3rd @48.2%
    LU 4th @ 53.2%
    3FG%
    Bucky 1st @ 30.5%
    Army 2nd @ 31.8%
    Navy 3rd @ 32.8%
    LU 10th @ 39.4%

van
    van
    Participant

worried about fatigue tonight, no Andree? bench even shorter? seems like a gut check time

travism
    travism
    Participant

Seasons over. Glad price showed up. Nice to see our pg play well again. Nott. His second last possession he settled for a pull up after dribbling around. I’m fed up. I’m sick of no answers from coach. This is embarrassing. Like I said. Seasons over

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Another L. A much better effort. TK fouled out. Partly his fault but refs called a phantom O foul to toss him.
    KR clanked on a layup to tie at the end.
    Bright spot Cohen.

travism
    travism
    Participant

Jordan and Brandon very good game. Two of tims fouls were not even fouls. Bottom line is we are who we are. We won’t win a game in the conf tourney. This is a bad team when a bunch of exp kids who don’t give a damn. I shouldn’t have to mention names. Poor poor job by the staff. And very sad we will not get tim to the tourney even one time. Have a feeling a few of these guys shut it down. They sure don’t seem like they want to win. I mean when u can’t even show up on time to film study ok game day that’s pretty sad.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Cohen started. AP played 30 mins did nothing again. KR in some kind of funk. More Tzos than assists again and doesn’t svore.

Dont know whats up with those 2 but they arent playing well for a while now. With a short roster everyone has to show up. These w habent shown up in the last couple of games.AP has to score but seems disinclined to shoot.

van
    van
    Participant

really think the short bench is catching up with them, too many minutes for some of those guys, no solution for that til next year, ugh

LU65
    Participant

OK Defense is about all you can say with:

0 Fast Break Pts. Allowed
    28.6% 3FG%
    18 Forced TO’s

Awesome games by BA, KL, and JC who combined for 15 of 22 from in close. Great penetrations, wisely forsaking the 3’s that weren’t there all night. Oh yeah, whose idea was it to have KR take the last shot (1 of 6 before letting it go) when you had the likes of the other three playing so well?

Biggest problem, as mentioned over and over and over again, is team depth. We played 6; they played 10. And, one of the guys – our star player – was clearly sick. Sick and Tired. That about sums it up for me.

On to American.

travism
    travism
    Participant

Depth is a major issue. But on the other hand. Which guy that is hurt, would have really impacted this team this year? Sedore has never played a min here. Lieb is probably the guy we miss the most but again how much of an impact would he have made. We have never seen him play. Having those guys would deffiently get are guys more rest which i agree. By the way. Any word on jack??? I think we are an overrated team with a few kids on here who truly care. It’s scary to think Ross will be the leader next year. Have not seen anything that tells me he is or can be or wants to be a leader. How was price late to film ? He is at the same hotel Lol. We all thought top two seed. Well we might be looking at a play in game to start. This is ugly. And nothing is being corrected.

travism
    travism
    Participant

Again. We truly miss Justin and Jessie. They played d. And could push ppl around. We don’t have one guy like that who could spell Tim for a few. I don’t understand how we always have the shortest benches. We have two kids who are walk-ons. Basically bodies for practice. Can’t find anyone else who could come in and push some ppl around and grab a few boards. Hell. I’d be happy with a football kid or anyone. I don’t get it. Injuries don’t help but we are deffiently lacking depth

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.