LU-UNH recap

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football LU-UNH recap

This topic contains 49 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  TheCobbler 9 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)
  • Author

TheCobbler
    Participant

LehighGuy, please continue to make posts. You do a much better job than I can of proving what a moron you are.

Hawkineer, as for looking for me to put a positive spin on things, not sure where that is coming from. I am the guy who was criticized on here over the summer for saying this team is a 4-5 win team.

If you objectively evaluated this Lehigh team, this should not be a surprise at all. The defense has been in steady decline since 2011. Yes LU was 10-1 in ’12 but D still gave up 30+ points in 3 league games that year. I agree Bott is a good coach, but you don’t just wave a wand and magically fix one of the worst D’s in school history.

I’ll go back to my question before the season, who are the playmakers on this team? I was told there were a bunch. Through 2 games I’ve seen Leaks make some plays on D. QB makes plays with his feet. OL and RB have been solid. That’s about it. And things aren’t getting much easier the next 2 weeks. Could be staring 0-4 in the face going to bye week.

That being said, I’m not stepping out on a ledge just yet. The signs were all there that this would be a bad year for LU. Every program has a down year once in a while. I don’t know how many other FCS teams have won 39 games in the last 4 years, but it’s not many. Crazy to suggest that now Andy and the staff suddenly don’t know how to coach.

TMH
    Participant

Again,stop with the personal attacks. This is how discussion boards break down. You are entitled to your opinion but please limit it to the team’s performance. Thanks.

TheCobbler
    Participant

So the rules are it’s only ok to attack the players and coaches, not the other posters. Makes sense. Got it.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Cobbler,Lehugh Guy.
    Free at all times to disagree and post contrary opinions. Disagreement however does not necessitate personal digs at other posters.
    Secondly,opining that a player,unit or coach made a mistake,dropped a pass,missed a tackle is not attacking. Merely fans venting. Likewise disagreeing with a post is not attacking the poster just not agreeing with him. No issue with opinions.Insulting posters will not be tolerated. It is unnecessary.

Miller
    Participant

Dear Cobb,please stop embarrassing your good name. If you mention D in decline ,then that is parallel with the departure of Coach K. If true, then its not players or desire, it’s a lack of defensive game planing and mentoring that was once provided.
    p.s., since you know all and even give grades on knowledge.look in the mirror and grade that guy. Pathetic. You ask who are the playmakers?……..I ask, who are the leaders? Really one in the same, just time to step up. You ask many questions, but never offer suggestions. If you were the HC what would you do? Really?

chipwho
    Participant

Many of us realized the month of Sep was going to be a challenge before the first snap of preseason. That’s exactly what we wanted, a challenge. Okay, we are 0-2, now build upon all are bright spots & win the PL. Remainder of the schedule will see mark improvements along with a bunch of W’s.
    Yes, our D must make major strides & O has to haul in a few more passes & then we can reflect back on many of the above comments. GO LEHIGH!

LehighGuy
    Participant

Cobbler you are funny, your name calling because of someone’s opinion shows your true character. You call me a moron, but in the same post say we have the worst D and we have no playmakers. But won’t acknowledge that maybe some of those guys are on the sideline! Should we continue with the same guys you say are part of the worst D and not playmakers? Can the younger guys do any worse? Please enlighten me oh wise one!

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Lehigh Guy,
    Are you going to cut it out. Disagree with him. No need for the dig.
    Seriously, lising my patience with the two of you.

jimk72
    jimk72
    Participant

With you 120% on this Rich.

LehighGuy
    Participant

Didn’t say anything I would call a dig, no name calling at all, I simply ask the man a question. I will refrain from responding to him, even though every post he puts my name in he calls me a name…..it done ;)

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Thank you. Now lets move on to Yale.:)

TheCobbler
    Participant

Miller, I’m totally confused by your post. Are you agreeing with me that there are no playmakers or disagreeing…then something about leaders…I don’t know? Very confusing.

I did catch that you want suggestions so here goes. Fans of other PL schools like to say how spoiled LU fans are. We’ve been blessed with some great football teams at Lehigh over a long period of time. This is not one of those teams. Accept this team for what it is, an average football team. Don’t try to assess blame for losses. Make expectations more realistic and cherish every win rather than pointing fingers for losses. Believe that better times are ahead for the program in the coming years.

I don’t offer suggestions as if I were the HC because I’m not qualified to do so. I have no idea what is going on in practice, in meetings, in the classroom, around campus, in recruiting, etc. How can I possibly make suggestions when the only thing I know about this team is what I see on 11 afternoons out of 365 days?

I can admit that Andy and the other men who are around the players on a daily basis know more about schemes and who should be playing than I do. To offer suggestions about who should be playing and what schemes should be used would be ignorant on my part. I’m not watching practice film. I’m not watching game film of the opponent. I don’t see an injury report. I don’t know what is going on in the lives of the players off the field. How can I possibly offer valid suggestions without knowing this information?

LehighGuy, I believe the “younger” guys aren’t playing because they aren’t good enough. I trust that the defensive staff, who coach and meet with these kids every day, knows who their best football players are and they are putting them on the field each week.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Cobbler,well said. I respect your reluctance to offer opinions on what should be done. I agree that the staff knows better than we who should play. Still like most fans ,we are all free to disagree with them particularly when times are bad. We are all hopeful of a good year but realustically given the changes such is not likely. Myself,a winning season and beating the Pards will do the job. More,would be astounding.

LehighGuy
    Participant

Rich are you tanking the season already? Would a lost to Yale ruin the season? If these things come to pass would you then suggest we start player our younger kids and build for the future like every other PL team is doing. I admit, even though we dropped these first two, i still think LU can go 7-3. We played UNH which a top FCS team in the country, they will make alot of people look bad. We should of beat JMU, i’m still optimistic knowing we have less talented teams on the horizon. Maybe the jr and srs who are new starters in they own right will come along with a sprinkle of the younger kids in the mix.

LehighGuy
    Participant

And Cobbler, I do watch game film, i watch practice as well. What those kids do in the game they do in practice. I see talent on the field not being used. Did you see Pellatier, does that in practice. I dont know if Coen and staff gave him alot of PT because hes a NH kid or not, but it was good to see!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.